Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   Set Them Free Off-Road 2013 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/set-them-free-off-road-2013-a-237945.html)

G-Rocc 04-26-2013 02:58 PM

Set Them Free Off-Road 2013

Registration for Set Them Free Off-Road 2013 is now OPEN! Proceeds for this event go to the rescue and rehabilitation of victims of human trafficking.

We will be holding this event in Buena Vista, Colorado and running some of the best trails Colorado has to offer. Trails will accommodate all skill levels.

The first 5 people from this forum to register and reply to this thread will receive a free T-Shirt and Set Them Free sticker.

Visit Set Them Free | OFF ROAD for more information and to register.

Can't wait to see you all there.

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/...OAD_130412.jpg

Feel fee to PM me personally if you have any questions. We really want all of you there and if coming up with the money is an issue for you let me know in a PM and we will make sure that you can participate in this event.

Set Them Free | OFF ROAD

LadyTJ 04-26-2013 05:23 PM

We are in :) :)

Great cause! Going to be fun fun fun!!!

Thank you and Betsey for bringing awareness to this issue

jasongind 04-26-2013 08:49 PM

This sounds like a great event for a great cause. I'll have to wait and find out what my schedule is for July before I register. Hopefully I can make this, I've been wanting to hit all these trails, except Carnage since I'm not built for that one lol.

Mountain-Girl 04-26-2013 11:08 PM

I'm in.

mo1416 04-26-2013 11:57 PM

I'm a definite maybe depending on when my wife wants to road trip and see my daughter perform for th Blueknights marching band. which she'll be traveling the country again in the summer. So if im home im in if not then im out and roadtripping it
Mike.

GSPup 04-27-2013 05:37 PM

Bump for a great cause.

I'm in.

JeepandMud 04-27-2013 07:51 PM

If I had my Jeep, I'd be in definitely :D. Is there anyway I can donate without being on the trails?

G-Rocc 04-27-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepandMud (Post 3690446)
If I had my Jeep, I'd be in definitely :D. Is there anyway I can donate without being on the trails?

Absolutely. We will make sure any funds get to helping out those girls. Thank you for your support. PM me if you are interested and I will get you details.

B4Real 04-28-2013 12:55 AM

We registered a couple of weeks ago; we will be running iron chest and grizzle lake (something new)... happy to support the cause; looking forward to the event.

Colo-TJ 04-28-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4Real (Post 3691414)
We registered a couple of weeks ago; we will be running iron chest and grizzle lake (something new)... happy to support the cause; looking forward to the event.

Probably join ya.

G-Rocc 04-28-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4Real (Post 3691414)

B4real, I haven't forgot about your sticker order. You will get one as soon as they come in.

vince.parker25 04-30-2013 11:41 PM

We are currently building our jeep up a bit but are unaware if we can make it yet. Is there a due date to register? (We are totally new to the forum by the way) this would be a great event to run to try the new stuff out and for a great cause!

G-Rocc 05-01-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vince.parker25 (Post 3704254)
We are currently building our jeep up a bit but are unaware if we can make it yet. Is there a due date to register? (We are totally new to the forum by the way) this would be a great event to run to try the new stuff out and for a great cause!

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of really good people here and glad you could join us. We will keep registration open until the week of the event. So it sounds like you and oldguy are in the same boat with deadlines to finish your Jeeps! Good luck on getting it all done.

G-Rocc 05-04-2013 09:14 AM

We are very happy to announce that the Arrowhead Campgrounds inBV is partnering with us and giving all participants to Set Them Free Off Road 15% off all tent and RV camping. Please call 719-395-2323 to book now and mention you are with Set Them Free Off Road for your discount.

Link to their website can also be found on www.stfoffroad.org

G-Rocc 05-06-2013 08:08 PM

Another thanks to our new sponsor Middle Fish. These guys are doing great things with hand made lures. Make sure you check out there site and the wall o fish to see some of the monsters that grab onto their lures. They will be at Set Them Free Off Road telling some good fish stories in their booth.

www.middlefishlures.com

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/...63B8C7FACF.jpg

www.stfoffroad.org

chuckr 05-06-2013 09:51 PM

We're in!

B4Real 05-10-2013 09:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wishing the "Set Them Free" organization Blessings & Success!

G-Rocc 05-11-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4Real (Post 3743169)
Wishing the "Set Them Free" organization Blessings & Success!

Looks great brother. More stickers are available on our website Set Them Free | OFF ROAD 2013 for only $5.00

G-Rocc 05-29-2013 09:43 AM

A very generous person has had to drop out of attending the Set Them Free Off Road 2013 event and would like to donate his spot he paid for to someone who can't afford to go. First person to PM me will get a free spot at the event.

