Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Washington Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/)
-   -   Doorless? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/doorless-237693.html)

liquidsoapdish 04-25-2013 11:50 AM

Doorless?

So, is it legal to drive w/o doors in WA? Looked online a little to no avail... (I know the no mirror part is illegal) got pulled over yesterday for no mudflaps or front plate, didn't occur to me to see about the doors until I got to work. Livin' on the edge :dance:

Tyler237 04-25-2013 09:44 PM

It all depends where you live because there are tons of jeeps around here that drive odorless and no mirrors , I mean honestly just take em off and drive it doorless. If you get stopped just say that you didn't know and you will go and put them back on

Tyler237 04-25-2013 09:45 PM

Oh and is your jeep lifted?

nwbronco 04-25-2013 10:18 PM

Doorless is not an issue. Not having an outside mirror is a show stopper.

Bob K.

liquidsoapdish 04-25-2013 10:21 PM

Yah, has 2.5 lift, already lookin' into getting a temp mirror that goes in the door bracket

Tyler237 04-26-2013 01:45 AM

Haha then so that, only way you'll find out is drive around doorless

nwbronco 04-26-2013 09:46 AM

Get it done. The rain is coming back Saturday evening.

Bob K.

liquidsoapdish 04-26-2013 03:48 PM

Ayup. Thinkin' when I'm in the "big city" of the Oly area I'll play it safe w/halfies. And I know, right? Freakin' gorgeous all week, then come the weekend it has to get crappy again. Oh well, WA. :punk:

MGHDTi 04-26-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidsoapdish (Post 3681311)
So, is it legal to drive w/o doors in WA? Looked online a little to no avail... (I know the no mirror part is illegal) got pulled over yesterday for no mudflaps or front plate, didn't occur to me to see about the doors until I got to work. Livin' on the edge :dance:

I live in North Seattle and work in Pioneer square, and I frequent the Redmond area as well. I had my doors off for a couple of days a few weeks ago, drove past cops left and right all over the city and never had any issues. As long as you have relocation brackets, you're golden.

banks316 04-27-2013 11:58 AM

It is legal as long as your vehicle is designed to have doors removed. So all those XJ's you see running around with out doors on yea thats not legal. Also as for the mirrors you can use the relocation brackets but its more of a personal choice. How ever a rear view mirror is required. This is what I have been told but its up too the cops if they feel you volited anything. Once my YJ back driveable Ill be back to no doors, mirrors, fender flares. Cops dont hassle you down here in hickville

NorthwestTJ 04-27-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banks316 (Post 3689204)
It is legal as long as your vehicle is designed to have doors removed. So all those XJ's you see running around with out doors on yea thats not legal. Also as for the mirrors you can use the relocation brackets but its more of a personal choice. How ever a rear view mirror is required. This is what I have been told but its up too the cops if they feel you volited anything. Once my YJ back driveable Ill be back to no doors, mirrors, fender flares. Cops dont hassle you down here in hickville

Not sure Im right, but I believe a rear view mirror plus one other side mirror is required. But going doorless is no problem, at least around Bellevue (which has some really up tight police). I even went to get coffee once last summer with the doors off and a cop was sitting out front and he thought it was cool and was asking me questions about my jeep.

liquidsoapdish 04-29-2013 12:31 PM

Thanks guys! Viva el summer!