The 9th Semi Annual Wrangler Forum So Cal Meet N Greet A Turdhurdler Event
It is that time again folks. We need to start planning the next Turdfest event. From the talk in Calico, it appears that Big Bear is the place to be in Summer. So, with that said, is everyone good with the ol' stomping grounds of Hanna Flats Campground? Big camp, pet friendly, and they have put up with us the last couple of years. Generally, we have been choosing the last weekend of July and it has worked well, but I have noticed a trend. Naxja and a VW bug and Thing club also hold their annual trips in Big Bear the same weekend. Do we mind the extra traffic, or do we want to go the weekend before or would everyone prefer the first weekend of August? Give me your input and don't be shy about letting me know what is best for you. I look forward to your replies.
Date of event is July 19th thru July 21st. Base camp is Hannah Flats Campground. I will reserve my site in the next day or so, so anyone wanting to attend, please also reserve soon if you plan on being around the big party that always happens after the trail runs. Hope to see everyone there.
Rules for Turdfest Events
Quick link for making reservations for Hanna Flats Campground. Campground Details - HANNA FLAT, CA - ReserveAmerica - [NRSO]
1) NO DRINKING ON THE TRAILS
2) Have recovery points front and rear
3) Have rig in good and safe mechanical repair
4) Have fire extinguisher within reach of driver and others
5) First aid kit within reach of driver and others
6) Spare tire within 2" size of tires on rig
7) CB Radio required
1) turdhurdler Camping Site # 73 arriving Friday early afternoon
2) Dougzin Camping Site # 83
4) Rrampley Camping Site # 70
5) yomondo Camping Site # 74 arriving Friday morning
6) Slo Mo
7) spyder98 Camping Site # 88
8) TeamHiRev Camping Site # 88
9) suicideking Camping Site # 72 arriving Friday before noon
10) BillG.OTD Camping Site # 62
11) Fred1 Camping Site # 75 arriving Friday morning
12) Kota7x Camping Site # 75 arriving Friday morning
13) Bsc Camping Site # 82
14) JoeBot13 day trip
15) Lab Lover Camping Site # 78 arriving Thursday
16) MNTNGOAT Camping don't know where yet
18) Gunner Bay Meadows Resort
20) Jerry Bransford Camping Site # 81
23) Cons_Table Camping Site # 77
24) Dusty Dave Bay Meadows Resort
25) JPi1 Camping Site # 71
26) OrangeJKjim Camping Site # 67
28) yeeper5150 Camping First come first serve
30) LHC30 Camping Site # 85
31) JeepHerz Camping Site # 65
32) solvang100 Camping Site # 61 arriving Thursday
33) 87octane Camping Site # 64 arriving Friday early afternoon
34) phgnuyen Camping Site # 79
35) Jr777 Camping Site # 87
36) Finn Sizzle
38) rkwfxd Camping Site # 60
39) simidan Camping Site # 84 arriving Friday before 8
42) toad/jlopes68 Camping Site # 59
43) CALRJ98TJ Camping First come first serve
45) Kaisertod Camping don't know where yet
47) JDBull (Jeremy) Camping Site # 76
48) kathytj Camping Site # 86
49) proride day trip
51) Moabrubi day trip
52) Slow Thrills Camping # 76
53) Gonzo Friend
Trail 1 Moderate - Gold Mountain - If time and interest permits, we can run GM the opposite way or hit Jacoby Canyon afterward. JC is a nice casual trail that is more scenic than difficult, but still fun.
Meet at the Hanna Flats campground upper parking area at 9:30.
I would like to leave the campsite no later than 10:00 am. If everyone is ready by 9:30, then that is even better.
1) turdhurdler - Leader/mid/tail
2) JoeBot13 - Mid/Tail/Lead
3) yomondo - Lead/Tail/Mid
4) Slo Mo
12) Finn Sizzle
Trail 2 Difficult - John Bull & Holcomb Creek
At least 33's and one locker. We would also like to leave camp at 9:00AM.
