Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   lift kit decisions (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/lift-kit-decisions-239196.html)

OffRoadCam09 04-30-2013 07:03 AM

lift kit decisions
 
Ok I just swapped out my 33's for 35's an I'm lookin at goin to a bigger lift to replace my 1.5" leveling kit. So my question is should I get the teraflex 2.5" kit or the teraflex 3" kit? I would prefer to keep driveline issues at a minimum. Especially since I have a 2 door, so I feel most will say 2.5" but I just wanted opinions an even pictures of both setups

bill9274 04-30-2013 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 243133

bill9274 04-30-2013 07:13 AM

here is a rough country3.5" series 2 lift. with 35's. i love the look and ride on my 4 door. 2.5" would be plenty i choose 3.5" just because of what all came with the lift. i did add adjustable front track bar

OffRoadCam09 04-30-2013 07:15 AM

Nice looks pretty good

bill9274 04-30-2013 07:17 AM

thanks its a big improvement over stock. all the parts are heavy duty i can imagine breaking or bending anything.

XTRyan 04-30-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffRoadCam09 (Post 3700412)
Ok I just swapped out my 33's for 35's an I'm lookin at goin to a bigger lift to replace my 1.5" leveling kit. So my question is should I get the teraflex 2.5" kit or the teraflex 3" kit? I would prefer to keep driveline issues at a minimum. Especially since I have a 2 door, so I feel most will say 2.5" but I just wanted opinions an even pictures of both setups

Offroadcam,

I would go with the Teraflex 3" Lift Kit because it comes with the adjustable track bar and you'll get an extra half inch of height. that will compensate for the added weight of bumpers and winches.

Pair this kit with a set of quality shocks and you won't be disappointed. If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help.

-Zach

OffRoadCam09 04-30-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain (Post 3700989)

Offroadcam,

I would go with the Teraflex 3" Lift Kit because it comes with the adjustable track bar and you'll get an extra half inch of height. that will compensate for the added weight of bumpers and winches.

Pair this kit with a set of quality shocks and you won't be disappointed. If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help.

-Zach

Thanks for the advice

Proxy404 04-30-2013 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just installed a Teraflex 2.5" lift with 35" duras.

Attachment 243305

The kit took away all of factory rake and completely compensated for the winch and rampage recovery front and rear bumpers. Both front and rear are sitting at the same height. If you're wondering about the ride, it's awesome. So much better than the stock suspension. I'd recommend the 2.5".

OffRoadCam09 04-30-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxy404 (Post 3702368)
Just installed a Teraflex 2.5" lift with 35" duras.

The kit took away all of factory rake and completely compensated for the winch and rampage recovery front and rear bumpers. Both front and rear are sitting at the same height. If you're wondering about the ride, it's awesome. So much better than the stock suspension. I'd recommend the 2.5".

Thanks, nice lookin rig

kjeeper10 04-30-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxy404 (Post 3702368)
Just installed a Teraflex 2.5" lift with 35" duras.

The kit took away all of factory rake and completely compensated for the winch and rampage recovery front and rear bumpers. Both front and rear are sitting at the same height. If you're wondering about the ride, it's awesome. So much better than the stock suspension. I'd recommend the 2.5".

X2

TEra 2.5 is a perfect kit to go with.
Most kits remove the factory rake. example, the TF 2.5 used 3.1 coils in the front and 2.1 in the rear.

2.5" is a nice height to be at avoiding Ds/steering/geometry issues. At minimum, lower CA's to help with handling by increasing caster.

OffRoadCam09 04-30-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3702443)

X2

TEra 2.5 is a perfect kit to go with.
Most kits remove the factory rake. example, the TF 2.5 used 3.1 coils in the front and 2.1 in the rear.

2.5" is a nice height to be at avoiding Ds/steering/geometry issues. At minimum, lower CA's to help with handling by increasing caster.

Thanks man appreciate the input

gsn 04-30-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 3702443)
X2

TEra 2.5 is a perfect kit to go with.
Most kits remove the factory rake. example, the TF 2.5 used 3.1 coils in the front and 2.1 in the rear.

What happens when you put a rear bumper with a tire carrier, and a heavy spare tire on the rear? does it end up looking like an old broken chevy car with a taller front because the rake was removed? Or does it still hold the level?
Isn't that a problem with removing the rake? I would understand not planning on running any load on the rear, but with a beefy bumper, carrier and tire on there plus any cargo load, I believe it would weigh more than a front with a winch and would reverse the rake, no :confused:

I've seen quite a few JKs with a reverse rake where the front is taller, and do not like that look at all.

kjeeper10 04-30-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsn (Post 3702874)
What happens when you put a rear bumper with a tire carrier, and a heavy spare tire on the rear? does it end up looking like an old broken chevy car with a taller front because the rake was removed? Or does it still hold the level?
Isn't that a problem with removing the rake? I would understand not planning on running any load on the rear, but with a beefy bumper, carrier and tire on there plus any cargo load, I believe it would weigh more than a front with a winch and would reverse the rake, no :confused:

I've seen quite a few JKs with a reverse rake where the front is taller, and do not like that look at all.

Most aftermarket coils are rated for weight.

