Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   thinking of selling the rubicon (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/thinking-of-selling-the-rubicon-239260.html)

Hellcat03 04-30-2013 01:18 PM

thinking of selling the rubicon
 
Hey guys looking for opinions on the jku's... looking to get rid of my rubi and get a new 4 door sport.. i dont know any of the issues with the new wrangler so any help would be great.. and if anyone might be in the market for a 03 rubicon with 80k let me know.. granted this is just up in the air but i wanted some opinions on guys with the 4 door jks

jasongind 04-30-2013 01:23 PM

This seems to be a new trend, lots of people selling their TJ for a JKu. My '04 Rubicon is posted for sale too LOL.

TheDesertOutlaw 04-30-2013 01:41 PM

Too much sentimental value with my '03 to sell it. Good luck with your sale, and let us know how you like your new Jeep! :)

Timberline 04-30-2013 01:42 PM

That thing will be gone in a heartbeat around here, especially being a Rubi with low miles!!

Hellcat03 04-30-2013 01:55 PM

Yeah with me and the wife starting on the whole kid thing my rubicon is too small and too tall lol.. i love my rubicon but i gotta actually get smart on things.. plus if i can get a new one with warranty on it i wont have to worry about 2 jeeps breaking down and repairing lol

1quick1 04-30-2013 02:50 PM

Nothing major to report other than DEFINITELY make sure that you do NOT get 3.21 gears. They are garbage. 3.73's are a $50 option on the sports and 4.10's are standard on Rubi. Other than that if you can swing a 2011 or newer it will have the much improved interior or if you can swing a 2012+ you'll have the new engine and 5 speed auto if you go the auto route.

Hellcat03 04-30-2013 02:58 PM

Yeah im currently looking at a 2013 its gecko green hard top only bad thing is that its an automatic.. not a fan of autos

1quick1 04-30-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcat03 (Post 3702118)
Yeah im currently looking at a 2013 its gecko green hard top only bad thing is that its an automatic.. not a fan of autos

The new autos are nice and shift great but with that said I went 6spd as well :punk:

COLOUJK 04-30-2013 05:43 PM

Did they fix the head issue on the Pentastars on the 13's? There is an issue with the 12's that some need to have the heads replaced. They had a bad casting. Seems very similar to the 2000 Cherokee.

Hellcat03 04-30-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLOUJK (Post 3702709)
Did they fix the head issue on the Pentastars on the 13's? There is an issue with the 12's that some need to have the heads replaced. They had a bad casting. Seems very similar to the 2000 Cherokee.

I will definitely look into that!

fireguy 04-30-2013 06:28 PM

I have a 04 Rubicon that works extremely well here on CO trails. I have a few that would be really tight for the JKU we have. Kind of planning on using the JKU for Utah and AZ wheeling for the most part and it is our primary driver also. I really like the size and room in the JKU. We decided to go with the auto trans because I like being able to creep and crawl without riding and feathering the clutch off road. The Jk is really comfortable and gets decent fuel mileage. We are fortunate to have both Jeeps and it is hard for me to say which one I preferred over the other. I would try to get a later produced 13 as there were some problems with L/S cylinder heads on 12's and a few early 13's. The auto trans is really great and if you are contemplating between the two definately drive them both, the 5 speed auto is pretty sweet. Went with Gecko love the color, you do not miss them on the road that is for sure, saw one coming from the other direction yeaterday and spotted it from a half mile away.

Colo-TJ 04-30-2013 06:33 PM

Good luck. I'm past the kid phase so ill be keeping the TJ.

JeepandMud 04-30-2013 07:13 PM

I say keep the TJ and use it for off roading, then get the JKU for daily driving and some trails :thumb: Even if I do the kid route we have David's 4 door Saturn to drive the kid(s) around :rofl:

Hellcat03 04-30-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepandMud (Post 3703024)
I say keep the TJ and use it for off roading, then get the JKU for daily driving and some trails :thumb: Even if I do the kid route we have David's 4 door Saturn to drive the kid(s) around :rofl:

Well i wish i could keep it and buy new but i cant afford 3 car payments lol.. her lifted wk is good for around town just was thinking warranty for a few years would be nice.. plus with my rubi on trail im still a wuss so having the jku would make it easier to say no on a run. :-)

Greejk35 04-30-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcat03 (Post 3701745)
Hey guys looking for opinions on the jku's... looking to get rid of my rubi and get a new 4 door sport.. i dont know any of the issues with the new wrangler so any help would be great.. and if anyone might be in the market for a 03 rubicon with 80k let me know.. granted this is just up in the air but i wanted some opinions on guys with the 4 door jks

Post pics and how much you want. I may be able to help you out here.

