Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Georgia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/)
-   -   Lift kits? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/lift-kits-238423.html)

Trail-Hated4x4 04-28-2013 09:12 PM

Lift kits?

Looking to investing in a suspension lift for my 03 rubicon. As of now it only has 2 inch body lift, stock suspension.

Wondering what lifts are good for offroading, but yet affordable. Skyjacker, rough country, rubicon express, etc.

XTRyan 04-29-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail-Hated4x4 (Post 3693862)
Looking to investing in a suspension lift for my 03 rubicon. As of now it only has 2 inch body lift, stock suspension.

Wondering what lifts are good for offroading, but yet affordable. Skyjacker, rough country, rubicon express, etc.

Trail-Hated,

What size tire do you plan on running? I would recommend getting rid of the body lift, or dropping it down to around an inch. That will save you some wear and tear on your shifter linkages and other parts that high body lifts put stress on. Then getting a moderate suspension lift, around 3"-4".

Depending on how much you want to spend, and what height of lift you are going to run will determine the brand to look into. We carry Lift Kits in all of the brands you mentioned, so I'll be able to answer any questions about them you may have.

Let me know the height you're looking for and I can give you a hand!

-Zach

Trail-Hated4x4 04-29-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain (Post 3695880)

Trail-Hated,

What size tire do you plan on running? I would recommend getting rid of the body lift, or dropping it down to around an inch. That will save you some wear and tear on your shifter linkages and other parts that high body lifts put stress on. Then getting a moderate suspension lift, around 3"-4".

Depending on how much you want to spend, and what height of lift you are going to run will determine the brand to look into. We carry Lift Kits in all of the brands you mentioned, so I'll be able to answer any questions about them you may have.

Let me know the height you're looking for and I can give you a hand!

-Zach

I'm running 33's and I'd like to get a 4inch suspension.
Looking for sometime that is worth investing money in. Right now my budget is 850.
I don't plan on doing crazy stuff with it. All tho I do wheel often.

MosesTJ 04-30-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail-Hated4x4 (Post 3696387)

Looking for sometime that is worth investing money in. Right now my budget is 850.

I bought a 4"SL, 1.25" BL,1" MML for around $750. From Allen at AOR. It's a zone. I'm running 33's as well.
He was great to work with I can get you in contact with him.

cleveland99 04-30-2013 08:11 AM

clean

wow thats a clean rig there my friend

MosesTJ 04-30-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleveland99 (Post 3700546)
wow thats a clean rig there my friend

You've never seen it that clean!

XTRyan 04-30-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail-Hated4x4 (Post 3696387)

Trial-Hated,

A great kit for you would be the Zone 4" Lift Kit. It'll give you great ride on the street and awesome performance offroad. The kit iwll give you the clearance you need to run up to a 33" tire

This kit is easy to install with no cutting or drilling required. With the right tools and a few friends, you can have this kit on in a few hours.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help.

-Zach

cleveland99 04-30-2013 09:56 AM

Do.the zone combo 4'25 better kit for.the.money

MosesTJ 04-30-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain (Post 3700787)

Trial-Hated,

A great kit for you would be the Zone 4" Lift Kit. It'll give you great ride on the street and awesome performance offroad. The kit iwll give you the clearance you need to run up to a 33" tire

This kit is easy to install with no cutting or drilling required. With the right tools and a few friends, you can have this kit on in a few hours.

-Zach

You do have to drill unless you buy the adjustable track bar,FYI.

XTRyan 05-01-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosesTJ (Post 3701263)
You do have to drill unless you buy the adjustable track bar,FYI.

Moses,

I realized that after I posted it, and it was too late to edit. I looked back through the install instructions and saw the drilling step. Thanks for correcting me!

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help.

