Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Catalytic converter

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rdougherty137 
#1 ·
my cats arent functioning properly and i went to have them replaced with two high flow. I was told that the jk has four. this leaves no resonators. so does anyone know what the set up is whether its four cats or two cats and two resonators with some technical back up so i can get this fixed

#4 ·
I put new headers on followed by new plug wires since the stock wires were visably arcing. well when i put on the new plugs i didnt pay enough attention to the order since they aren't not in the same order on each side. while figuring it out enough unburnt gas made it to my cat to pop the code in the computer. so i was going to run high flow cats and 2.5 inch pipe since i can legally take the cat out and replacement. i am going to be supercharging in the very near future so i want the extra flow.

#5 ·
Holler at Gibson; I think they have a complete system and should be able to answer technical questions.
Will you have access to a dyno after the exhaust job? I'd be very interested in the numbers after a full exhaust and maybe a snorkel.... ....you are adding a snorkel to deliver the coolest air, right?
Good luck on the project; it's a worthy one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.