Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Damn you all (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/damn-you-all-237843.html)

GCDMD 04-25-2013 10:41 PM

Damn you all

When I went to go buy my first Jeep, I ended up deciding on getting the Rubicon model, which was a struggle to convince the wife why this was necessary. Imagine this conversation, "If I get the rubicon, why would I ever want or need to go bigger than the stock 32s?!?!?!? Trust me sweety, we will actually SAVE money by buying the Rubicon."

13K miles later and now I'm debating Rock Krawler 2.5 MAX or AEV 2.5 to fit some 35 KM2s. Damn. You. All. Now how in the hell am I going to have any credibility left in the house? :facepalm: All of your pictures of sexy 35s and flexing on seemingly monstrous boulders.

Dusthol 04-25-2013 10:54 PM

U r welcome.

Rodger L 04-25-2013 11:02 PM

:rofl:Mine calls it the 'black hole' and just shakes her head

mckey73 04-25-2013 11:02 PM

Your sig.

She has her own ride, why are the so concerned about what we do to our Jeeps? I'm just doing it, consequences be damned.

MTH 04-25-2013 11:02 PM

:rofl:

Dragonscape 04-25-2013 11:16 PM

Best to buy her one and let her "MOD" first

Riccochet 04-26-2013 05:04 AM

Easy solution for me. I married a woman that LOVES Jeep's, wanted the Rubicon and insisted on a lift and 35's. :)

Sgt.slaughter 04-26-2013 06:18 AM

It never ends. Tires are like boob jobs you'll always want bigger.

I have the opposite problem since my hubby got his jeep. He begs me now to do what I want something he never understood before getting his. Now we compete over who's is better.

jp2611 04-26-2013 06:28 AM

Now you see why the Sport makes more sense......" Every one else has lockers, I can do what it does if I have bigger tires, I can upgrade the axle to a Dana 60 and be better than a Rubi, I need to regear to run the 60 axles and 41"s, need a Turbo or Supercharger to get enough power for the Dana 60 and 41's, need new drive shafts for the more power and bigger tires and wheels"....understand this is how it CAN go if you plan ahead when you buy your Jeep...If you buy your Jeep already built (Rubi) yeah it is much harder to convince your spouse you need anything..when you sold them on it is already "built" but if you go "cheap" you have room to upgrade and keep saying it is cheaper/ or better this way and our payments are lower!!! :D

Good Luck!!

ESP 04-26-2013 06:42 AM

:popcorn:

Off Pavement 04-26-2013 08:39 AM

Be sure to take her along on the next back country excursion... she may see the big Jeeps and get envious... mine does!

Gbobva 04-26-2013 09:12 AM

and so it begins... remember this day when you are making the decision between some mod and food for the week... it WILL happen.

bflank 04-26-2013 09:43 AM

Practice saying this:

"Damn it woman, I will do whatever the hell I want to my Jeep and you will damn well like it!!"

Also practice sleeping on the couch, but hey you do have to make a stand.

Alternately bide your time till those 32" tires need to be replaced, then sneak in the new shoes and lift. "Hey, since I was already replacing the tires I figgered....."

alang_z33 04-26-2013 09:53 AM

bflank has it nailed. Its painful at first, but after 20 years of modding cars, bikes and whatever else I can get my hands on, the wife just smiles and says "At least its not gambling, booze or women".

Greg__Berger 04-26-2013 10:18 AM

I did the same thing! Convinced my wife that if we spent the money on the Rubicon, we wouldn't need to do anything right away. Do I need to? No. Do I want to? Hell yes.

enjerhoo 04-26-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCDMD (Post 3684049)
When I went to go buy my first Jeep, I ended up deciding on getting the Rubicon model, which was a struggle to convince the wife why this was necessary. Imagine this conversation, "If I get the rubicon, why would I ever want or need to go bigger than the stock 32s?!?!?!? Trust me sweety, we will actually SAVE money by buying the Rubicon."

