Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   tsf april 21 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/tsf-april-21-a-235375.html)

scoobyjeep 04-14-2013 11:26 PM

tsf april 21

just looking to see if anyone wants to go to TSF next sunday 4/21 if their is interest then we can figure out what trails

skjeeper 04-15-2013 12:42 PM

Welcome back!

Hey Scoobyjeep! Glad to see you are up for heading out again, I assume that's because you finally got your transmission fixed and up and running? I might be available to go out this Sunday with you. There's a run on the 28th too, but I will still go out with you if I can if you can't make the 28th too. I will let you know by mid-week!:)

take care, and welcome back!:)
-skjeeper

FireMike 04-15-2013 12:49 PM

I might also be able to make this run :) what trails were you planning on?

IslandTJ 04-15-2013 12:51 PM

In :dance:

FireMike 04-15-2013 03:08 PM

And what time were you thinkin?

scoobyjeep 04-15-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireMike (Post 3640146)
And what time were you thinkin?

what time works for everyone i am always earlier the better more trail time

so we can do says 8 or 9 what time works for everyone.

i was thinking of doing firebreak 5

its been a while i don't even know what trails are good anymore lol

scoobyjeep 04-16-2013 12:45 AM

i am never good at planning trails, i was thinking starting east and head up power line, maybe down firepower if its open and maybe up, hit firebreak and go from their,

i welcome input

IslandTJ 04-16-2013 10:30 AM

It looks like it will be a nice day.

skjeeper 04-16-2013 12:12 PM

Where shall we meet? Shall we meet at the North Plains Chevron or shall we meet at the 76 gas station parking lot across the street? Might as well have a treehouse or clubhouse there with a sign saying "Jeeps Only":) since we always seem to rally there. The Gales Creek Shell would also probably work for me too.

Anyhow, I think I will be able to make it. Since I am hosting a run on the 28th, I may have to lead some newbies and such, which is no problem, but this run will give me a chance to get in the rocks a little more.:)

see you all then, hopefully:)
-skjeeper

rvkillian 04-16-2013 04:18 PM

I may be able to go. If we run Firebreak 5 and Cedar Tree, we can get badges for our Jeeps :cool:

Badge of Honor | Off Road Trails, Jeep Life, Trail Badge | Jeep

IslandTJ 04-16-2013 04:57 PM

Anyone interested in doing Rocky Uphill too?

scoobyjeep 04-16-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandTJ (Post 3644900)
Anyone interested in doing Rocky Uphill too?

yes i am down for rocky up hill

scoobyjeep 04-16-2013 10:44 PM

so lets make a this official

meet at the chevron in north plains @ 8:30 AM
leave at 8:45ish

Trails subject to change
Rocky Up Hill
Fire Break 5
Ceder Tree
if time maybe University Fire Power if any one is game
if any one had ideas or anything let me know but for now lets go with this

skjeeper 04-17-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyjeep (Post 3646401)
yes i am down for rocky up hill

I wanna go up Rocky Uphill too!

I wanna go up Hogs Back too!

I wanna go up Can Opener too!

Uhh....can someone give me a ride home if I go up Can Opener??

:)
See you all Sunday, and maybe again the 28th:)
-skjeeper

scoobyjeep 04-17-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjeeper (Post 3646726)
I wanna go up Rocky Uphill too!

I wanna go up Hogs Back too!

I wanna go up Can Opener too!

Uhh....can someone give me a ride home if I go up Can Opener??

:)
See you all Sunday, and maybe again the 28th:)
-skjeeper

ha we could run day and night lol

i am up for any trail, i just need to get out

Keeks911 04-17-2013 05:12 AM

So this kind of sounds difficult and like a small group of you guys that have been there and done that together before.

Is it open to anyone? I promise I wont drive, my nerves were shot on the newbie run and I decided that sometimes...most of the time (for now) it is better to be a passenger.

My husband is the driver. I trust him with my jeep :) He knows the consequences and reprocussions of hurting her. However, this is my DD, are these trails safe? Would we need any other equipment than a winch, shovel, fire extinguisher and OHV permit?

If this wouldn't be a good idea, we are already planning on the TSF run on the 28th.

And if we dont go on this one, we're going back to where the newbie run was by Red Bluff Rd.

skjeeper 04-17-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeks911 (Post 3646977)
So this kind of sounds difficult and like a small group of you guys that have been there and done that together before.

Is it open to anyone? I promise I wont drive, my nerves were shot on the newbie run and I decided that sometimes...most of the time (for now) it is better to be a passenger.

