Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Stupid toyota thinks its a jeep (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/stupid-toyota-thinks-its-a-jeep-239129.html)

Cole Noah 04-29-2013 09:51 PM

Stupid toyota thinks its a jeep

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this on my way home from work. What a abomination. Now let the hate comments begin!

IrateDonnie 04-29-2013 10:23 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it, it looks better than an XJ with the doors off :hide: Although I'm kind of biased, if I didn't have a Jeep I'd probably have a Toyota...Those things are pretty tough, a buddy of mine had one like that on 35's & it would go just about everywhere.

O_M_Jeep 04-29-2013 10:29 PM

To each their own, but I also think anything but Wranglers (broncos, toyotas, blazers, trucks) all look funny when they take the doors off.

finadeni 04-30-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 3699039)
To each their own, but I also think anything but Wranglers (broncos, toyotas, blazers, trucks) all look funny when they take the doors off.

Unless its an 70's fj40 or a zuki samurai (those look cool too) I'm right there with ya. Except I say traditional body jeep not just wranglers

CrazyT 04-30-2013 06:59 AM

Didn't know Jeep owned the rights to do whatever you want with your vehicle.

Kind of looks like a sweet rig. Looks like he opened the back of the cab and has a back row of seats. I like it.

O_M_Jeep 04-30-2013 07:35 AM

LMAO, of course Jeep doesn't own the "rights to do whatever you want" just like the VW Beetle doesn't own the right to have a Rolls Royce hood and grille so you can pretend it is what it isn't :D

Everyone has a right to do what they want, but when ever I see a truck or off roader that isn't a wrangler, early FJ, early Bronco, or the like with no doors, TO ME it veritably screams HEY WORLD, I HAVE JEEP ENVY AND THIS IS ALL I COULD AFFORD, IT'S ALMOST AS GOOD THOUGH, SEE ?!?!

But I do understand that Toyota guys and girls want to go doorless too, and that's cool, but you have to wonder why they hate on Jeeps so much then do the one thing pretty unique to the Jeep Wrangler body design.

Oh well, haters gonna hate :D

Ok, here's your litmus test -

Unbolt your doors, if they fall off, leave them the f**k on. :D

SHADYDC 04-30-2013 07:37 AM

those 4 runners do look funny striped like that but they can be hella fun

Cole Noah 04-30-2013 09:01 AM

I just have a strong hate for the toyota world most of them thinking toyotas are solo much better than jeeps.... And then they want to take the doors off... And all other types of jeep style things. Now, toyota vehicles are tough as hell and reliable. But MOST of the owners are jackasses.

goin camping 04-30-2013 09:29 AM

As long as he is happy, who cares.

ArmyWrangler2012 04-30-2013 09:34 AM

I had a 4 door '06 tacoma for about 6 years and now I have my '12 wrangler and I must say, they both have pro's and con's. I love taking the doors off and top down on the jeep but I sure do miss that truck bed for hauling, 4 doors, and quieter ride. (granted, I could have gotten a 4 door wrangler and a hard top)

Pushrod 04-30-2013 09:43 AM

Everybody has their own likes and dislikes and to each his own in my book. That's a fun looking rig and I'd wheel with them.

joeuncool 04-30-2013 09:48 AM

Hmm, kind of makes me want to take the doors off of our Jetta. :rofl:

Moabite 04-30-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole Noah (Post 3700677)
I just have a strong hate for the toyota world most of them thinking toyotas are solo much better than jeeps.... And then they want to take the doors off... And all other types of jeep style things. Now, toyota vehicles are tough as hell and reliable. But MOST of the owners are jackasses.

Close-minded, bigoted, petty comments like yours don't even deserve a response...but I'll respond anyway. I doubt that the owner of the Toyota even thought about Jeeps when he took his doors off...or maybe he got the idea from Jeeps. It doesn't matter. You're like the people in the "10A Club" who accused me of trying to trick people into thinking I was driving a 10A because I painted my D-rings red. Totally childish BS...and the reason I now totally ignore "their" thread.

I applaud the guy in the Toyota for making his vehicle somewhat unique and definitely increasing the fun factor. Jeep owners don't have the fun market cornered.

I drive a Toyota also...'08 Tundra Limited. It is, by far, the best truck I've ever owned...and I've owned a LOT of VERY nice trucks. I'll never buy another Ford again. And as for the person who made the comment about people buying the Toyotas because they can't afford Jeeps, you apparently have not priced one in a while. I paid far more for my Tundra than for my newest Jeep. And yes, they are better than Jeeps in a sense...higher quality, better engineering, and fewer problems. If Toyota made a vehicle similar to the Jeep with most of the Jeep's features (soft top/removeable doors, etc), I would have bought one. Maybe I wouldn't have to do things like replace bumpers, add skid plates, beef up the axles, etc...or be associated with jerks who casually hate someone because of what they drive.

ArmyWrangler2012 04-30-2013 10:13 AM

Get'em Moabite!! Turn up the heat!!

SHADYDC 04-30-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabite (Post 3700867)
Close-minded, bigoted, petty comments like yours don't even deserve a response...but I'll respond anyway. I doubt that the owner of the Toyota even thought about Jeeps when he took his doors off...or maybe he got the idea from Jeeps. It doesn't matter. You're like the people in the "10A Club" who accused me of trying to trick people into thinking I was driving a 10A because I painted my D-rings red. Totally childish BS...and the reason I now totally ignore "their" thread.

