Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Still cant decide..... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/still-cant-decide-237572.html)

Blsport7 04-24-2013 08:10 PM

Still cant decide.....

I still can't decide whether to buy the rampage frameless or the quadratop replacement. So I need some help deciding haha... I currently have a factory soft top that is desperate need of replacing. What do you guys like better?

Blsport7 04-24-2013 11:03 PM

Bump

OhSixTJ 04-24-2013 11:06 PM

I don't have either one, but the rampage looks like it sags on top at the rear.

Scout0718 04-25-2013 10:02 AM

I just bought the Rampage, for a few reasons.

*I got the sailcloth shipped to my door for $344, that fit it the budget nice considering I just had a new clutch put it.

*I have a hardtop, and never had a full soft top before. However I do have a header, OEM door surrounds, and tailgate bar from my very worn out bikini/tonneau/wind jammer. So I had all the parts already needed for the Rampage Frameless.

You will find good and bad reviews on both tops. As far as the Rampage sagging, other forum users have posted photos on how to correctly install the straps to correct the sagging. There is also a helpful YouTube video Rampage made on how to install. I do not know much about the Quadratop, if you like folding your top all the way back you might want to go with it. The Rampage top requires you to take the whole thing off to go topless.

oruacat2 04-25-2013 06:03 PM

The Bestop TrekTop NX is pretty sweet. I liked it a lot - especially after I got ahold of an OEM tailgate bar, which made things infinitely easier. For some reason Bestop's after-market tailgate bar just sucks.

kheiland 04-25-2013 06:14 PM

Bang for the buck..Rampage

Blsport7 04-25-2013 06:20 PM

So if I have a factory top now.. Do I need to buy any new hardware for the rampage, like tailgate bar, header, door surrounds etc...

Scout0718 04-26-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blsport7 (Post 3682615)
So if I have a factory top now.. Do I need to buy any new hardware for the rampage, like tailgate bar, header, door surrounds etc...

You can use the same door surrounds & tailgate bar, but I do not think you can use the same header.

Drk5ide 04-26-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout0718 (Post 3685529)
You can use the same door surrounds & tailgate bar, but I do not think you can use the same header.

I just installed the rampage this week I love it and I even had a stitching problem that I'm working with rampage to get repaired but the top still fit nicely.
The only thing I bought new was a header my old one was a clip in and I wanted to buy a bolt on header it was 32 dollars on amazon I used my old tail gate clip.
I wrote a review on it Thursday with picks so look for that one I will bump it for you.

1rbotma 04-26-2013 11:14 AM

I bought my bestop supertop and its awesome! I've never done much research on rampage stuff but bestop has a good reputation from what ive heard.

I like the frame of the supertop

DBoat 04-26-2013 01:03 PM

I didnt care about the sunroof action on the softtop. So I went cheap and got the Rampage.. am impressed with it so far. Would do it again