Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   sunvisor is useless (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/sunvisor-is-useless-237862.html)

ohiok5 04-26-2013 02:55 AM

sunvisor is useless

are all model wrangler sunvisors as useless as my o4 tj? it may be the distance from it to the seats or maybe its up higher than my other cars, but it serves no use to me in bright sunlight.

dmblair 04-26-2013 05:56 AM

Man those things are useless. Also, am I the only one who's warning stickers attached to them are upside down???? When the visor is pulled down they read upside down. What's up with that?

jp2611 04-26-2013 06:11 AM

Mine in my '04 works for the little I need it....if it is nice enough for the sun to be an issue...Top is OFF and I am wearing sunglasses....IDK why but it SEEMS to me that with top open/ off sun in windshield is not as bad....maybe eyes are more "adjusted" since it is bright inside the Jeep.....

TJDave 04-26-2013 08:09 AM

Probably due to DC lowering the seat position on the newer 03+ TJ's and doing nothing to the sun visors.

Just a guess. They still do a great job of being in the way when I want to swap tops!

nectoxicdragon 04-26-2013 08:18 AM

Don't have any issue with mine in the 06 tj with factory high backs, but I'm 6'7"... I also have to recline the seat slightly and have it all the way back for sufficient arm and leg room.

Fireaxe 04-26-2013 09:30 AM

my 00 tj didn't have them...didn't notice really.....wear shades when driving a lot.
05 lj has them.....sure they work, but can't say I'd go out of my way to buy them now that I've seen both ways.
but I guess glad I have them.

JeepandMud 04-26-2013 03:36 PM

My '00 has them and I agree, completely useless. Ok so I'm short and they do nothing for me. Pop, new weekend project lol. Luckily I have transition glasses so I get my sunglasses anyways :thumb:

ohiok5 04-27-2013 03:19 AM

good so its not just me lol

Rubicondon53 04-27-2013 04:53 AM

I'm not too sure what you are talking about, I rarely lower mine all the way down cause I have to hunch down to see beneath it/them. My wife is 5'6" and her side works great for her as well. Maybe you are expecting way too much out of them, as all they are designed to do is block the direct sunlight. You should be wearing quality sunglasses while driving, I've been wearing ray-bans for over 30 years, so maybe I don't notice that the visors are actually doing what they are designed to do.. On second thought, are you one of those stupid ghetto drivers that sit real low and lean back as far as possible? If so you shouldn't be driving anything but a go-cart in your mommies back yard. ( pardon my sarcasm )

jp2611 04-27-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicondon53 (Post 3688606)
I'm not too sure what you are talking about, I rarely lower mine all the way down cause I have to hunch down to see beneath it/them. My wife is 5'6" and her side works great for her as well. Maybe you are expecting way too much out of them, as all they are designed to do is block the direct sunlight. You should be wearing quality sunglasses while driving, I've been wearing ray-bans for over 30 years, so maybe I don't notice that the visors are actually doing what they are designed to do.. On second thought, are you one of those stupid ghetto drivers that sit real low and lean back as far as possible? If so you shouldn't be driving anything but a go-cart in your mommies back yard. ( pardon my sarcasm )

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb::rolleyes:

T2000J 04-27-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmblair (Post 3684866)
Man those things are useless. Also, am I the only one who's warning stickers attached to them are upside down???? When the visor is pulled down they read upside down. What's up with that?

The po flipped them so when they are up you don't see The Warning stickers

chevymad 04-27-2013 11:23 AM

Noticed this myself. Definately think its because of how far back you sit from the windsheild. Doesn't bother me much with the sun straight on, but they're even more useless when trying to block sun coming in the side. Just too short to do any good.

lindel 04-27-2013 03:19 PM

I use them as a place to store registration and insurance cards, and a place to put the garage remote. Other than that, they've never moved.

RonnieD 04-28-2013 09:25 PM

Get the top of your windshield tinted. Cost about $35.

Abnormal-JK 05-03-2013 07:22 PM

Just removed mine... Soooo much better view! Seems like a new rude from the inside!!! Never ever used them anyway!