Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Quadratec Shipping??? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/quadratec-shipping-238769.html)

okcscott 04-29-2013 10:53 AM

Quadratec Shipping???

Was going to order from Quadratec but a $350 item is $49 shipping! I could see if it was a bumper or winch but it's just electric window setup for 2 doors.

Do they ever have specials where they offer free or discounted shipping?

st1264 04-29-2013 10:56 AM

Contact a rep on this board and get free shipping to lower 48...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/qu...rs-211874.html

Dunkin_D 04-29-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st1264 (Post 3696184)
Contact a rep on this board and get free shipping to lower 48...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/qu...rs-211874.html

What he said...I placed an order last week and got free shipping since I contacted the rep on this board.

jkjeeper06 04-29-2013 11:11 AM

Or if you search the quadratec item number on google shopping you can get free shipping that way too

benjamin.allen 04-29-2013 11:13 AM

If you call and place your order over the phone mention the forum and you get free shipping

IBgeocaching 04-29-2013 11:21 AM

I just PMed quadratec through this board for an order & they gave me a code & a link to a web page for free shipping. Don't know if I am suppose to spread it around though.
Tried via google first but no free shipping there.

st1264 04-29-2013 11:48 AM

The code I received worked perfectly. Sent the order# to the Q rep on the forum just in case of problems. No problems. Took them a couple working days to ship but I was pleased.

Free shipping to Detroit (10min drive) instead of shipping to me (Canada) which would of cost me a fortune + brokerage fees... saved me a ton of money :dance: Living in a border town has it's advantages. Customs let me go without paying taxes as well (another 13% savings).

I had an order from Morris 4x4 and it was shipped within hours and delivered in 3 working days (Fla), waited about 5 for Quadratec (Penn) order.

okcscott 04-29-2013 12:18 PM

Thanks everybody, I'll get the code

bryan

Duramaxxed 04-29-2013 12:25 PM

Go through Google, Shipping is Free. No Code Needed.

okcscott 04-29-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duramaxxed (Post 3696479)
Go through Google, Shipping is Free. No Code Needed.

I'll check that also.

Thanks Bryan

ahsumtoy 04-29-2013 12:56 PM

Check other sites

Check out 4WD site. If they have the same product for the same price, I believe anything over $95 is free shipping.

Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, & Jeep Tops

XTRyan 04-29-2013 01:41 PM

We offer most of the same products as Q-Tech and 4wd. We have a discount for Wrangler Forum members and free shipping on orders over $75.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to help!

-Zach

DD293G 04-29-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBgeocaching (Post 3696265)
I just PMed quadratec through this board for an order & they gave me a code & a link to a web page for free shipping. Don't know if I am suppose to spread it around though.
Tried via google first but no free shipping there.

Wish they'd give everyone on the forum this code, makes it a lot easier ordering online vs having to call

cannonballgsu 04-29-2013 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I really dislike Quadretec's shipping practices. Charging more to ship because the product costs more is absurd. I placed one order through them, and that will be the last one. I'll go to other distributors that don't try to make a killing through "shipping" charges.

TOK 04-29-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD293G (Post 3696802)
Wish they'd give everyone on the forum this code, makes it a lot easier ordering online vs having to call

If they were smart, they wouldn't even bother and just do it. There are half a dozen places that offer free shipping on orders over $100. I go to them first because I can't be bothered dicking around with codes and phone calls.

RoadiJeff 04-29-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

I'm sure they probably aren't doing it that way because the free shipping code would quickly spread throughout the Internet.

RoadiJeff 04-29-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannonballgsu (Post 3696816)
I'll go to other distributors that don't try to make a killing through "shipping" charges.

How are they making a killing off shipping charges when it's free? :confused:

Wranglin4Life 04-29-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 3696946)
I'm sure they probably aren't doing it that way because the free shipping code would quickly spread throughout the Internet.