THIS RUN IS FULL
1) Fred1 Lead/Mid/Tail
2) Dakota Lead/Mid/Tail
5) "The Twins"
6) Lab Lover
10) JDBull (Jeremy)
12) Slow Thrills
13) Gonzo Friend
Trail 3 Difficult - Dishpan & Holcomb Creek - If all goes well on trail #3 run, we have a bonus trail planned for those who just can not get enough. Leaving Camp at 8:30
Maximum Run Size: 15 - THIS RUN IS FULL
1) BillG.OTD Lead/Mid/Tail
2) Dan (DTM) Lead/Mid/Tail
4) Dougzin's dad
9) Jerry Bransford
Saturday Potluck Dinner
1) Jenn/Jeepherz- meat on a stick. Grill, small tables.
2) Lab Lover- Linguica/sausage, tables, monster coffee pot
3) turdhurdler- pasta, garlic bread, table, Starbucks coffee
4) yomondo- sauce, Camp Kitchen, Libation Station
6) Cons_Table- paper plates, utensils, beverage
7) Finn Sizzle- snacks/chips/soda, etc
8) suicideking- chips/cookies
9) Kota7x- dessert
10) yeeper5150- raspberry chipotle pork tenderloins/chicken breast
11) Jerry Bransford- some kind of dessert
12) solvang100- fruit desert/table
13) BillG.OTD- "a dish"
14) JPi1- Vienna sausages
15) toad/jlopes68- yams
16) rkwfxd- chicken taquitos, guacamole sauce
17) Kaisertod- "something edible and fun"
18) CY99TJ- corn-on-stick station
19) 87octane- coleslaw
20) Dougzin- brownies
21) Bsc- ?
22) Rrampley- potato dish
23) OrangeJKjim- ?
24) kathytj- cassarole
25) phnguyen7- spam musubi
Crap, double post, can a mod delete this one please?
Don't care the date. Will be there can't wait!!!!! :)
Hey Jeff, if you want this whole thread deleted, since it's a duplicate of the first thread you posted, I would click the "Report Post" button which will go to all the admins and mods, and ask them to delete this thread.
August would probably be better for me. I'd really like to be able to do some of the more challenging stuff this time around, and running in August should give me the time needed to get my lift going as well as lockers. But this is just me being selfish :P
Not the first weekend of August! Lol going to Vegas with my oldest son for my daughter in laws 25th birthday. Just booked my rooms :(
I wouldnt want to miss another one of these, ill be in the sierras june 28th to july 23rd, not sure what life will be like when im back. If I can make it Ill be there!
What other thread
Count me in. Just let me know if I have to make resorvation in another camp. I dont think that hanna will hold a 37 foot motorhome.
Count my brother TeamHiRev and Me in for this. any date is fine
I was just checking the reservation site and for the dates
July 19th a few spots have been taken.
July 27th a lot of spots have already been taken.
August 2nd only a few spots have been taken.
I'm in. Hanna Flats is good with me.
Don't care when, but prefer a weekend that is not very busy if possible.
Sounds good ....the first part of August is probably the best for the WOKNROX family ...
But honestly anytime after the weekend of the 21st of July works for us...
If we go to Jeep Jamboree at the Rubicon it would be Aug 8th weekend...if not we would still be taking a week off around that time for a MH trip up to the area, but that would be flexible !
So far it sounds like your going to have lots of dates to plan around...or you can do the old dart on the calendar trick... :D
[QUOTE=BillG.OTD;3677907]If we go to Jeep Jamboree at the Rubicon it would be Aug 8th weekend...
Hey Bill...r u going to do the all inclusive run?....that's really not a bad deal...with the meals and experienced trail guides and what-not...
Good times right there..:thumb:
We will do the Jamboree for sure, just not sure if it will be this year or next. We might just take the MH up to Tahoe area in July and poke our head in both sides of the trail for now....:)
X2 for the dart on the calendar
Me :wavey:, Me:wavey:, Me:wavey: I wanna go to Big Bear!!!
Count me in anytime in July or August is fine
I should be in for this depending on the dates ... July would be better than August for us
Sure we don't want to have a west coast jeep beach on pismo for the m&g?!? Those Florida guys seem to be having a blast right now...
I know that u guys have had the M&G in BB before and most everyone has spent time wheeling BB...I was wondering if 3N03a (Horse Thief flats ..Black Dimond trail) is or will be on the list of trails...its an awesome run and often overlooked ...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.