Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Canada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/)
-   -   Best Rated 2.5-3" Suspension Lift Kit (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/best-rated-2-5-3-suspension-lift-kit-235786.html)

MaritimeJeep83 04-16-2013 09:24 PM

Best Rated 2.5-3" Suspension Lift Kit
 
Hey everyone, new to the forum. I recently have been mulling over the question of getting a lift installed in my 05' TJ Sport. The local hot shop for kits and installation in my neck of the woods carries Rough Country kits and are charging $1300 for a 2.5" lift. In researching, ive seen alot of Old Man Emu, and OME. Whats the best one out there? This wont be a Budget Boost, but id like to know what my options are. Any help is appreciated

wesley.vienneau 04-16-2013 10:15 PM

Welcome to the forum. B-) From what i see all lifts got there pros and cons best bet wait and see what everyone says

offroad cowboy 04-17-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3646063)
Hey everyone, new to the forum. I recently have been mulling over the question of getting a lift installed in my 05' TJ Sport. The local hot shop for kits and installation in my neck of the woods carries Rough Country kits and are charging $1300 for a 2.5" lift. In researching, ive seen alot of Old Man Emu, and OME. Whats the best one out there? This wont be a Budget Boost, but id like to know what my options are. Any help is appreciated

WOW!! I only paid $600 for a rough country 4" short arm kit in Alberta. And there crap!! since than i upgraded, only thing left from the kit is the coils now. Clayton makes a great kit, very strong and awsome flex!:thumb:

MaritimeJeep83 04-17-2013 09:06 AM

Thanks wesley appreciate the welcome. ill be sure to do more research in waiting for some replys. :cheers:

MaritimeJeep83 04-17-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offroad cowboy (Post 3647477)
WOW!! I only paid $600 for a rough country 4" short arm kit in Alberta. And there crap!! since than i upgraded, only thing left from the kit is the coils now. Clayton makes a great kit, very strong and awsome flex!:thumb:

600! jesus H, we get raped down here in the maritimes for cost of equipment and parts...specifically auto. You mentioned short arm, is there a difference in performance and riding In short arm compared to normal kits? :cheers:

wesley.vienneau 04-17-2013 09:10 AM

[QUOTE="offroad cowboy;3647477"]
WOW!! I only paid $600 for a rough country 4" short arm kit in Alberta. And there crap!! since than i upgraded, only thing left from the kit is the coils now. Clayton makes a great kit, very strong and awsome flex!:thumb:[/QUOTE

How much did u pay for the Clayton?

wesley.vienneau 04-17-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3647506)

600! jesus H, we get raped down here in the maritimes for cost of equipment and parts...specifically auto. You mentioned short arm, is there a difference in performance and riding In short arm compared to normal kits? :cheers:

Its all in the bushings

RevCo666 04-17-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3647490)
Thanks wesley appreciate the welcome. ill be sure to do more research in waiting for some replys. :cheers:

Welcome to the forum bud, I wish I could help with additional info but I'm trying to keep my jeep as stock as I can.

MaritimeJeep83 04-17-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesley.vienneau (Post 3647522)
Its all in the bushings

I was gonna go with urethane? thoughts?

wesley.vienneau 04-17-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3647550)

Welcome to the forum bud, I wish I could help with additional info but I'm trying to keep my jeep as stock as I can.

Nothing long with a stock jeep i seen one whit 33s 12.5 go,s good

MaritimeJeep83 04-17-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3647550)

Welcome to the forum bud, I wish I could help with additional info but I'm trying to keep my jeep as stock as I can.

Thanks for the welcome RevCo, I have been the same for the past 4 years, in keeping him stock, im buying another here in the next month or 2 so I decided to take the leap into upgrades. See how she goes from there, but have the stock backup just in case it goes south

RevCo666 04-17-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3647574)
Thanks for the welcome RevCo, I have been the same for the past 4 years, in keeping him stock, im buying another here in the next month or 2 so I decided to take the leap into upgrades. See how she goes from there, but have the stock backup just in case it goes south


Your welcome, I have no qualms about upgrades ect but my philosophy is based on needs and wants and I have no wants ;) I'm only into simply mods that won't decrease my MPG or cosmetic stuff only. Atleast you have a backup, most ppl don't so I hope you can get your rig the way you want it!!

wesley.vienneau 04-17-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3647556)

I was gonna go with urethane? thoughts?

Go rubber

MaritimeJeep83 04-17-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesley.vienneau (Post 3647646)

Go rubber

Buddy of mine also said the same thing. said- to avoid the headache just stick with rubber cause if ya go offroad (which I do) ur lookong at breaking them.

wesley.vienneau 04-17-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3647706)

Buddy of mine also said the same thing. said- to avoid the headache just stick with rubber cause if ya go offroad (which I do) ur lookong at breaking them.

I wore them mine out went to see my buddy and he made me some its a world of difference where in the maritimes are u from

wesley.vienneau 04-17-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesley.vienneau (Post 3647725)

I wore them mine out went to see my buddy and he made me some its a world of difference where in the maritimes are u from

And the drive is almost like factory for a lift and 35s that's good

MaritimeJeep83 04-17-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesley.vienneau (Post 3647725)

I wore them mine out went to see my buddy and he made me some its a world of difference where in the maritimes are u from

really? I wonder if I could get some custom ones made. are they a rareity to get custom bushings? Im in New Brunswick, Saint John. You use any performance enhancers I.e gas flow limiters? im interested in installing one

wesley.vienneau 04-17-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3647813)

really? I wonder if I could get some custom ones made. are they a rareity to get custom bushings? Im in New Brunswick, Saint John. You use any performance enhancers I.e gas flow limiters? im interested in installing one

Im in bathurst my buddy down the road can make u some he work with rubber its Ben 25 years and everyone around here says he's the man

MaritimeJeep83 04-17-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesley.vienneau (Post 3647848)

Im in bathurst my buddy down the road can make u some he work with rubber its Ben 25 years and everyone around here says he's the man

ill hafta look into that man, that sounds like something id like to look into, plus its not to far away. im getting it all done middle may so ill keep in touch. what would he charge?

wesley.vienneau 04-17-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3647862)

ill hafta look into that man, that sounds like something id like to look into, plus its not to far away. im getting it all done middle may so ill keep in touch. what would he charge?

Way less then aftermarket i can't say for sure i will in box u my number

offroad cowboy 04-17-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeJeep83 (Post 3647506)
600! jesus H, we get raped down here in the maritimes for cost of equipment and parts...specifically auto. You mentioned short arm, is there a difference in performance and riding In short arm compared to normal kits? :cheers:

The short arm kit is, stronger than the stamped tin they use stock. not sure about how much for a Clayton kit but could find out. Mine is custom 3 and 4 link. I know a few guys running Clayton lifts and they work great! I run the Clayton coil buckets on my frt diff. Its a 78 Waggy Dana 44. My jeeps a 99 TJ


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.