So then they would be like most of the other 4x4 companies that offer free shipping anyways. Most of the time, quadratec is the last place I go based on this. Only real perk is they are so close to me I get stuff next day.

cannonballgsu 04-29-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

I really dislike Quadretec's shipping practices. Charging more to ship because the product costs more is absurd. I placed one order through them, and that will be the last one. I'll go to other distributors that don't try to make a killing through "shipping" charges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 3696951)

Notice I said try. Yes, you can circumvent their practice by calling, or messaging a representative, but I personally do not like jumping through hoops. I prefer to pay a REASONABLE shipping charge than delay my order.

Wranglin4Life 04-29-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 3696951)

Well people that dont know about a forum discount or the free shipping option pay based on a dollar amount, which isnt fair because thats not how FedEx/UPS/USPS do it. They make a killing on shipping. Plus you think they pay retail shipping costs?? Nope, they post up what you would pay to ship it, they get a HUGE discount from UPS or whoever they use because of how much they ship.

Wranglin4Life 04-29-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannonballgsu (Post 3696976)
Notice I said try. Yes, you can circumvent their practice by calling, or messaging a representative, but I personally do not like jumping through hoops. I prefer to pay a REASONABLE shipping charge than delay my order.

Exactly, :thumb:

relyt 04-29-2013 02:43 PM

I doubt a coupon code would make the rounds that fast if people still don't know about using google shopping to get free shipping.

JeepMJ 04-29-2013 03:42 PM

I think their online shopping experience is pretty good but I was horrified when I saw the shipping prices and breakdowns during checkout. They've lost two of my recent orders to other companies because of this.

As far circumventing shipping charges by jumping through hoops --> "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

IBgeocaching 04-29-2013 04:30 PM

the PM I got said they are " testing an easier way for WranglerForum members to take advantage of the Free FedEx Ground Shipping offer". Like I commented before, I`m not comfortable spreading it around right now.

Deepjeep1371 04-29-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepMJ (Post 3697230)
I think their online shopping experience is pretty good but I was horrified when I saw the shipping prices and breakdowns during checkout. They've lost two of my recent orders to other companies because of this.

As far circumventing shipping charges by jumping through hoops --> "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Sweet Brown. " ANGTFT" Lmmfao

Lucy Brown 04-29-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

They just lost an order from me. I live in PA so I have to pay PA sales tax. I called them about a $1,000 + order and asked the rep if there was anything kind of discount they could give me since I had to pay the PA 6% sales tax. Rep said nope so I went to a local speed shop and did the deal. If I have to pay shipping + sales tax I'm better off going to a brick and mortar store and giving them my business.

JeepHerz 04-29-2013 05:15 PM

Not sure which make you're looking at- but ordered mine direct. Quadratech is faster though. Just not cheaper.
Electric Life

Quadratec 04-29-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcscott (Post 3696177)
Was going to order from Quadratec but a $350 item is $49 shipping! I could see if it was a bumper or winch but it's just electric window setup for 2 doors.

Do they ever have specials where they offer free or discounted shipping?

Please PM me for a coupon code to use on the Quadratec Promo Codes link.

Quote:

Please PM me for a coupon code to use on the Quadratec Promo Codes link.

Quote:

Our shipping chart was created to be fair to customers who mail in their order as well as to balance things out for customer ordering heavier things more than 10 states away. We are offering free shipping to WranglerForum members within the 48 contiguous states, just PM me and I will give you a coupon code to use on our site :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wranglin4Life (Post 3696961)
So then they would be like most of the other 4x4 companies that offer free shipping anyways. Most of the time, quadratec is the last place I go based on this. Only real perk is they are so close to me I get stuff next day.

At the moment we offer free shipping as well... either through google or by coupon code - just PM me for details :thumb:

Quote:

:dance: no cold pop, but we do offer a free standard shipping within the 48 contiguous states. Just PM me for details :thumb:

wwch99tj 04-29-2013 05:39 PM

Here's the code I got a month or so ago...

"Saharatango"
http://www.quadratec.com/promo_code.php

12JKR 04-29-2013 05:53 PM

They will price match if you ask. :-)