Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   Florida Jeep Forum (
-   -   Melbourne Wrangler Mechanic? (

petercass88 04-20-2013 09:26 PM

Melbourne Wrangler Mechanic?
Anyone know of a good mechanic in the Melbourne/palm bay area? I see some oil dripping and wanted to have someone trustworthy and jeep-intelligent take a peek at it before I hit the trails again :(

petercass88 04-22-2013 07:46 PM

No one?? How about orlando area?

petercass88 04-29-2013 02:44 PM

Everyone in CFL and Brevard on this forum do all their own work and dont ever swing by a shop for major stuff? Lol

RavenRob 05-03-2013 06:15 AM

I think most people do it themselves around here or have a friend that does it for them.

derfC 05-14-2013 08:53 AM

I finally found a mechanic that I trusted a few years ago; lived just down the street from us and my wife was their daughters 2nd grade teacher... figured if they trusted us with their kid, I could trust 'em with my wife's car :p.
They moved to Texas last year! :banghead:

My brother has been going to Dick's Auto on Washburn Rd in Melbourne for decades. They've always treated him right and seem to do good work.

The In-laws use Buz's Auto on Wickham/ Aurora. Though I have no experience, they seem happy with his shop.

Also, my Niece's husband works at the Honda dealer in PB. I have no idea if he's any good or is familiar w/ Jeeps, though. I need to call him, actually; the wife's CR-V has started to misbehave (blinking 'idiot lights').

petercass88 05-19-2013 01:28 AM

Thank you for the info derfC! I ended up taking it up to Jeepers Den. Oil leak was a quick fix (oil sending unit) that I did in the driveway but my D60 front axle started leaking gear oil so they are replacing seals for me and taking a peek at the whole thing. So far I have been impressed with their Jeep knowledge and service. Only problem is they are up off highway 50 in orlando so if I ever really screw up something I cant fix on my own... that would be a costly tow.