Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Stock fenders

785 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BurgJeeper 
#1 ·
Here's a question that never quite seems to be addressed on here:
I have a stock 2001 TJ with rusted front fenders. There are a lot of vendors offering them at various prices, all better than OEM.
All I want is stock fenders that are a good balance of quality vs. price. Has anybody bought some from a company they liked?
I'm having some other body work done, so I'll have the body guy put them on at the same time.
My searches on here turn up modded fenders, fender flares, DIY work, etc.
I don't want anything fancy. I just want the holes to line up, and I'd like to use the old fender flares if possible. I want to get it in sound shape before I start thinking about modifications.
If this question has already been answered in another post, I would appreciate the link.
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
When I bought my 2001 jeep last summer I thought my fenders only had surface rust. Well turns out I was wrong. I have an appointment to have mine fixed and not replaced. There are some good deals out there but because of how north I live, shipping is always a killer so I've opted to getting a local body man do both, which includes: Remove all traces of rust, weld and repair, repaint and cover the innards with rockguard to prevent this from happening for a long time. Price: 400$ for both.

I calculated how much it would cost me to get my hands on a new pair plus shipping and that price doubled and doesn't include the primer/paint job :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.