Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   what I have learned in 3mo of jk ownership (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/what-i-have-learned-in-3mo-of-jk-ownership-237234.html)

DurbJKU 04-23-2013 01:28 PM

what I have learned in 3mo of jk ownership

1. Reaching over to the door to put the window down on other vehicles is horribly inconvenient.
2. No matter what generation Wrangler you have everyone else thinks there's is better.
3. Even guys in Corvette's stare.
4. Fj guy hates me and I don't even know him.
5. Who in the f@ck designed the cup holders? Steven Hawkins?
6. Gear ratios are more important to owners than most everything else on the jeep.
7. No the top is not power.
8. "never seen that color before" ... Ya they change often...
9. Realized I don't need to see the traffic lights, I just wait for everyone else or a horn.
10. Brings back the joy of driving.

1quick1 04-23-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DurbJKU (Post 3673080)
1. Reaching over to the door to put the window down on other vehicles is horribly inconvenient.
2. No matter what generation Wrangler you have everyone else thinks there's is better.
6. Gear ratios are more important to owners than most everything else on the jeep.
9. Realized I don't need to see the traffic lights, I just wait for everyone else or a horn.

1.) power windows baby :punk:
2.) truth but it's that "my baby" type of culture. I'm not against it and don't care what others think
3.) I came from a c5 Vette so yes, yes they do :punk:
4.) FakeJeep
5.) I like the cup holders :redface:
6.) truth. So much so I sold my 2012 w/3.21's and went Rubi. Couldn't stand the 3.21's for city driving. It was basically like starting in 2nd gear on a Rubi.
7.) Duh
8.) "Never saw that color" ...see, saw, had/have seen
9.) :popcorn:
10.) truth

FrankTheTank92 04-23-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

After 2 weeks...
1)Got in my moms trailblazer and: reached for a clutch pedal, felt like I was in a smashed car with the slanted windshield.
2)I appreciate all jeeps, everyone loves theirs, props to them.
3)I had a guy in a fancy ass Lexus give me a thumbs up. (I was shocked!) :dance:
4)^^ Agreed, fake jeep
5)I love that the cup holders squeeze the cups so they don't move and that they're lit? What don't you like about them?
6)Got lucky enough that the one I fell in love with at the dealership had the max tow 3.73 ratio
7) DUH :rofl::facepalm:
8)I really wanted Gecko, Dozer, or that cool bright blue. Ah well love my black. :thumb:
9)Looking through the roof for the change is the best :punk:
10)Yeah except me learning stick the day after I got mine :doh: Now it's a joy :thumb:

DurbJKU 04-23-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank92 (Post 3673163)

After 2 weeks...
1)Got in my moms trailblazer and: reached for a clutch pedal, felt like I was in a smashed car with the slanted windshield.
2)I appreciate all jeeps, everyone loves theirs, props to them.
3)I had a guy in a fancy ass Lexus give me a thumbs up. (I was shocked!) :dance:
4)^^ Agreed, fake jeep
5)I love that the cup holders squeeze the cups so they don't move and that they're lit? What don't you like about them?
6)Got lucky enough that the one I fell in love with at the dealership had the max tow 3.73 ratio
7) DUH :rofl::facepalm:
8)I really wanted Gecko, Dozer, or that cool bright blue. Ah well love my black. :thumb:
9)Looking through the roof for the change is the best :punk:
10)Yeah except me learning stick the day after I got mine :doh: Now it's a joy :thumb:

I'm 6'7 long arms. But I do love the tightness (ya!) And the lights.

The power window things is great. I drive with my left hand on the wheel ( years of driving a fork lift in the morning and a semi the rest of the day.

JKWrangler2012 04-23-2013 02:00 PM

After eighteen months I have learned;
10) not all jeep drivers wave back
9) cops generally like a olllllllo
8) chicks love a olllllllo
7) spiders love to live in a olllllllo
6) I have spent so much on the mod sickness, I soon may live in a olllllllo
5) I have never loved a vehicle more
4) I speak about my olllllllo way too often
3) I visit this site way to often
2) if there's anything I can do to control it, I will own a olllllllo for the rest of my life
And the number one thing I have learned
1) I certainly have an obsessive disorder

DurbJKU 04-23-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKWrangler2012 (Post 3673213)
2) if there's anything I can do to control it, I will own a olllllllo for the rest of my life

I though I was the only one with spiders! Our kk liberty had one and now I see the faint web on the windshield of my jku.

Flynn 04-23-2013 02:10 PM

First thing I learned is, driving out of the driveway and I need to clean the windshield.

Does bring back the joy of driving tho!

dawhitesJKU 04-23-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKWrangler2012 (Post 3673213)

I agree with all but #7...
i had my driver window rolled down and a freaking bird flew in. I was kicking and screaming until it found its way back to the only window that was open....MINE. It was a mess since i have roll up windows.

my number 7) BIRDS

druffbear 04-23-2013 02:19 PM

After 2 weeks I learned:

1) I suddenly want to work on my vehicle... ::mod::
2) I look forward to mud puddles
3) The ::thumb:: and ::wave:: are becoming second nature
4) The guys with the BUILT Jeeps still think my stock is cool...for now...
5) The idea of driving anywhere is now something I look forward to
6) My NEXT Jeep will be a manual
7) My NEXT Jeep will be ::BUILT::
8) I like the look of matte
9) I thought I LOVED my Ford...that was only like
10) I actually drive slower than before because I love the drive...great news for my license...

