Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Pictures of Lift with Stock Wheels/Tires (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/pictures-of-lift-with-stock-wheels-tires-235845.html)

ThingsAbove 04-17-2013 07:36 AM

Pictures of Lift with Stock Wheels/Tires
 
I have a mostly stock 2012 JKU Sport. Still have plenty of life on the Goodyear SRA's after a couple of 5 wheel rotations I'm only at 17k.

Last time I went to the Uwharrie I was dragging the stock skid plates over nearly everything so I know I need a lift before I go back but I hate to waste money so I want to wait for my stockers to wear out before replacing them.

I plan on installing a Terraflex 2.5" coil lift next month but I don't want my Jeep to look comical with the lift and small(ish) A/T tires.

Does anyone have pictures of their Jeep on stock wheels/tires with a 2.5" or equivalent lift?

I searched for such a thread and couldn't find any.

Kellar4537 04-17-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThingsAbove (Post 3647216)
I have a mostly stock 2012 JKU Sport. Still have plenty of life on the Goodyear SRA's after a couple of 5 wheel rotations I'm only at 17k.

Last time I went to the Uwharrie I was dragging the stock skid plates over nearly everything so I know I need a lift before I go back but I hate to waste money so I want to wait for my stockers to wear out before replacing them.

I plan on installing a Terraflex 2.5" coil lift next month but I don't want my Jeep to look comical with the lift and small(ish) A/T tires.

Does anyone have pictures of their Jeep on stock wheels/tires with a 2.5" or equivalent lift?

I searched for such a thread and couldn't find any.

I have the same question. Its the biggest reason my jeep hasnt got its lift yet i dont have the cash at the moment for 5 new tires plus a tire carrier/bumper

iNtErNeT_rYaN 04-17-2013 07:42 AM

Here is a stock Rubicon (BFG LT255/75R17) with 2" Lift. It was a combo of Mopar and Fox Shocks.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/IMG_0525.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/IMG_0484.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/IMG_0565.jpg

ThingsAbove 04-17-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iNtErNeT_rYaN (Post 3647237)
Here is a stock Rubicon (BFG LT255/75R17) with 2" Lift. It was a combo of Mopar and Fox Shocks.
. . .
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/IMG_0484.jpg

Hmmm. Ok that looks good to me on the stockers. Making the stock wheels black helps. I don't know whether the TF 2.5" lift would look much taller than that 2" lift or not. Some people say the TF 2.5" with coils will produce 4" at the front without a heavy bumper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iNtErNeT_rYaN (Post 3647237)

Maybe more than 2" of lift would have been helpful :)

mpjdrizzt 04-17-2013 09:24 AM

TF 2.5" with stock rims/tires
 
I have a Teraflex 2.5" Lift with stock rims/tires (32"). I just can't see myself tossing perfectly good tires with less than 7K miles on them. Maybe next year I'll go for the 35s:whistling: But for now, I don't think that it looks too gappy.
Attachment 237211

Attachment 237218

JeffC 04-17-2013 09:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Mine with stock wheels/tires and bumpers. TF 2.5" coil lift and shock extenders

ThingsAbove 04-17-2013 10:30 AM

Ok based on the previous two posts that's kinda what I expected. The 2.5" lift with the SRA's looks kinda dorky (no offense) but with the KM2's it looks acceptable. The tire size doesn't seem to make as much of a visual difference here as the aggessive vs. street look of the tire itself.

Hmmm. I'll have to think about if it would bug me too much... They used to "cap" truck tires... maybe I can get an aggressive tread capped on my SRA's :)

Goldrif 04-17-2013 11:45 AM

alright, nice, but who has the stock 16 inch wheels? anyone?

mpjdrizzt 04-17-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThingsAbove (Post 3647786)
Ok based on the previous two posts that's kinda what I expected. The 2.5" lift with the SRA's looks kinda dorky (no offense) but with the KM2's it looks acceptable. The tire size doesn't seem to make as much of a visual difference here as the aggessive vs. street look of the tire itself.

