Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   New mopar stage 3 lift kit (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/new-mopar-stage-3-lift-kit-236883.html)

arkjeeper 04-21-2013 11:37 PM

New mopar stage 3 lift kit

Just received our new stage 3-3 inch lift kit from Mopar and plan on getting it installed along with new wheels and 35 inch tires on Tues and Wed this week. This is our first jeep and cant wait to get started fixing it the way we want. Has anybody out there done this lift from Mopar?

Pitdroid 04-27-2013 09:39 AM

I am picking up my JKU in a couple weeks and was interested in the MOPAR 3"lift. How is it? Any pics?

arkjeeper 04-27-2013 09:51 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Love it so far-got it done yesterday and have only driven it 30 miles or so.

Pitdroid 04-28-2013 05:59 AM

That looks sharp! Nice height, everything fits together well. Thanks for the pictures. That definitely helps me out. What size tire/rim are you running? Looks like 18" rim maybe?

arkjeeper 04-28-2013 09:09 PM

They are 17's with 35x12.50 goodyears

ratchettt 04-29-2013 12:49 PM

The sponsoring dealer at Tennessee Mountains Jeep Jamboree USA this past weekend had this lift on a JKU. It made my mouth water. They had 35 Duratracs and fox shocks. Uncertain about the new springs. Cannot remember the wheels, but they said the wheel centers could have the Jeep logo OR the standard yellow cap. Someone might ID the wheels from this.

Anyway, they did not have to space the wheels or change drive shafts. Does this seem right in your case? Basically all the rest of the suspension was replaced. They wanted $7800 for the complete install including tires wheels everything. Is this an okay price.

One thing for certain, they were behind me a lot and that beast rode up and over everything in its path.

arkjeeper 04-29-2013 09:12 PM

I didn't have to have spacers or driveshafts- the kit came with new arms, fox shocks, springs, hydraulic bump stops, limiting straps, etc etc. I love this kit so far and don't think I could've done any better. Everything I got cost me $6500 but I did some sweet talking and the dealership really wanted to see a final product. This included the lift, wheels, tires, alignment, install, badass rear tire relocator etc.-This was 5 wheels and tires by the way. The tires were the Goodyear with Kevlar and they are awesome so far. I am planning to get some better close ups in a few days.

ratchettt 04-30-2013 07:44 AM

Great. You refer to a spare tire relocator. Did they install a beefier carrier? The install I saw used the stock factory carrier. The $7800 was 5 tires/rims but no modified carrier. I think you got a good deal. My dealer has done 8 installs so far, so I won't have the leverage you had. If I proceed I'll offer your number.

What brand and model rims are yours? Nice. How is visibility in rear view mirror over the spare?

arkjeeper 04-30-2013 06:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The view is a little worse but I really don't care. Here arer some close up pictures. The wheels are HD Hoss.

ratchettt 05-22-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkjeeper (Post 3698635)
I didn't have to have spacers or driveshafts-

Was your installer firm that you did not need these to make the set-up sweet? I think this is a huge selling point if no further expensive parts are needed.

jcrawler93 05-22-2013 02:32 PM

Nice lift, how did you end up getting it ?