Gowhitesox99 04-23-2013 02:22 PM

WHat i have learned after roughly 26 hours of jeep ownership - i need lots and lots of mods to make it "mine" :-)

FrankTheTank92 04-23-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by druffbear (Post 3673280)
After 2 weeks I learned:

10) I actually drive slower than before because I love the drive...great news for my license...

YES! Second that! :dance:

seattlepete 04-23-2013 02:27 PM

I love my Jeep after my first 1K miles but I HATE the seat....my Jeep is sitting till I can find a seat that my lower back can deal with.

DurbJKU 04-23-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattlepete (Post 3673316)
I love my Jeep after my first 1K miles but I HATE the seat....my Jeep is sitting till I can find a seat that my lower back can deal with.

What year?

DaKineJeep 04-23-2013 02:32 PM

11. When I walk away from my Jeep I always look back to take another look at it.

legitposter 04-23-2013 02:40 PM

Awesome idea for a thread. I really laughed at some of these like "1. Reaching over to the door to put the window down on other vehicles is horribly inconvenient."

For myself, the number one change in the past few months:

- I take it VERY personally when the weather-man is wrong.

Tweak 04-23-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

I was hanging out with my buddy who works the fuel pit at the Kennedale track, we parked our JK's right next to the pit. nothing like having 6 Z06's drive up eyeballing your jeeps.

when one of them broke, they knew where to go for tools!

DurbJKU 04-23-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3673363)
Awesome idea for a thread. I really laughed at some of these like "1. Reaching over to the door to put the window down on other vehicles is horribly inconvenient."

For myself, the number one change in the past few months:

Lol. That's great.

jdyowa 04-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKineJeep (Post 3673340)
11. When I walk away from my Jeep I always look back to take another look at it.

:thumb: Right on!

jdyowa 04-23-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3673363)

You will learn to BE a weatherman. That and drive miles out of your way to avoid rain clouds.

druffbear 04-23-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKineJeep (Post 3673340)

I do the same thing....

JKWrangler2012 04-23-2013 03:38 PM

A bird?! I'd have lost my mind!!! I could have killed the spider.. Seen it last week in the center consol, but decided its not hurting me and looks like a mini taranchula :)

Also, jeep ownership is an education in auto mechanics.. Have and will continue to learn A LOT!

(ALWAYS turn around and look/smile)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxzy 04-23-2013 03:53 PM

You guys got it real bad.

Funny thing is .....so do I :)

lesgoff 04-23-2013 04:22 PM

Rain-X

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 3673247)
First thing I learned is, driving out of the driveway and I need to clean the windshield.

Does bring back the joy of driving tho!

DurbJKU 04-23-2013 04:40 PM

12. Everyone wants to drive it.
13. My jeep costs nearly as much as a luxury car.

Pingjockey 04-23-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DurbJKU (Post 3673778)
13. My jeep costs nearly as much as a luxury car.

^^^ This!

I bought my wife a Used Audi last year. She's been eyeballing the new ones pretty hard. I don't know weather to be disgusted or delighted when she points out that I have more money in my Rubi than it would cost to buy her a new Audi S5... :whistling:

JKWrangler2012 04-23-2013 05:57 PM

Damn true! I'm nearly in corvette territory at this point lol.. But, it's my dream jeep that I can drive everyday of the year :: HUGE SMILE ::

Quadtrax 04-23-2013 06:14 PM

All true and I'm glad I'm not the only one!

chrisfp88 04-23-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdyowa (Post 3673438)

You will learn to BE a weatherman. That and drive miles out of your way to avoid rain clouds.

If you are going at least 50 mph unless its rain from behind you won't get wet in the front seat of a jku! :punk: but anyone in the rear will be soaked. Oh and keep the top down in a rain storm and wear a raincoat its hilarious to see the expressions on passing driver's faces. Lol

ColoRubicon 04-23-2013 06:26 PM

Great subject!
I am wondering how long it will take for someone to point out my face lights up more when they ask about the Jeep than it does my family. Conversation usually starts out asking about the kids and myself and then the Jeep and the WHOLE tone changes, I get giddy and I always start out with I freaking LOVE my Jeep! I will talk to anyone who will listen. I also LOVE and adore all Wranglers. My friend has a 66 Willys and it was a blast to ride in while snow wheeling two weekends ago. I could look at Wranglers all day long.
Hadn't thought about spiders...hmmm could have gone all summer without thinking about this. :( I guess it will happen anyway.
I am a 43 year old woman who acts like a 17 year old boy, I always look back at my Jeep when walking away, I usually look at it if I am in a place with Windows. I have never had so much fun driving, not even in my Mustang. I cannot see me ever owning another vehicle.
As for the weather if Colorado doesn't see some warm weather soon I am going on a road trip somewhere warm!

st1264 04-23-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gowhitesox99 (Post 3673295)
WHat i have learned after roughly 26 hours of jeep ownership - i need lots and lots of mods to make it "mine" :-)

Biggest thing here ^. Mine looks like the other 5 hockey/soccer moms who have one in my neighborhood, I must change this now :eek: