Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   1986 Pontiac Fiero Problem. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/1986-pontiac-fiero-problem-236833.html)

BT 04-21-2013 07:42 PM

1986 Pontiac Fiero Problem.
 
Ok I've got an 86 Fiero as my dd. it's a 4 banger with a 5 speed. After it rains the car spits and sputters and shakes violently. It eventually smooths out after about 10 minutes. I've changed plugs and the cap and rotor. The wires look fine. Any ideas? I would like to fix this because I enjoy driving the car and this is killing my gas mileage.

O_M_Jeep 04-21-2013 07:47 PM

I have a 2.8L fiero engine (in an 86) if your interested.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...h/64165233.jpg

BT 04-21-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 3665468)
I have a 2.8L fiero engine (in an 86) if your interested.

If I had the $ I would be but I don't as of now... However for the hell of it, how much?

commodore_dude 04-21-2013 09:41 PM

You'd probably do better asking about this over at fiero.nl...

O_M_Jeep 04-21-2013 10:03 PM

fiero.nl and v8archie are hard to get answers unless your already a hard-core fiero enthusiast (this has been my own very very limited experience).

$500 for the 2.8L, and it purrs perfectly, the body on mine is rough and the trans is out, I just haven't had a chance to source a replacement, they are hard to find within 300 miles of here.

BT 04-21-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commodore_dude (Post 3666022)
You'd probably do better asking about this over at fiero.nl...

I tried registering but I can't with a gmail or anything like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 3666106)
fiero.nl and v8archie are hard to get answers unless your already a hard-core fiero enthusiast (this has been my own very very limited experience).

$500 for the 2.8L, and it purrs perfectly, the body on mine is rough and the trans is out, I just haven't had a chance to source a replacement, they are hard to find within 300 miles of here.

If I can scrape up the cash I'll get ahold of you. Not sure how I'll get it in the Fiero but by God I'll figure something out. Lol

commodore_dude 04-22-2013 01:20 PM

I've had good luck there on most of my questions... I just wound up with such a basket case there have been a lot of them :(. You don't have an email address for your ISP, school, etc?

sevenservices 04-22-2013 01:28 PM

did it sit at all? even for a month? if so, you'll want to run some drygas through it. Its a liquid that obsorbs water in fuel.

BT 04-22-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commodore_dude (Post 3668553)
I've had good luck there on most of my questions... I just wound up with such a basket case there have been a lot of them :(. You don't have an email address for your ISP, school, etc?

I never thought about my school email address.. I'll give that a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenservices (Post 3668581)
did it sit at all? even for a month? if so, you'll want to run some drygas through it. Its a liquid that obsorbs water in fuel.

At most it sits surfing the weekend while I'm playin in the jeep.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.