Also don't forget to register at www.stfoffroad.org

Thank you guys for all of your support!

BV Jeep 05-29-2013 09:33 PM

Giani I checked out the site. All of the trails seem to rated just right. I am going to try to get that weekend off to help you maybe as a guide. If anyone that is reading this has any questions they can send me a pm or reply on this site.

BV Jeep
Doug J

G-Rocc 05-29-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BV Jeep (Post 3806250)
Giani I checked out the site. All of the trails seem to rated just right. I am going to try to get that weekend off to help you maybe as a guide. If anyone that is reading this has any questions they can send me a pm or reply on this site.

BV Jeep
Doug J

We got to have BV Jeep in our Set Them Free BV event. Plus you are the guy that spotted me over whales tale, you know the lines. I hear by deem you Official Chinaman Gulch Guide should you be willing to accept. There is no one else I would rather have at that position.

BV Jeep 05-29-2013 09:55 PM

Sounds good :)

Oberst Hajj 05-30-2013 07:26 AM

Looks like a fun weekend. I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is this a family event, or are most of the participants singles our couples?
2. Is there an age limit for the younger ones?
3. With only one day on the trails, do you have to pick one or two, or does the whole group hit each trail and participants can “sit out” any they don’t want to go on?
Thanks,

Keith

BV Jeep 05-30-2013 09:16 AM

There are 6 trail options listed on the web page. Each trail has a rating of difficulty. Each trail is pretty much a day trip. If you are part of that group you will be doing that trip. Some of these trail are off of the same road so make sure you stay with your group. If you are unsure of you capabilities make sure you choose a trail that you will feel comfortable with. All of these trails are fun and beautiful in many ways.

As for ages I don't see any issues with children or their ages. If you take your child off roading all the time, this will not be an issue at all. I have seen children that were barely walking on some of these more extreme trails. Just remember you are still responsible for you children.

Yes this is a family event. Bring them along!!! We are not out to be an event where we all go out drinking and raising you know what. This is an event that is being held to help people who have been put in horrible situations. We are all about family. Single people are also invited. Remember we are all family here. We are going to make this a fun event for all.

BV Jeep

G-Rocc 05-30-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj (Post 3807397)
Looks like a fun weekend. I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is this a family event, or are most of the participants singles our couples?
2. Is there an age limit for the younger ones?
3. With only one day on the trails, do you have to pick one or two, or does the whole group hit each trail and participants can “sit out” any they don’t want to go on?
Thanks,

Keith

Keith, great questions. Here are my answers:

1. Family friendly? Of course! I am bringing my son who will be about a year and a half at the time of the event and also the rest of my family is planning on bringing all of their kids as well ranging from my son being the youngest up to 12 and all in between.
2. Age limit. That will be left at your discretion. I personally didn't take my son on the trails until he was about a year old just because he was still a little 'floppy' until then and I didn't want to injure his neck or anything from all of the bouncing around.
3. Everyone will need to select one trail. The trails we will be running are for the most part a full day to complete. If you have any questions about what trail will be best for you feel free to contact me or Doug (BV Jeep) and we will give you a good recommendation. If your group finishes up your trail early it might be fun to walk Carnage Canyon and see all of the crazies up there taking a whole day to drive less than 8/10 of a mile. I also suggest staying up there that Saturday night and taking Sunday to either explore another trail or do something in the town.

Looking forward to seeing you out at Set Them Free Off Road!

G-Rocc 06-06-2013 10:30 AM

Big thanks to a new group of sponsors:

Axel Off Road
http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/...0ROAD/Axel.png
TNT Customs
http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/...Logonoflag.jpg
Tomken Machine
http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/...omkenlogo1.png

More in the works as well! This event is shaping out to be a huge success. Show all of our sponsors some love by giving them your support back.

Don't forget to register at Set Them Free | OFF ROAD 2013

BV Jeep 06-06-2013 01:16 PM

Good to see Tomken in on it too. I was wondering about them.

G-Rocc 06-10-2013 10:39 PM

Crane Hi Clearance and Crawlertech are sponsoring Carnage Canyon and will be trail leaders for those brave enough to take on the trail at Set Them Free Off Road 2013. Go and show them your support as they support us by visiting their Facebook Page:

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/...1686102465.jpg

G-Rocc 06-11-2013 11:13 AM

Dirt Riot

Anyone headed to watch the W.E. Rock races on Saturday? If you are make sure to stop by the Set Them Free booth.
For more information visit Dirt Riot Mountain Round 2 - W.E.ROCK aka World Extreme Rock Crawling | W.E.ROCK aka World Extreme Rock Crawling

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/...Erockimage.png

wanderlust 06-11-2013 12:48 PM

Cool, I know myself and clan Lewis are planning on going.