Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/)
-   -   New Product!! TeraFlex Inclinometer (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/new-product-teraflex-inclinometer-235862.html)

TeraFlex 04-17-2013 09:26 AM

New Product!! TeraFlex Inclinometer
 
http://www.teraflex.biz/media/catalo...cale_sml_1.jpg

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIOqvvfm1rQ[/VIDEO]

The TeraFlex Trail Inclinometer helps keep your Jeep rubber-side down by alerting you of the roll and pitch angles of your Jeep. Visual indicators include a color gradient light bar as well as a digital numeric display. A customized audible alarm can also be turned on or off, to alert the driver when a dangerous roll or pitch angle is approached.

#4800550 $179.99 * Limited Quantities *
| TeraFlex Suspensions

Matador 04-17-2013 10:13 AM

$180 :eek:

How is it different from this 99 app on my phone?

http://a801.phobos.apple.com/us/r100...320x480-75.jpg

Once I have it calibrated, it pretty much does the same thing, no? I imagine that there is more to it, but I'm being totally serious. If it were $50-60 I wouldn't even be questioning it.

Seeuoffroad 04-17-2013 10:58 AM

I use the same app on my phone.

Riccochet 04-17-2013 11:13 AM

I'm not seeing the $180 appeal.

Senojelyk 04-17-2013 11:17 AM

There's an app for that. ;)

GREEN-MACHINE 04-17-2013 11:52 AM

i use the butt puck factor, no need for fancy app's or inclitometeres

Dannylot 04-17-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEN-MACHINE (Post 3648053)
i use the butt puck factor, no need for fancy app's or inclitometeres

Lol well put

Abnormal-JK 04-17-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeuoffroad (Post 3647880)
I use the same app on my phone.

Ditto~!

Das_Jeep 04-17-2013 12:31 PM

Anyone care to share the name of the app please?

CoreyZ 04-17-2013 12:36 PM

In hardcore scenarios, I can see the draw to have the TeraFlex inclinometer. As most people can attest, most gauges and whatnot are all used out of your peripheral. Being that you are either staring straight ahead, looking out the window (or lack of door) and possibly bouncing around... looking at a display sitting on top, mounted to the top of your dash that looks much longer and brighter with LED's than a cell phone in a shaky mount that is off to the center of the dash rather than right in front of your eyes... is a bit easier to keep track of. I think for most softer wheeling, the cell phone app works. For harder core type wheeling, the benefit is there.

The TeraFlex also wont go flying out of its holder when you bounce too hard.

County98 04-17-2013 12:48 PM

Wow. $180? Really? Pass for me. Sorry, but to me it's a $40 gadget. No offense to those that will enjoy it.

Abnormal-JK 04-17-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Das_Jeep (Post 3648180)
Anyone care to share the name of the app please?

It's from Smittybilt... in the APP Store... they have an Android version too..

Smittybilt iPhone App, Clinometer

gregaf3 04-17-2013 01:04 PM

Not really for me, but I did get a kick out of the video. Just like I do with all of your videos!!

Senior Chief 04-17-2013 02:26 PM

The malls here are built on fairly flat ground....:D:D:D

MOPWR2U 04-17-2013 02:31 PM

Video was very well done though. I did the LMAO thing.

Matador 04-17-2013 03:04 PM

I love Teraflex as a company. Generally they are right on point with most of their stuff. Sometimes the pricing gets a little whacky, so I'm hoping that I missed something with this thing that would justify the price tag.

Seeuoffroad 04-17-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyZ (Post 3648197)
In hardcore scenarios, I can see the draw to have the TeraFlex inclinometer. As most people can attest, most gauges and whatnot are all used out of your peripheral. Being that you are either staring straight ahead, looking out the window (or lack of door) and possibly bouncing around... looking at a display sitting on top, mounted to the top of your dash that looks much longer and brighter with LED's than a cell phone in a shaky mount that is off to the center of the dash rather than right in front of your eyes... is a bit easier to keep track of. I think for most softer wheeling, the cell phone app works. For harder core type wheeling, the benefit is there.

The TeraFlex also wont go flying out of its holder when you bounce too hard.

Mine doesn't shake and it very accurate. I also do t have to look at it it has different sounds for whatever pitch or angle your at so you know without looking at it.

Abnormal-JK 04-17-2013 08:24 PM

Yup... The alarms work, no need to even look at it.but it does amuse passengers. LOL

Mountek 5000 mount, solid.

Seeuoffroad 04-17-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua_Pines (Post 3650156)
Yup... The alarms work, no need to even look at it.but it does amuse passengers. LOL

Mountek 5000 mount, solid.

It amuses me. I'm always messing with it while watching TV. The alarms go off and my wife just rolls her eyes and shakes her head. :)

flipmeover 04-17-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U (Post 3648628)
Video was very well done though. I did the LMAO thing.