13K miles later and now I'm debating Rock Krawler 2.5 MAX or AEV 2.5 to fit some 35 KM2s. Damn. You. All. Now how in the hell am I going to have any credibility left in the house? :facepalm: All of your pictures of sexy 35s and flexing on seemingly monstrous boulders.

I use the saving money argument for almost every mod I buy because "they are on sale so buying now saves money in the future." :angel:

Since my wife's an accountant, I use a "Present Value" type justification :rolleyes: & point out that there is a low rate of inflation right now according to the FED.:p

Besides, my credibility went out the window with those two words years and years ago. :hide:

MichaelEdwardsDO 04-26-2013 10:42 AM

What works for me is to start leaving really expensive mods up on the home computer and talk about the benefits of super high end stuff. Then a few days later I suggest a compromise on the things that I really want.

clvnmcd 04-26-2013 10:59 AM

At least after you lift it and put some 35's on. You can do the same thing to some other new unsuspecting Rubicon buyer.

I speak from experience.
;)

Proxy404 04-26-2013 11:14 AM

All you really have to do is flip-flop your mods. Let me explain.

First you buy the Jeep.

Then you buy her a nice necklace.

Then you buy your lift.

Then you buy her a nice dress.

Then you buy your tires.

Then you buy her some nice ear rings.

... You get the idea. This will ensure that both of your girls (Jeep and wife) remain happy.

nectoxicdragon 04-26-2013 11:26 AM

tires wear out... bigger tires go round and round less times in a mile than small tires yha right is she gullable enough to believe that? do what I did... took her wheelin and let her bury it... "Damn woman! look at what you did! KEEERIST! we are gonna need to step up the tire size! I don't believe you did that!

GCDMD 04-26-2013 12:45 PM

There are some brilliant ideas in this thread....This should be the official doghouse thread. I wonder if I should buy a new couch before the lift and tires, at least my back will thank me for it. :rofl::rofl:

You guys are awesome but damn am I going to get myself in trouble if I hang around this forum too much more. :hide:
I love the idea of doing alternating gifts and Jeep parts!!!!!!

GCDMD 04-26-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nectoxicdragon (Post 3685844)
tires wear out... bigger tires go round and round less times in a mile than small tires yha right is she gullable enough to believe that? do what I did... took her wheelin and let her bury it... "Damn woman! look at what you did! KEEERIST! we are gonna need to step up the tire size! I don't believe you did that!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bflank 04-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCDMD (Post 3686168)
You guys are awesome but damn am I going to get myself in trouble if I hang around this forum too much more.

I feel my existence is justified if I can be a truly bad influence!!

Duke-TJ 04-26-2013 02:02 PM

Like they say: Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. (Well, not in My house...)

Silverton34 04-26-2013 02:09 PM

Buy a boat, it will make the whole Jeep thing look like peanuts. I unfortunately speak from experience.

Dusthol 04-26-2013 05:55 PM

I sure am glad I don't have a problem with this. Sometimes single is a blessing.

JPi4.0 04-26-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke-TJ (Post 3686435)
Like they say: Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. (Well, not in My house...)

this. if they say no first you are screwed.

danrb 04-26-2013 07:38 PM

It's a form of wack-a-mole... You do one mod and then you need another. It never ends and if it did I'm afraid I'd sell my Jeep and start over. :banghead: I got LED lights, didn't like the flicker so I got an sPod. Didn't like the buttons, so I got OTRATTW buttons. I only got two of the six sPods filled now I need more lights. My diff case is leaking so I got a new cover, I just noticed the muffler is big and ugly, so I need something that is less than an eye sore. I get a bumper, opps nothing to hang my license plate on, need a winch for my license plate. It never ends... I hate my Jeep... No I love my Jeep...

WatchThis! 04-26-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverton34 (Post 3686465)
Buy a boat, it will make the whole Jeep thing look like peanuts. I unfortunately speak from experience.

I'm not so sure about that. Personally I would never sink the kind of money into a boat that I have my jeep.

rics1997 04-26-2013 08:02 PM

I thought about calling my Jeep "Boat"