Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2013 AC issues? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2013-ac-issues-239075.html)

shatter_proof 04-29-2013 06:19 PM

2013 AC issues?
 
Has anyone else had issues with their AC when it's above 70 outside? No matter how cold or high we turn the fans it will not cool off anyone in the back seat. It's going back to the dealership again tomorrow.

I fear what may happen when we hit 110+ this summer!

This jeep has been a head ache. We've had paint issues which took the dealership 3 tries to fix, little trim issues and now the AC doesn't work. Really beginning to wonder if we made a mistake. We haven't even broken 3k miles yet!

Trenty 04-29-2013 06:28 PM

No issues here. 2013 as well and the AC is as powerful as the heat

Sgt93 04-29-2013 06:30 PM

Yep, I took it in a week or so ago and they had to order a new line that was on national backorder. They called me back a few days later, put a new hose in, refilled and good to go. I checked it on our first warm day and am glad I did.

I suggest other 13 owners do the same as it was a defective hose.

shatter_proof 04-29-2013 06:35 PM

thanks for the info!

Sgt93 04-29-2013 06:36 PM

Sure no problem.

shatter_proof 04-29-2013 06:37 PM

do you know if there is a service bulletin related to this that I can reference when I go in?

Sgt93 04-29-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatter_proof (Post 3698067)
do you know if there is a service bulletin related to this that I can reference when I go in?

I have no idea, I assume there probably was one being typed up since there was a backorder on the part. It's a quick fix. It's under warranty and that's all I care about.

SilverSport 04-29-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatter_proof (Post 3697965)
Has anyone else had issues with their AC when it's above 70 outside? No matter how cold or high we turn the fans it will not cool off anyone in the back seat. It's going back to the dealership again tomorrow.

I fear what may happen when we hit 110+ this summer!

This jeep has been a head ache. We've had paint issues which took the dealership 3 tries to fix, little trim issues and now the AC doesn't work. Really beginning to wonder if we made a mistake. We haven't even broken 3k miles yet!

But does your AC blow cold?

shatter_proof 04-29-2013 10:01 PM

somewhat cool, I wouldn't consider it cold. But no where near as cold as any of our other vehicles.

Sgt93 04-29-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatter_proof (Post 3699201)
somewhat cool, I wouldn't consider it cold. But no where near as cold as any of our other vehicles.

Take it in and have them look at it. I bet we both had a bad AC hose. No biggie, sure beats a head problem! :thumb:

MRT2 04-29-2013 11:26 PM

Shatter Proof,

I'm with you. I have a 2013 also, and from the forum's people say the AC works very well. I thought it was just me? I mean, the AC blows cold, but not nearly as cold as my other vehicles. I just chalked it up to having leather interior (harder to cool on a warm day), and living in SoCal.

I'll get mine checked out also. It does get difficult to cool down. Especially in SoCal heading into Summer.

pepatrick 04-30-2013 06:48 AM

Fortunately no AC issues with my 2013 JKU. Blows ice cold.

crawlin_archer 04-30-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt93 (Post 3698019)
Yep, I took it in a week or so ago and they had to order a new line that was on national backorder.

When parts come out of national it is not a national back order. It's a central hub that dispenses parts to the regional part warehouses. Our local regional distributor is Atlanta & it takes 1 day to get parts from there. When Atlanta doesn't have it & we have to get it from bational it takes 3-5 days to get them.

And there is not a service bulletin or recall for this. many times the new year models don't have all the parts to the regional distributors yet & it comes from national because of this.

Sgt93 04-30-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlin_archer (Post 3700529)
When parts come out of national it is not a national back order. It's a central hub that dispenses parts to the regional part warehouses. Our local regional distributor is Atlanta & it takes 1 day to get parts from there. When Atlanta doesn't have it & we have to get it from bational it takes 3-5 days to get them.

And there is not a service bulletin or recall for this. many times the new year models don't have all the parts to the regional distributors yet & it comes from national because of this.

Hey bud, the Service Manager's exact words were,"the part is on national backorder".

Whether he was wrong or saying something to please me, I have no idea. The service they performed was great, they were very courteous, and my Jeep got fixed. That's all I know, but those were his exact words. I appreciate your information though, and am glad Master Tech's like yourself visit and post on the forum. ;)

shatter_proof 04-30-2013 11:18 AM

just dropped it off.. I mentioned the hose and he looked at me a little funny.

We'll see what they say.

Blastek 04-30-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlin_archer (Post 3700529)
When parts come out of national it is not a national back order. It's a central hub that dispenses parts to the regional part warehouses. Our local regional distributor is Atlanta & it takes 1 day to get parts from there. When Atlanta doesn't have it & we have to get it from bational it takes 3-5 days to get them.

And there is not a service bulletin or recall for this. many times the new year models don't have all the parts to the regional distributors yet & it comes from national because of this.

Uhm, national back order means that the item is on back order throughout the nation. It's a general, standard term that is used across multiple industries. It is not referring to the parts distributor called National.