Me too. I laughed out loud when the Jeep went tumbling down the hill. All that was missing was some bad Godzilla claymation :)

WatchThis! 04-17-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyZ (Post 3648197)
In hardcore scenarios, I can see the draw to have the TeraFlex inclinometer. As most people can attest, most gauges and whatnot are all used out of your peripheral. Being that you are either staring straight ahead, looking out the window (or lack of door) and possibly bouncing around... looking at a display sitting on top, mounted to the top of your dash that looks much longer and brighter with LED's than a cell phone in a shaky mount that is off to the center of the dash rather than right in front of your eyes... is a bit easier to keep track of. I think for most softer wheeling, the cell phone app works. For harder core type wheeling, the benefit is there.

The TeraFlex also wont go flying out of its holder when you bounce too hard.

Ummmm no. I dont know of one rig built for hardcore wheeling by someone with exp that has on of these(that is not there for a joke). When shit gets serious most people are paying 100% to the rig and trail, not looking at a gage that only tells a small amount of what is going on.

I have seen group leaders make new guys take these out of there jeep after a few trails so they would stop staring at them insted of paying attion to what is going on.

And who the hell wants something like this beeping at them when things get iffy. I can scare the other people in my jeep with out spending 180 bones on this.

socal-jk 04-17-2013 11:49 PM

So...... where do you find the degree where your Jeep plays dead..... to make sure you don't go past it? I got the app on my phone and its good for scaring the shit out of your friends. As far as this, some people just want all tbe gadgets and have the money to buy them.

O_M_Jeep 04-18-2013 06:54 AM

I like it, and I know it's spendy (Teraflex isnt bargain basement) it wont be my first TF product and I'm sure not my last. The video alone makes me want it, a company with a sense of humor and doesnt take itself too seriously, I will reward that with genuine US money.

Good job Teraflex ! ! !


For the record, I have the android app, the ipod/iphone app, and the dashmount Rampage inclinometer (Quadratec Part No: 94050.0010) and aside from the rampage, they are slow, they dont keep up, they LAG badly, and since my Jeep does not, that makes them dangerous :)

Yes, $180 is expensive, so is your Jeep.

jrussblues 04-18-2013 07:14 AM

If you don't like technology, go ride a horse. Its amazing to me how many people get offended by new technology or gadgetry. Its also funny that people complain about mall crawlers. Someone wants to build a show jeep that never sees offroad but could spank 95% of the jk's on this forum if it did...well I can respect that. As for the inclineometer, I think I'm gonna get one just for kicks...why not? Got one in my LJ, its old school and has kept me from flipping that one twice.

ESP 04-18-2013 07:18 AM

Love the screams as the RC goes down the hill.

O_M_Jeep 04-18-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 3651500)
I like it, and I know it's spendy (Teraflex isnt bargain basement) it wont be my first TF product and I'm sure not my last. The video alone makes me want it, a company with a sense of humor and doesnt take itself too seriously, I will reward that with genuine US money.

Good job Teraflex ! ! !


For the record, I have the android app, the ipod/iphone app, and the dashmount Rampage inclinometer (Quadratec Part No: 94050.0010) and aside from the rampage, they are slow, they dont keep up, they LAG badly, and since my Jeep does not, that makes them dangerous :)

Yes, $180 is expensive, so is your Jeep.


iPod -
http://a731.phobos.apple.com/us/r100...320x480-75.jpg

Android -
http://fs02.androidpit.info/ass/x98/...9404602591.jpg

Rampage -
http://images.stylintrucks.com/produ...CL67842_5.jpg?

jrussblues 04-18-2013 08:09 PM

Wow...if I thought the product sucked then I would probably just keep my opinions to myself. Keep in mind that teraflex is a relatively small and very specialized company and bashing their products only hurts a u.s. business. Also, snarky comments about trailer queens or mall crawlers only prove that those guys can afford the stuff you want, which really looks sad when posted on a public forum.

rics1997 04-18-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues (Post 3654093)
Wow...if I thought the product sucked then I would probably just keep my opinions to myself. Keep in mind that teraflex is a relatively small and very specialized company and bashing their products only hurts a u.s. business. Also, snarky comments about trailer queens or mall crawlers only prove that those guys can afford the stuff you want, which really looks sad when posted on a public forum.

I don't think anyone is bashing Teraflex. We all here know they make quality parts. The complaint is the price and it is well justified. There are many Inclinometers on the market that are not apps and are a quarter of the price or less. I had a quality one a few years back that I had on the dash that cost $20. Never really used it so took it out. It would be too expensive even at half that price. It is more like a $40 item at best. I respect all their products but this is way overpriced.

kjeeper10 04-19-2013 04:52 AM

Well ok .... I think this one needs a break.

kjeeper10 04-19-2013 11:23 AM

The thread is reopened. If you have a question for Teraflex, ask.
If you have nothing to add or want to crap on a very respected company ... MOVE ON.
Last night was unnecessary and won't be tolerated going forward.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.