Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Blinker lights not working at all! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/blinker-lights-not-working-at-all-236633.html)

Jeeper2003 04-20-2013 08:11 PM

Blinker lights not working at all!

Hello everyone! I am trying to figure out an issue I've been having with my 03 jeep rubicon. For some time now, I had a turn signal switch that appeared to be going bad. It would touch the knob barely, and it would light up my fog lights, and then when I would jiggle it they would go off. I assumed this was going bad and decided to change the switch. So today I went out and started my jeep, and the battery was dead. Just assumed the switch was on, as I disconnected my lights. I went to autozone for a new switch, and installed it. Now I have no turn signals at all. The signals worked up until I switched this out. I checked the fuse in the glove compartment and not burned out. Haven't checked turn signal bulbs yet, but the dash doesn't light up at all when the signal is turned either way. If I push down the hazard button I get nothing either. I'm stumped and could really use some assistance!!! I don't know what to do next:confused:

I appreciate any assistance or knowledge you can help with!

Thanks!

Russ

ChaddG 04-20-2013 09:00 PM

relay?
plug behind the dash somewhere?
my only two guesses

Jeeper2003 04-21-2013 12:43 PM

Ok, so here's what I've done so far today... Took off by rear light guards as some say I may lose a ground. I replaced all the bulbs, replaced the relay on the switch, and what I found was I had a blown fuse at the msw fuse under the hood. As soon as I put in a new 20a fuse, it popped again. Can't figure out what is causing this, I have a short somewhere and have no idea where. I'm stumped:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Russ

BLK00TJ 04-21-2013 12:47 PM

Got blinker fluid filled up?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :)

Lando25 04-21-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper2003 (Post 3664270)
Ok, so here's what I've done so far today... Took off by rear light guards as some say I may lose a ground. I replaced all the bulbs, replaced the relay on the switch, and what I found was I had a blown fuse at the msw fuse under the hood. As soon as I put in a new 20a fuse, it popped again. Can't figure out what is causing this, I have a short somewhere and have no idea where. I'm stumped:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Russ

There's another fuse behind the glove box in my 02. Not sure if its in your 03, but its worth a shot.

Jeeper2003 04-21-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK00TJ (Post 3664284)
Got blinker fluid filled up?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :)

I wish it was as easy as filling blinker fluid:thumb:
This is driving me crazy!!!

Jeeper2003 04-21-2013 04:14 PM

Turns out, the new switch was defective. Jeep is back in business:thumb:

BLK00TJ 04-21-2013 04:16 PM

Glad you got it worked out. Now top off the blinker fluid!