Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Blacked out my hood today (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/blacked-out-my-hood-today-237111.html)

khall7 04-22-2013 10:01 PM

Blacked out my hood today
 
2 Attachment(s)
With a decal I ordered off ebay. I love it! Ive got new blacked out front turn signals on the way to replace the ones with cracking too

hagler123 04-22-2013 10:04 PM

How difficult was it to apply such a large decal??

Huelsmma 04-22-2013 10:05 PM

Nice!!! Having a hard time on my phone...is that silver or a white TJ? Im hoping to do that to my silver along with the grill. Where did you get yours from (what seller?)

khall7 04-22-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagler123 (Post 3670595)
How difficult was it to apply such a large decal??

Honestly it wasn't that hard, I watched a five minute instructional video on how to do it then did it myself

khall7 04-22-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huelsmma (Post 3670599)
Nice!!! Having a hard time on my phone...is that silver or a white TJ? Im hoping to do that to my silver along with the grill. Where did you get yours from (what seller?)

It's silver, Ive thought about doing it to my grill too but havent decided, I got it from a guy through craigslist

Huelsmma 04-22-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khall7 (Post 3670668)

It's silver, Ive thought about doing it to my grill too but havent decided, I got it from a guy through craigslist

I thought you mentioned ebay lol

khall7 04-23-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huelsmma (Post 3670701)
I thought you mentioned ebay lol

Oh for some reason I thought you meant my jeep.....
Jeep Blackout Hood Decal Matte Black Out w Install Kit Fits Wrangler TJ 97 06 | eBay

this is the link of where i got it

OhSixTJ 04-23-2013 12:25 PM

Looks freakin nice

frisbeeguru 04-23-2013 02:45 PM

Looks great! I've been thinking about blacking out my grill too, probably going to use bed liner to do it though.

RevCo666 04-23-2013 02:49 PM

My question would be how would it hold up to harsh weather temp changes? I live up north and we get very cold weather during winters. Summer + engine heat is another question of course... Anyone used one thru all the elements? Just curious...

khall7 04-23-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3673398)
My question would be how would it hold up to harsh weather temp changes? I live up north and we get very cold weather during winters. Summer + engine heat is another question of course... Anyone used one thru all the elements? Just curious...

I live in sc so by the end of the summer I could tell you how it holds up in 100+ weather, but I would assume it'd be fine like any other decal

jeepndon 04-23-2013 05:57 PM

What video you watch?

Neil F. 04-23-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepndon (Post 3674036)
What video you watch?

I have the same one. There should be a link on the ebay site and or alpha graphics has a web site.

Marcwakefield22 04-23-2013 07:04 PM

So I had an idea.. I wanna do this to my jeep but have "jeep" showing through the black. I was thinking what if I got like the 4" jeep stickers, plasti dipped over them and then peeled them off after it dries. Do y'all think that would work?

Neil F. 04-23-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 (Post 3674296)
So I had an idea.. I wanna do this to my jeep but have "jeep" showing through the black. I was thinking what if I got like the 4" jeep stickers, plasti dipped over them and then peeled them off after it dries. Do y'all think that would work?

Post #150 http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/plas...ml#post3622350

khall7 04-23-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepndon (Post 3674036)
What video you watch?

I watched the video link they sent with the package. There were two one on how to do it and one showing you even if it looks fu**k*d up when you get it it really isn't

khall7 04-23-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcwakefield22 (Post 3674296)
So I had an idea.. I wanna do this to my jeep but have "jeep" showing through the black. I was thinking what if I got like the 4" jeep stickers, plasti dipped over them and then peeled them off after it dries. Do y'all think that would work?

I was going to do the same thing your thinking of but I went a different way and got a black jeep emblem and put it in front of it. I was gunna put it on my grille but my grille inserts didn't give it enough room. still looks sick.

But i think your idea is sick too!

GreatTundra 04-23-2013 10:16 PM

Looks great!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.