-Zach

MosesTJ 05-01-2013 10:17 AM

It's no problem. I wasn't being an ass but that is an important step that most people like to avoid.

jandaso 05-01-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain (Post 3700787)
Trial-Hated,

-Zach

MMMM I like that KIT.... cheapppp lol hahaha maybe we can both get it and get an even better price

cleveland99 05-01-2013 01:42 PM

Jandaso I got the 4.25 I think it a better kit

jandaso 05-01-2013 01:58 PM

I will wait till you get yours in this sat ... i want to see how it looks....i actually not a big fan of the TC drop. because if I really have to do that might as well buy a belly up since my differential will not have any difference in clearance since i will be retaining the 33"

and if i dont want to do a TC drop but still want the 4" then i might have to spend another 500 for a SYE and a custom Toms Driveshaft

cleveland99 05-01-2013 02:42 PM

Hope the bl mml lift help so I dont drop tc

jandaso 05-01-2013 02:53 PM

yeah man lets get that thing on ... take it for a ride and see if it vibrates. I dont think it will

MosesTJ 05-01-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleveland99 (Post 3706511)
Hope the bl mml lift help so I dont drop tc

I had to on mine but its only like an inch. Plus my diffs usually get hung up before the TC.

kappaknight 05-01-2013 05:32 PM

My JK's got 99 problems but a belly tuck ain't one. :whistling:

cleveland99 05-01-2013 06:11 PM

Ha ha kappa very funny but how much you got in yours and I bet I go where you do lol lol just kidding

Michigunman 05-01-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosesTJ (Post 3706925)
I had to on mine but its only like an inch. Plus my diffs usually get hung up before the TC.

Maybe in the mud but if you get into the rocks might be a different story. I'm sure I have gone places I wouldn't have without my Tummy Tuck. I only have 3" of lift though, so that factors in as well. You can point your tires at the rocks to get your diffs over them, not so much with the transfer case.

All depends on what kind of riding you do I guess.

kappaknight 05-01-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleveland99 (Post 3707160)
Ha ha kappa very funny but how much you got in yours and I bet I go where you do lol lol just kidding

Haha - I bet you can with a good line. I don't do crazy things. I'd still go to the mall if I could fit in the parking deck. :rofl:

Michigunman 05-01-2013 07:00 PM

Ha ha indeed humble grasshopper. On the Service Roads, sure. Some place like Morris or Adventure....not so much.

With that said we have some seen some stock..ish Jeeps do impressvie stuff. Including Cleveland this past weekend.

cleveland99 05-01-2013 07:23 PM

Thank you oh wise fellow jeepers a wise man told me its all in how you drive

cleveland99 05-01-2013 07:24 PM

On that note after this weekend I should ne.able to tackle some harder stuff

MosesTJ 05-01-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigunman (Post 3707239)
Maybe in the mud but if you get into the rocks might be a different story. I'm sure I have gone places I wouldn't have without my Tummy Tuck. I only have 3" of lift though, so that factors in as well. You can point your tires at the rocks to get your diffs over them, not so much with the transfer case.

All depends on what kind of riding you do I guess.

It is and I've never really been interested in the rock stuff, not that I wouldn't do it just not what I enjoy.

Trail-Hated4x4 05-02-2013 07:58 AM

So if I have a body lift I don't have to drop TC?
Because that is something I'd like to avoid as well.

MosesTJ 05-02-2013 08:39 AM

From what I've read if you stick with a 3" SL and do the 1.25" BL and a MML you can avoid the TC drop and SYE purchase. Going to the 4" I did the others and still had vibes so I did the TC drop. I believe the 3" SL is the threshold.

Trail-Hated4x4 05-02-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MosesTJ (Post 3709641)
From what I've read if you stick with a 3" SL and do the 1.25" BL and a MML you can avoid the TC drop and SYE purchase. Going to the 4" I did the others and still had vibes so I did the TC drop. I believe the 3" SL is the threshold.

I've got 2 inch bl.
The 3 1.25 doesn't come with control arms?

MosesTJ 05-02-2013 10:26 AM

No it does not. The 4" has new lower control arms in it.