Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Found: Chrysler OEM Navi units on Woot (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/found-chrysler-oem-navi-units-on-woot-235830.html)

scottmphoto 04-17-2013 03:57 AM

Found: Chrysler OEM Navi units on Woot

Hey everyone - no experience with these but thought they looked interesting and I'd share: Chrysler 2007-12 Direct Fit Multimedia+Navi

mcdull 04-17-2013 06:50 AM

First, it is not OEM, it's aftermarket made by Metra.
"Direct Fit" only means it includes the double din dash kit, but it doesn't include the wiring harness, you still have to buy that which is different for w/amp or w/o amp and will have the same restriction as other aftermarket head unit.

Second, it's already posted
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/che...it-235634.html

NWJeeper89 04-17-2013 07:02 AM

It only fits Wranglers from '07-'11, it's a great deal and it looks like it does have the wirinig harnest then previously stated. Too bad I have the '13 130 stock radio, this would have been a nice upgrade especially for the price.

mcdull 04-17-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWJeeper89 (Post 3647045)
It only fits Wranglers from '07-'11, it's a great deal and it looks like it does have the wirinig harnest then previously stated. Too bad I have the '13 130 stock radio, this would have been a nice upgrade especially for the price.

Replied by the Metra guy in the discussion (for 10 Dodge Avenger, which I believe same for JK)
"You will need a CHTO-03 if the vehicle is amplified or an XSVI-6522-NAV if non amplified. Thanks"

Also
"It will work on 2007-2013 Jeep Wranglers."

NWJeeper89 04-17-2013 11:38 AM

I also talked to the Metra Rep,

McDull is right. Also they said to get the 40-EU10 (antenna adapter), but it doesnt make sense because that is for European Radios, so I dont know what thats about. I bought the Head-Unit and CHTO-03 so when I install it I'll get a write up on here.

Also be advised that the UConnect is not kept, but they do have their own bluetooth pairing system. And from what I read the Head Unit also keeps the steering wheel controls, however I dont know if it keeps the call buttons funtions, so Ill make sure I include that in the write up.

bbd08unlimited 04-17-2013 12:11 PM

What about GPS antenna and cable?

NWJeeper89 04-17-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbd08unlimited (Post 3647920)
What about GPS antenna and cable?

Comes with it, the GPS "puck" needs to have a clear view of the sky. The Rep told me you can put it outside your Jeep or somewhere inside near the windshield.

Mr.Dave 04-17-2013 05:27 PM

I will probably go to this when my weather subscription expires on my rhr. Probably could have money left over for other mods if everything goes right...great price.

mcdull 04-17-2013 06:04 PM

I just got a JVC KW-NSX1 with PAC harness w/amp for $400 from Crutchfield, I'm debating if I should get this one and move the JVC to my another car.

bbd08unlimited 04-17-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWJeeper89 (Post 3648963)

Comes with it, the GPS "puck" needs to have a clear view of the sky. The Rep told me you can put it outside your Jeep or somewhere inside near the windshield.

Mount the puck on top of the sound bar and always ride topless.

Beastmaster 04-17-2013 10:21 PM

I've been wanting to upgrade my stereo for some time and this deal is too good to pass up. I have the stock unit in my '07 with the infinity speakers.

Okay, I have what you audiophiles (is that term still used?) will find rather newbish question, but I have to ask.

Can I assume I don't have an amp? I believe it would be obvious (under the seat, somewhere in the rear cargo area, etc.

relyt 04-17-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmaster (Post 3650401)
I've been wanting to upgrade my stereo for some time and this deal is too good to pass up. I have the stock unit in my '07 with the infinity speakers.

Okay, I have what you audiophiles (is that term still used?) will find rather newbish question, but I have to ask.

Can I assume I don't have an amp? I believe it would be obvious (under the seat, somewhere in the rear cargo area, etc.

I'm pretty sure the infinity system is amplified. If you had the base stereo you wouldn't have an amplifier.

woansleftpeg 04-17-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmaster (Post 3650401)

I don't know the pre '11 JK, but I believe that the Infinity system is amplified. If it's like the 11+, and I expect it will be, the amp is mounted behind the driver kick plate beneath the steering wheel and behind the speaker pod. If you get right down into the footwell and look up behind the kick plate, you'll see three plugs just behind the OBD socket - two of those are connected into the amp.

