Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Flooded jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/flooded-jeep-238668.html)

Vkblack888 04-29-2013 09:51 AM

Flooded jeep

So I found a muddy hole with my jeep by accident on Saturday. Family in the back, jeep starts flooding, everyone gets out good and I winched myself out no problem. But now a day later even though I shopvac'd 3 gallons of water out of the carpets it still smells like a corpse in there. I'm pretty sure the carpet is done for ( and I needed an excuse to bedline interior) but does anyone have any tips for me to salvage my seats at any cost?

Vkblack888 04-29-2013 09:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Some pics

cocky grin 04-29-2013 09:56 AM

Take it to a full service carwash and have them steam clean the seats and then when you get home Fabreze the living hell out of it then leave the top off and let sit in the sun for a few days.

This got the smell out of my seats when my dog had a runny crap all over my back seat.

Good luck!

Edit: ahh leather seats this worked with my cloth ones..... Can't rly help you there sorry bud

Vkblack888 04-29-2013 10:38 AM

Maybe alcohol to kills by mold or bacteria in the seats

sinepome 04-29-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vkblack888 (Post 3695963)
So I found a muddy hole with my jeep by accident on Saturday. Family in the back, jeep starts flooding, everyone gets out good and I winched myself out no problem. But now a day later even though I shopvac'd 3 gallons of water out of the carpets it still smells like a corpse in there. I'm pretty sure the carpet is done for ( and I needed an excuse to bedline interior) but does anyone have any tips for me to salvage my seats at any cost?

Vinegar will kill any mold you may be growing. Pull everything out carpet seats ect. Hose them out. Let dry a little . Scrub with vinegar/water solution hose off and let air dry. Or wet vac. GL.

jokerchief462 04-29-2013 11:41 AM

Use a carpet cleaner and some of the detergent and mold stuff they sell it will come back but you may have padding on the back. Worst case pull all the seats and remove completely clean the tub disinfect and clean the carpet on the driveway.

Wranglin4Life 04-29-2013 12:30 PM

Damn, that's one hell of a mud hole. I dont really have much to offer in this thread but would like to know where you got those seats?

Vkblack888 04-29-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wranglin4Life (Post 3696501)
Damn, that's one hell of a mud hole. I dont really have much to offer in this thread but would like to know where you got those seats?

Those are stock. Came on the 2002 apex edition they produced it for like 1/2 year

Vkblack888 04-29-2013 01:25 PM

And thanks for advice guys i think I'm going to bathe the interior in vinegar

Rayko 04-29-2013 02:12 PM

I flooded my interior a couple of months ago. Water was in the footwells just like yours. Pulled the seats, carpets, everything. Power washed the bare floors, power washed the carpeting and let it all dry out.
Took me about a week before I got around to doing it and the interior smelled like a wet dog. After I finished though it came around pretty good and all the foul aromas are gone.
Good luck, have fun, it's a PITA.