My husband is the driver. I trust him with my jeep :) He knows the consequences and reprocussions of hurting her. However, this is my DD, are these trails safe? Would we need any other equipment than a winch, shovel, fire extinguisher and OHV permit?

If this wouldn't be a good idea, we are already planning on the TSF run on the 28th.

And if we dont go on this one, we're going back to where the newbie run was by Red Bluff Rd.

I am sure you are more than welcome to come with us on the 21st. We are not an "exclusive" group but lots of us have wheeled together before. From the trails we are interested in doing on the 21st, I would say this is an "intermediate/advanced" group. Tillamook has various trails with different levels of difficulty and the ones listed in this post can be challenging, which is where the fun comes into play.:)
To me, the main thing about Tillamook is not knowing what trails to do, but where in the he** they are at. One can easily get lost in there even with a map/GPS. So, going in a group makes for safety and efficiency.
If this run is too challenging, the 28th run is more likely to break up into two groups, one more advanced, and one more mild assuming I can get volunteers to lead/tailgun the advanced group. I will probably end up leading the "mild" group since I posted the 28th run, but even then, trails like Cedar Tree, Powerline, and HoodRaiser, and Hogs Back can be fun and entertaining for stock rigs. If you get too much "pucker factor" while you are driving on some of the trails, there are plenty of bypasses to get around.

Hope this helps-
skjeeper

FireMike 04-17-2013 11:46 AM

Just want to say I am down for anything! Not picky at all. But FYI I am open f/r. But I do want to try out all these trails :)

skjeeper 04-17-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireMike (Post 3648023)
Just want to say I am down for anything! Not picky at all. But FYI I am open f/r. But I do want to try out all these trails :)

Open front and rear? No problem, that's what recovery straps are for. LOL. Just kidding, I am sure we will all be okay since we will be in a group. If the weather holds up, I think we will have a lot of fun!

See you all then-
skjeeper

City 04-17-2013 06:46 PM

You guys are killing me with these Sunday runs.. What happened to Saturday??

skjeeper 04-17-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City (Post 3649616)
You guys are killing me with these Sunday runs.. What happened to Saturday??

Oh, I can answer that, usually I spend my Saturdays looking for the keys to my Jeep underneath the pile of empty Taco Bell burrito wrappers and empty Jim Beam bottles from the night before. Right when I find em' it's Sunday! Hooray!

Just kidding, I will try and make the next run a Saturday for those who can't make Sundays.

Sorry man, I'll figure out how to make it up to you.
-skjeeper:)

scoobyjeep 04-17-2013 07:28 PM

i work weekends, i just took a few vacation days,

and yes this is a open run, don't want to get too big of a group but we can make anything work

some of these trails can be harsh on stock jeeps but do able, armor is always plus but not required

i am all about just getting out and having fun, their are bypasses on the harder spots also

Keeks911 04-18-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjeeper (Post 3647928)

I am sure you are more than welcome to come with us on the 21st. We are not an "exclusive" group but lots of us have wheeled together before. From the trails we are interested in doing on the 21st, I would say this is an "intermediate/advanced" group. Tillamook has various trails with different levels of difficulty and the ones listed in this post can be challenging, which is where the fun comes into play.:)
To me, the main thing about Tillamook is not knowing what trails to do, but where in the he** they are at. One can easily get lost in there even with a map/GPS. So, going in a group makes for safety and efficiency.
If this run is too challenging, the 28th run is more likely to break up into two groups, one more advanced, and one more mild assuming I can get volunteers to lead/tailgun the advanced group. I will probably end up leading the "mild" group since I posted the 28th run, but even then, trails like Cedar Tree, Powerline, and HoodRaiser, and Hogs Back can be fun and entertaining for stock rigs. If you get too much "pucker factor" while you are driving on some of the trails, there are plenty of bypasses to get around.

Hope this helps-
skjeeper

I appreciate that. Since I really don't have any idea what Fire Break 5 is, or The Can Opener.... or Rocky Uphill, I YouTubed it. HOLY CRAP NO WAY! My jeep isn't stock but I am not ready to put her through that!

So, we look forward to seeing everyone on the 28th.

You boys have a great time! 'Cuz it does look fun.... from a passenger in someone else's jeep point of view.

;)

scoobyjeep 04-19-2013 11:13 PM

head count

IslandTJ 04-19-2013 11:23 PM

I'll see everyone at Chevron :)

IslandTJ 04-20-2013 01:36 PM

Meet at the chevron in north plains @ 8:30 AM
leave at 8:45ish

Trails subject to change
Rocky Up Hill
Fire Break 5
Ceder Tree