RKracing 04-30-2013 07:46 PM

Tera 2.5" (4 door kit, which is really 3"+) 35" BFG.

bill9274 04-30-2013 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just bought a teraflex tire carrier from extreme terrain they are good guys best price fast shipping. i didnt like the 3rd brake light bracket so i installed a 4" led tail light in my center cap after some trimming.

Attachment 243399

dalearyous 04-30-2013 09:37 PM

have you considered metalcloak?

OffRoadCam09 04-30-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalearyous (Post 3703485)
have you considered metalcloak?

I have but I already have shocks an I can just get the teraflex kit for a lot cheaper

fastNugly 05-01-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill9274 (Post 3700424)
here is a rough country3.5" series 2 lift. with 35's. i love the look and ride on my 4 door. 2.5" would be plenty i choose 3.5" just because of what all came with the lift. i did add adjustable front track bar

How you liking the RC kit.
RC kits aren't as common on JK's

I have an RC kit on my ram 1500 and love it...

Any feedback you can share is appreciated.

suicideking 05-01-2013 01:15 AM

If you're planning to wheel it, I'd do 3" or 3.5". If not wheeling, 2.5" should be fine.

I was in a similar situation -- Had 33's and a 2.5" RK lift. I went to 35's and had some major rubbing problems when wheeling. No problems on the street though.

OffRoadCam09 05-01-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking (Post 3704349)
If you're planning to wheel it, I'd do 3" or 3.5". If not wheeling, 2.5" should be fine.

I was in a similar situation -- Had 33's and a 2.5" RK lift. I went to 35's and had some major rubbing problems when wheeling. No problems on the street though.

Do wheel quite a bit so ill take this into consideration. Also plan to chop the fenders or get some flatties just depends on money

bill9274 05-01-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 3704328)

How you liking the RC kit.
RC kits aren't as common on JK's

I have an RC kit on my ram 1500 and love it...

Any feedback you can share is appreciated.

So far i love it it rides great it drives good flexes good the limiting factor on flex is bump stops and shocks and the n2.0s have as much travel as any shock under $300 a pop. I dont have the rear end skipping around on wash boards on the back roads its like they are just a small bump now.

fastNugly 05-01-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill9274 (Post 3705035)
So far i love it it rides great it drives good flexes good the limiting factor on flex is bump stops and shocks and the n2.0s have as much travel as any shock under $300 a pop. I dont have the rear end skipping around on wash boards on the back roads its like they are just a small bump now.

Thanks for the feedback. The price of the RC kit at $499 is half of of another kit. Which is why I'm asking.....

Savora 05-01-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxy404 (Post 3702368)
Just installed a Teraflex 2.5" lift with 35" duras.

Where did u find Duratacs in a 35 ??? I had them in 33s and would have stayed with them IF they had made them in a 35, but they didn't so I went with Kevlars.

I'm running the RC 2.5" coil spring lift then added all the extra weight of front/rear bumpers, winch, swing out carrier, and every skid plate rock hard makes so I added a .75" Daystar budget boost (cheap and easy $40) and I've had no issues running either way.

Farnham21 05-01-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savora (Post 3705227)

Where did u find Duratacs in a 35 ??? I had them in 33s and would have stayed with them IF they had made them in a 35, but they didn't so I went with Kevlars.

I'm running the RC 2.5" coil spring lift then added all the extra weight of front/rear bumpers, winch, swing out carrier, and every skid plate rock hard makes so I added a .75" Daystar budget boost (cheap and easy $40) and I've had no issues running either way.

What size wheel do you have? They only carry 35s in duratracs 17" wheel sizes. (Maybe 16 I'm not sure but for sure not 15")

fastNugly 05-01-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savora (Post 3705227)
Where did u find Duratacs in a 35 ??? I had them in 33s and would have stayed with them IF they had made them in a 35, but they didn't so I went with Kevlars.

I'm running the RC 2.5" coil spring lift then added all the extra weight of front/rear bumpers, winch, swing out carrier, and every skid plate rock hard makes so I added a .75" Daystar budget boost (cheap and easy $40) and I've had no issues running either way.

How you liking the RC kit?
How long have you had it?

bill9274 05-01-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 3705195)

Thanks for the feedback. The price of the RC kit at $499 is half of of another kit. Which is why I'm asking.....

the rough country stuff catches a bad rap because they dont sale to the big box stores like quadra trac and 4wheel parts and they sponsor these forums.

jcrawler93 05-01-2013 09:55 AM

Nahh Rough Country gets bad rep from the guys who wasted over $800 for a 3in and they see that rough country lifts are more economical and better so they just talk Shi** and say it's a piece of crap. :D:D:D

XTRyan 05-01-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 3705195)
Thanks for the feedback. The price of the RC kit at $499 is half of of another kit. Which is why I'm asking.....

FastNugly,

Rough Country makes a great kit for the price. It will give you the clearance to run larger tires and rides very close to stock.

There are a good bit of Jeeps with Rough Country Lift Kits on this forum. If you actually talk to someone who is running one will say they're happy with the kit.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Zach

Savora 05-01-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly (Post 3705259)
How you liking the RC kit?
How long have you had it?

I've had my RC a year now and yes I love mine, also bought my daughter one for her TJ and a few of my buddies have them, we are all happy with RC.

And yes I have 15's so no Duratracs for me in a 35 :nonono:

jcrawler93 05-01-2013 10:06 AM

You can actually get RC lifts brand new from the vendors at others forums at way better prices lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.