Beastmaster 04-17-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woansleftpeg (Post 3650524)
I don't know the pre '11 JK, but I believe that the Infinity system is amplified. If it's like the 11+, and I expect it will be, the amp is mounted behind the driver kick plate beneath the steering wheel and behind the speaker pod. If you get right down into the footwell and look up behind the kick plate, you'll see three plugs just behind the OBD socket - two of those are connected into the amp.

Excellemt information, I found the amp. :punk:

Thanks. :thumb:

xsdbs 04-18-2013 08:01 AM

He is correct, Chrysler started using this style ant connector a few years back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWJeeper89 (Post 3647811)
I also talked to the Metra Rep,

McDull is right. Also they said to get the 40-EU10 (antenna adapter), but it doesnt make sense because that is for European Radios, so I dont know what thats about. I bought the Head-Unit and CHTO-03 so when I install it I'll get a write up on here.

Also be advised that the UConnect is not kept, but they do have their own bluetooth pairing system. And from what I read the Head Unit also keeps the steering wheel controls, however I dont know if it keeps the call buttons funtions, so Ill make sure I include that in the write up.

NWJeeper89 04-18-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 3651516)
He is correct, Chrysler started using this style ant connector a few years back.

Just to add you need the ASWC-1 to keep the steering wheel controls, you lose the phone button functionality from what I have heard, but you can also change that button through the ASWC-1 console with a different function.

kg4kpg 04-18-2013 11:31 AM

Thinking I want to order one for my 08 but I'm not familiar with WOOT. Good site to buy from? Any complaints?

Thanks,

Chris

relyt 04-18-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 3652152)
Thinking I want to order one for my 08 but I'm not familiar with WOOT. Good site to buy from? Any complaints?

Thanks,

Chris

They're owned by Amazon, if that makes you feel any better.

mitchelmb 04-18-2013 04:10 PM

I bought a set of last years Nike Irons for 150 shipped. They came in 4 days. I'd use them again for a deal.

Problem with the head unit is I cannot find any useful reviews. But for $200+, might not hurt to play around.

Beastmaster 04-18-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 3652152)

Thanks,

Chris

I've used them before and give them a thumbs up :thumb:

otaku30 05-03-2013 10:21 AM

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their Woot Metra head unit installed yet.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today.

the Kolector 05-03-2013 11:02 AM

I realize these are sold out currently, but does anyone know if it is compatible with a rear view camera?

otaku30 05-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Kolector (Post 3714594)
I realize these are sold out currently, but does anyone know if it is compatible with a rear view camera?

It does have a camera in through the aux on the back of the unit.

http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http...om/Pr78PW5.jpg

cnhmatthews 05-03-2013 03:01 PM

I saw the same unit listed on another website for maybe $20 more. I can't remember where I saw it, but it was from a Google search of the model number I think.

Beastmaster 05-03-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku30 (Post 3714432)
Just wondering if anyone has gotten their Woot Metra head unit installed yet.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today.

I got it and the CHTO-03 wiring harness, I plan on doing my install this weekend.

Wish me luck, it's been 25 years since I installed a car stereo. :whistling:

NWJeeper89 05-04-2013 07:49 AM

good luck, ill be waiting for your write up. :)

Brewbek 05-04-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwjeeper89 (Post 3717982)
good luck, ill be waiting for your write up. :)

x2

Beastmaster 05-04-2013 06:56 PM

I'm not going to be able to complete the install this weekend. I put the wiring harness together and I'm not getting any sound out of my right channels so I'm going to trouble shoot what went wrong.

I mainly wanted to check in and tell you that yes, you do the the european antenna adapter (I guess that's from the Fiat part of Chrysler). I'll put one on order tomorrow.

Rufus T. Firefly 05-04-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmaster (Post 3719447)
I'm not going to be able to complete the install this weekend. I put the wiring harness together and I'm not getting any sound out of my right channels so I'm going to trouble shoot what went wrong.

I mainly wanted to check in and tell you that yes, you do the the european antenna adapter (I guess that's from the Fiat part of Chrysler). I'll put one on order tomorrow.

The antennae adapter comes with it. Double check the packaging it came in. It came with mine. Also, you may need to cut the frame that held in original head unit. That stopped me last weekend. I couldn't get anything near it to cut it or get the thing out to cut it. I picked up a cheap high speed saw to attach to my compressor from Harbor Freight. If that doesn't get it, I quit. I have a 2010 JKU.

Beastmaster 05-04-2013 10:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the bracket, I hadn't gotten that far.

The antenna adapter pig tail that came in the package it close, but I can't get it to connect. I guess I could try again. I think I found my problem, a couple of crossed wires, I'll check it out tomorrow.