There doesn't have to be a TSB or common issue to cause a back order. They may be at peak production capacity and have allotted the parts to the new production line.

SilverSport 04-30-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatter_proof (Post 3699201)
somewhat cool, I wouldn't consider it cold. But no where near as cold as any of our other vehicles.

I asked because with a properly working AC, it still takes a bit to cool that back seat area down.

legitposter 04-30-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatter_proof (Post 3697965)
Has anyone else had issues with their AC when it's above 70 outside? No matter how cold or high we turn the fans it will not cool off anyone in the back seat. It's going back to the dealership again tomorrow.

I fear what may happen when we hit 110+ this summer!

This jeep has been a head ache. We've had paint issues which took the dealership 3 tries to fix, little trim issues and now the AC doesn't work. Really beginning to wonder if we made a mistake. We haven't even broken 3k miles yet!

Paint, trim and AC? Sounds like you got a good one, actually.

PhotoWrangler 04-30-2013 08:58 PM

My A/C blows cold, and I haven't noticed any problems.

However, a few times we've been going down the road and its been on 3 or 4, and it will just stop for a second, and then come back on. Its as if someone turned the knob off and on really quick, but we never touched it.

Aside from that quirk, haven't had any major issues.

LongRifle45 04-30-2013 09:52 PM

2013 JKU here. We just had our first days in the 80's and mine feels like it can't cool the interior at all. I even had mine on full fan with recirculation. Cold air coming out the vents, but it can't compete with the heat coming off the hardtop. Certainly does not compare to my Tahoe that I traded in. So far that is the one thing I am not happy about with the Jeep. I too am afraid what it will be like when it hits the 100's here.

Flint_Holbrook 04-30-2013 10:03 PM

Guys, pick up a thermometer at the auto parst house and insert in a vent. Check the temp of the air coming out of the system. I don't know what the design calls for but you can't expect much less than 45 to 50 degree air out of the vents.

Blastek 04-30-2013 10:24 PM

For what it's worth, i've driven and parked in 115 degree heat with the soft top and the rear passengers asked me to turn down the air.

Sgt93 05-01-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastek (Post 3703982)
For what it's worth, i've driven and parked in 115 degree heat with the soft top and the rear passengers asked me to turn down the air.

My 13 is very cold as well. Very close to my 2011 F250 6.7 Super Duty.

crawlin_archer 05-01-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastek (Post 3701490)
Uhm, national back order means that the item is on back order throughout the nation. It's a general, standard term that is used across multiple industries. It is not referring to the parts distributor called National.

There doesn't have to be a TSB or common issue to cause a back order. They may be at peak production capacity and have allotted the parts to the new production line.

Yet the part is on national backorder but it showed up 3 days later? I'm just telling you that when we get parts from national it takes 3-5days instead of 1 when it comes from our regional distributor. Now if somethign truely is on backorder it can take a while to get them. we ran into this last year with the key fobiks on vans & chargers & others that used them. It took us weeks to get keys & people couldn't drive their cars until we got some & we would only get like 2-4 each time. It was a mess.

Sgt93 05-01-2013 09:16 PM

Shatter Proof, did you get it back yet?

Sgt93 05-03-2013 10:52 AM

I don't know why, but I would really like to see an update on this LOL.

Wingsnut72 05-03-2013 11:05 AM

I've had my 2013 since March 20th. Just put on 2500 miles on it. We've already taken it on a weekend getaway. The only issue that I've had is the rushing water noise on startup, but that's it. My HVAC works fine. Ever since we put in the headliner and soundproofing(dynomat) everything's been quiet/well insulated. The AC is crazy cold, and the heat is nuts. A lot better than my old ford ranger that I traded in on her.

WonderJeep 05-03-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRT2 (Post 3699641)
Shatter Proof,

I'm with you. I have a 2013 also, and from the forum's people say the AC works very well. I thought it was just me? I mean, the AC blows cold, but not nearly as cold as my other vehicles. I just chalked it up to having leather interior (harder to cool on a warm day), and living in SoCal.

I'll get mine checked out also. It does get difficult to cool down. Especially in SoCal heading into Summer.


+1... Im in SoCAli too andi thought the A/C just sucked. Im definitely gonna have it checked since I just got my JKU last week. It's been hot here in SoCal lately too.

David-T-71 05-10-2013 10:12 PM

Had to take my 2013 JKU back to the dealership after only 1500 miles because the AC was no longer blowing cold. They said it was low on coolant, but that they also couldn't find any leaks. It is working well so far. Only time will tell.

Sask-Jeep-Girl 09-06-2013 12:30 PM

A/C Problems
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoWrangler (Post 3703587)
My A/C blows cold, and I haven't noticed any problems.

However, a few times we've been going down the road and its been on 3 or 4, and it will just stop for a second, and then come back on. Its as if someone turned the knob off and on really quick, but we never touched it.

Aside from that quirk, haven't had any major issues.

My 2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited does the same thing, everytime I have taken it in they give me the "could not duplicate in shop" etc, it only does it when it is 75 degreed outside or hotter is the only common thing that I have found.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.