I applaud the guy in the Toyota for making his vehicle somewhat unique and definitely increasing the fun factor. Jeep owners don't have the fun market cornered.

I drive a Toyota also...'08 Tundra Limited. It is, by far, the best truck I've ever owned...and I've owned a LOT of VERY nice trucks. I'll never buy another Ford again. And as for the person who made the comment about people buying the Toyotas because they can't afford Jeeps, you apparently have not priced one in a while. I paid far more for my Tundra than for my newest Jeep. And yes, they are better than Jeeps in a sense...higher quality, better engineering, and fewer problems. If Toyota made a vehicle similar to the Jeep with most of the Jeep's features (soft top/removeable doors, etc), I would have bought one. Maybe I wouldn't have to do things like replace bumpers, add skid plates, beef up the axles, etc...or be associated with jerks who casually hate someone because of what they drive.

ppl trying to compare toyotas to jeeps now days are like apples and oranges. they are built to serve 2 differnt purposes, and they both do quiet well in their respected fields

C.L. 04-30-2013 10:28 AM

-Lifted, bigger tires, black rims, winch, lights.
-No chrome/vinyl/spinners.
-Doors off.

He's OK in my book.

Cole Noah 04-30-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabite (Post 3700867)

This would explain my point of jackass toyota owners who get all worked up over something so small. Never said I hated toyota, don't like how the majority of the owners act. Again if it didn't deserve a response, then why respond? That sounds pretty childish to me.

Moabite 04-30-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHADYDC (Post 3700949)
ppl trying to compare toyotas to jeeps now days are like apples and oranges. they are built to serve 2 differnt purposes, and they both do quiet well in their respected fields

Yup (unless you are talking about the FJ Cruiser)...but if you wanna laugh at an abomination:

2014 Toyota 4Runner deploys with sharp edges | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

TheDesertOutlaw 04-30-2013 10:44 AM

I owned a Ford Ranger that was constantly breaking down, costing me $$ and I still like them - here are a few reasons why...

McNeil's Ford in Tijuana
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...36031243_n.jpg

Nice Excursion!
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...99721499_n.jpg

Real nice Ranger!
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...87223268_n.jpg

ratchettt 04-30-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_M_Jeep (Post 3700466)
Everyone has a right to do what they want, but when ever I see a truck or off roader that isn't a wrangler, early FJ, early Bronco, or the like with no doors, TO ME it veritably screams HEY WORLD, I HAVE JEEP ENVY AND THIS IS ALL I COULD AFFORD, IT'S ALMOST AS GOOD THOUGH, SEE ?!?!

But I do understand that Toyota guys and girls want to go doorless too, and that's cool, but you have to wonder why they hate on Jeeps so much....

First of all, I own a Land Cruiser, and my wife a 4 Runner, and I love Jeeps. In fact I'd give up either Toyota before my Jeep. No hater here.

Second, as we ride down the road in our Jeeps, we imagine everyone we pass has p***s envy of our ride, when in fact most think we are fools to spend money on such a useless vehicle..........IMO

jkmohican 04-30-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratchettt (Post 3701078)
Second, as we ride down the road in our Jeeps, we imagine everyone we pass has p***s envy of our ride, when in fact most think we are fools to spend money on such a useless vehicle..........IMO

Before I take this to offense (like some people here), can I ask if you were joking when you said "useless" vehicle? A wrangler is a useless vehicle? Please tell me that's a joke. PLEASE

Oh, and I actually have a number of drivers a week telling me how they (in their words) would do anything to take a ride in my jeep. A lot of them are sexy, too. Again, tell me that comment was a joke.

ratchettt 04-30-2013 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=jkmohican;3701111] A wrangler is a useless vehicle? Please tell me that's a joke. PLEASE

Of course it is NOT a useless vehicle to us. We understand and love the wrangler. We take for granted too often that others do too, when in fact they do not. Contrary to being envious they can't imagine spending the money for one.

schnutzy 04-30-2013 11:36 AM

The name calling, and childish comments/arguments stops NOW!

The next person in this thread who tries my patience is going on a little mandatory vacation from the forum.

jkmohican 04-30-2013 02:29 PM

I understand that. I knew you Didn't really think Wranglers were useless. I was just testing you. Lol. A lot of automotive-disabled people think stupid stuff about any bigger, off road vehicle, thinking they are just good for gas guzzling and looking cool. They think every 4wd is a Hummer in that broad sense.

Duckquackers 04-30-2013 02:39 PM

Nutzy, this is an entertaining forum...

Tarby 04-30-2013 02:52 PM

I always liked the older toyota 4runners...solid axles, and topless, or with soft tops...
[IMG]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...Picture035.jpg[/IMG]

BigManAndy 04-30-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.L. (Post 3700963)
-Lifted, bigger tires, black rims, winch, lights.
-No chrome/vinyl/spinners.
-Doors off.

He's OK in my book.

Agree 100%. I think the guys got a sweet rig.

fan of fanboys 04-30-2013 03:25 PM

I know they're are worse forums out there but this is by far most sensitive forum I've ever seen. Most are good people but high volume of sensitive cry babies. Love to see some of y'all in real life to see how act in person.

fan of fanboys 04-30-2013 03:29 PM

And based on year of that vehicle and time/money owner has in it I am sure they could have afforded same year Wrangler.
It's not like Wranglers are G-wagons where can get pompous on price. I'm sure it's a fun vehicle to piss around here. I don't think the owner would try and say its the best for rock crawling or anything

IslandTJ 04-30-2013 03:54 PM

Better visibility on the trails :)