Hmmm. I'll have to think about if it would bug me too much... They used to "cap" truck tires... maybe I can get an aggressive tread capped on my SRA's :)

No offense taken! An aggressive tread pattern definitely makes a great deal of difference in the appearance of the JK!:thumb: But, as I said earlier, I personally can't justify tossing a set of perfectly good tires at this point in the game:nonono:

As for the "cap" idea...IF you can find a tire center that does it on tires this small, I'm not sure whether it's cost effective. The other issue that you will face is (I'm pretty sure about this one in Virginia) you CAN'T run caps on front tires. So, you're back to square one, having to decide if you want to toss perfectly good tires to get that more aggressive stance.:facepalm:

ThingsAbove 04-17-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpjdrizzt (Post 3648262)
No offense taken! An aggressive tread pattern definitely makes a great deal of difference in the appearance of the JK!:thumb: But, as I said earlier, I personally can't justify tossing a set of perfectly good tires at this point in the game:nonono:

As for the "cap" idea...IF you can find a tire center that does it on tires this small, I'm not sure whether it's cost effective. The other issue that you will face is (I'm pretty sure about this one in Virginia) you CAN'T run caps on front tires. So, you're back to square one, having to decide if you want to toss perfectly good tires to get that more aggressive stance.:facepalm:

Yeah I was joking about the caps and I agree with you about not throwing away perfectly good tires. But hey, maybe I can get somebody to airbrush an aggressive looking sidewall on my SRA's . Hmmm, maybe there's a business model there for Mall-crawler rigs on stock tires.

Actually I think if I go back to the Uwharrie I'll probably tear the sidewall on at least one of my SRA's so I can justify new shoes :) There was some nice sharp rocks there along with branches poking out on the trail.

JeffC 04-17-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThingsAbove (Post 3647786)
Ok based on the previous two posts that's kinda what I expected. The 2.5" lift with the SRA's looks kinda dorky (no offense) but with the KM2's it looks acceptable. The tire size doesn't seem to make as much of a visual difference here as the aggessive vs. street look of the tire itself.

Hmmm. I'll have to think about if it would bug me too much... They used to "cap" truck tires... maybe I can get an aggressive tread capped on my SRA's :)

I live in Tucson and the stock height wasn't cutting the AZ trails. I figured with 5,000 miles on my stockers I could put on the 2.5" lift and then see if I still needed wheels/tires and, if so, still get some decent money for the stock set. Since the lift, no more fender rubbing in the ruts or over the rocks.

I'm keeping it the way it is as I don't care how it looks at the mall.

guppy 04-18-2013 10:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
here is all 3
stock
2.5" AEV w/stock wheels tires
then 315 70 17 Duratracs

JedFromAZ 04-18-2013 10:37 AM

OP,

I have a JKU with a TF 2.5 coil lift with a set of Bilsteins paired and I'm still rocking some stock 32s. Don't forget if you lift your JK and disconnect your front sway bar to purchase brake line extenders or new brake lines. Here's a pic of my JKU on the Broken Arrow Trail, Sedona, AZ with the sway bar disconnected. So far my JKU has gone everywhere I wanted it to go without any damage after the lift was installed.

Attachment 237681

HOOCBB 04-18-2013 10:43 AM

All of the above stock tire pics appear to be 255s...anyone have pics of the lowly 225s with a 2.5" lift?

dawhitesJKU 04-18-2013 12:23 PM

i pulled this out from offroadevolution's website. stock steelies lifted with their 4 inch enforcer kit.

Philster 04-18-2013 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RK 2-1/2" max travel w/Rubi-take-off

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/19/mudypeve.jpg

ThingsAbove 04-18-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guppy (Post 3652149)
here is all 3
stock
2.5" AEV w/stock wheels tires
then 315 70 17 Duratracs

Perfect example. Thank you.

You have a great looking rig.

JeffC 04-18-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philster (Post 3652626)
RK 2-1/2" max travel w/Rubi-take-off

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/19/mudypeve.jpg

Maybe I'm biased .... I LIKE this look :thumb:

ThingsAbove 04-19-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffC (Post 3654273)

Maybe I'm biased .... I LIKE this look :thumb:

I agree that lift looks good with stock wheels and KM2's on a 2 door. But I think that the 4 door JKU really needs the bigger tires when it's lifted to my eyes. For instance I think that 15" wheels with 33"s or 35's look good on a two door but look strange on a JKU. That longer body just needs more girth in the wheel wells in my opinion.

Farnham21 04-19-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU (Post 3652576)
i pulled this out from offroadevolution's website. stock steelies lifted with their 4 inch enforcer kit.

:eek:

kjeeper10 04-19-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farnham21 (Post 3655622)

:eek:

Rofl
That's funny as hell

Farnham21 04-19-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3655656)

Rofl
That's funny as hell

I'd be afraid a wind gust would blow me over.

sgtkersh 04-19-2013 06:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my wife's 2013 Sahara with a newly installed Rancho 2" Sport Lift. Actual lift was 2.25".
Attachment 238012


Sent from AutoGuide.com App


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.