Colo-TJ 04-30-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greejk35 (Post 3703801)

Post pics and how much you want. I may be able to help you out here.

I'll tell ya now that I stand by nick and this rig. I've seen it in action on several occasions and it'll go where you point it.

JeepandMud 05-01-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcat03 (Post 3703396)
Well i wish i could keep it and buy new but i cant afford 3 car payments lol.. her lifted wk is good for around town just was thinking warranty for a few years would be nice.. plus with my rubi on trail im still a wuss so having the jku would make it easier to say no on a run. :-)

Your not gonna say no to a trail lol. Your too addicted like all of us are :D

Hellcat03 05-01-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepandMud (Post 3704402)

Your not gonna say no to a trail lol. Your too addicted like all of us are :D

True true.. i know in the long run the jku will end up looking like the tj lol but were not gonna tell the wife that!

Hellcat03 05-01-2013 08:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 243655



Attachment 243656



Attachment 243657

Hellcat03 05-01-2013 08:29 AM

And i also gotta figure out what i owe on her versus what she is worth.. if i owe too much ill keep her until next spring then buy the jku.. i still need to paint the hood, rhino line the rock guards and replace all bushings on the suspension. I did take Chad' s advise and i just installed jks quick disconnects and replaced steering stabilizer shock..

C6Rubicon 05-01-2013 11:09 AM

Long time no see Nick. I traded my 06 LJ Rubi on my 12 JKUR. I loved my 06 but love the 12 much more. The new engine and 5 speed auto are great. I'd go with the Rubi if you can afford it. I don't think you would regret the trade. :D If you want I can hook you up with a friend that works at Pollard in Boulder (where I bought mine) for a test drive or to talk a deal.

Justin04Lj 05-01-2013 11:14 AM

I have also been tempted many times to trade mine in. I just dunno if I could live with myself lol. The 4 door is so much more practical for life and families. Maybe I'll pay off the lj and get a new jk when they finally put the diesel in. Which who knows when that is.

Hellcat03 05-01-2013 12:22 PM

I wish i could afford another rubicon but that is soooooo over priced lol.. and i got a sales manager at my dealership who is good friends of the manager at southwest jeep right next door that i can at least get a new one at cost... just hate having to get rid of a rubicon that ive wanted since 2003.. but i gotta think logically now lol :-(

chrisfp88 05-02-2013 12:15 PM

So did you figure out if you are pulling the trigger?

chuckr 05-02-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin04Lj (Post 3705913)
I have also been tempted many times to trade mine in. I just dunno if I could live with myself lol. The 4 door is so much more practical for life and families. Maybe I'll pay off the lj and get a new jk when they finally put the diesel in. Which who knows when that is.

Last thing I read was 2015, but....

Hellcat03 05-02-2013 05:59 PM

Haven't pulled the trigger yet.. in conflict with wife about more years of car payment.. may lease to buy now.. test drove it! Good horsepower even with the lame 3.21 gears.. hate auto but i could get use to it.. has to be lifted though.. they sit to low.. well at least 33s under her with a level kit fenders and rock guards..

chrisfp88 05-02-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcat03 (Post 3711812)
Haven't pulled the trigger yet.. in conflict with wife about more years of car payment.. may lease to buy now.. test drove it! Good horsepower even with the lame 3.21 gears.. hate auto but i could get use to it.. has to be lifted though.. they sit to low.. well at least 33s under her with a level kit fenders and rock guards..

I got some jk 2.5" rough country coils with your name on them. Lol.

chrisfp88 05-02-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcat03 (Post 3711812)
Haven't pulled the trigger yet.. in conflict with wife about more years of car payment.. may lease to buy now.. test drove it! Good horsepower even with the lame 3.21 gears.. hate auto but i could get use to it.. has to be lifted though.. they sit to low.. well at least 33s under her with a level kit fenders and rock guards..

Also get 3.73 gears if possible. On my 2012 jku they were tolerable with 35s

Hellcat03 05-02-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3711882)

I got some jk 2.5" rough country coils with your name on them. Lol.

Yes!

Hellcat03 05-02-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfp88 (Post 3711885)

Also get 3.73 gears if possible. On my 2012 jku they were tolerable with 35s

Only gecko green sport left thats under 30k in price..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.