Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   4" lift 03 rubicon vibrations (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/4-lift-03-rubicon-vibrations-238342.html)

TJ-Patriot 04-28-2013 04:02 PM

4" lift 03 rubicon vibrations
 
I just installed a 4" lift from Zone Offroad. I just had a alignment done and still when I start off till I'm about at 30 mph I feel like the front tires are fighting the pavement. It tracks fine. Also I get a on and off vibration that starts at about 45 mph and get very noticeable at 50 then around 55 it starts to go away. My guess is a driveshaft vibration for my later issue but not sure. Any suggestions?

TJ-Patriot 04-28-2013 04:14 PM

I forgot to mention that the one vibration I feel at around 55 feels like it is coming from under the center of the jeep.

Dino30 04-28-2013 05:33 PM

This is a Drive shaft vibration ... when you go to 4 in of lift on a tj most people need a new rear drive shaft ... The front end vibration could be caused by a few things .. Tires, a track bar thats to short , a bad u-joint in the d-shaft , or some play in the steering box ..

Did it vibrate before the lift ? If not , what parts did you change out with the lift ? Did the kit come with an adjustable track bar , adjustable upper and lower links ?

Lowrollin12 04-29-2013 03:44 PM

yea that one around 55mph is the drive line. your angles have changed, im dealing with that now on my 03 Rubi. Tom Woods Driveshafts seem to be the answer.

Lowrollin12 04-29-2013 03:46 PM

Also check your steering stabilizer for the front?

racefan88 05-01-2013 01:35 PM

go for the tom woods drive shaft it cured my vibe with a 4" lift

UnlimitedLJ04 05-01-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ-Patriot (Post 3692929)
I just installed a 4" lift from Zone Offroad. I just had a alignment done and still when I start off till I'm about at 30 mph I feel like the front tires are fighting the pavement. It tracks fine. Also I get a on and off vibration that starts at about 45 mph and get very noticeable at 50 then around 55 it starts to go away. My guess is a driveshaft vibration for my later issue but not sure. Any suggestions?

first off, when you had the alignment done, what was the caster spec?

secondly, did you install a t-case drop or CV rear driveshaft?

SuicideSaints 05-01-2013 01:48 PM

Did you instal a sye kit or cv shaft with the lift? If not this is most likely your problem (shaft vibration).

Walkingstick 06-06-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuicideSaints
Did you instal a sye kit or cv shaft with the lift? If not this is most likely your problem (shaft vibration).

Read the title.... It says 03' rubicon

Big Cole 06-06-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkingstick (Post 3832123)

Read the title.... It says 03' rubicon

Maybe you should read the date of the last post and realize the thread is stale.

stumpbuster 06-06-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkingstick (Post 3832123)
Read the title.... It says 03' rubicon

you are correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Cole (Post 3832392)
Maybe you should read the date of the last post and realize the thread is stale.

you are erroneous


to the op i did a 4" zone lift last year and have same symptoms
not killin me tho
ive come to grips that caster is off and we need adjustable lowers to correct this

Walkingstick 06-06-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Cole

Maybe you should read the date of the last post and realize the thread is stale.

Mmm no actually it's not stale. Haha not by a long shot.
A one year old thread.... Now that is stale.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.