Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   What headlight bulbs are you using?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/what-headlight-bulbs-are-you-using-239527.html)

movi3king 05-01-2013 03:46 PM

What headlight bulbs are you using??

Hey guys, Ive been using a set of hellas as replacements for my stock lights. i have a special wire harness that can handle the higher wattage bulbs. (not sure what the kit was called.)

As bulbs ive been using Osram 85/80 H4's and in all honesty i love them but its getting a little too expensive having to replace blown lights every 6 weeks. The osram bulbs are known to have a short life but up till now i was sucking up the cost due to the light output ($20+ a bulb).

I am wondering if anyone knows what H4 bulbs are comparable to the osram 85/80 bulbs. Pics of your baby sporting them would be nice too.

Thanks in advance

chevymad 05-01-2013 11:55 PM

I've been using a 100/80 H4 from Napa. Awesome light and i've been using them probably 3months now.. no burnouts yet.

CoyoteOn2 05-02-2013 01:10 AM

Bulb >> 90/100W Narva or Philips Rally:

Lamp Housing >> Cibie H4 E code headlamps

Two years running, never a burn out or filament vibration break.

Purchased my supplies, Lights / Bulbs / Relays / Harness from

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

after recommendations from members and reading the many write ups / reviews

on his products / services on THIS FORUM. (try a search for many articles)

The bulbs I'm using run @ $20.59 ea, but TWO YEARS, That's just penneys.

movi3king 05-13-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoyoteOn2 (Post 3709168)
Bulb >> 90/100W Narva or Philips Rally:

Lamp Housing >> Cibie H4 E code headlamps

Two years running, never a burn out or filament vibration break.

Purchased my supplies, Lights / Bulbs / Relays / Harness from

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

after recommendations from members and reading the many write ups / reviews

on his products / services on THIS FORUM. (try a search for many articles)

The bulbs I'm using run @ $20.59 ea, but TWO YEARS, That's just penneys.

Thanks so much guys.

Any chance you can give me an exact model number on the bulb just so I could do some more research and shop around? Very interested in ordering it ASAP.

Thanks for everything!

CoyoteOn2 05-15-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movi3king (Post 3753379)
Thanks so much guys.

Any chance you can give me an exact model number on the bulb just so I could do some more research and shop around? Very interested in ordering it ASAP.

Thanks for everything!

NARVA
BOXED............... BLISTER PACK ...................VOLTAGE ......................WATTAGE
48901 ..................48901BL ...........................12V ...........................100/90W

PHILIPS RALLY
12569RA ..........................................12V ........................100/90W

Do a Google Search to find other REVIEWS or sources /
Suppliers if your not comfortable using the Link I Provided

{ Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply }

movi3king 05-17-2013 03:19 PM

One of my bulbs just blew (AGAIN) so just ordered a pair of narvas.
waiting on arrival and will post back on how i like them.

Thanks

movi3king 02-11-2014 11:30 PM

Tried out lifetimeled's "Headlight kit" was not satisfied and sent it back. I like some of their products but not all.

SO i raise the question again... What bulbs are you using?
I dont mind something super white but it must be bright as hell... I run my rigid D2's (which are replacements for my original fogs...) with them occasionally and would love for the 2 colors to match. But output in quality is my goal. Wattage and lumens is nice but i rather have something worth the money.

I try to shy away from custom kits and would like to stick to a bulb over a replacement kit....

chevymad 02-12-2014 12:06 AM

I'm still running the same set of napa 80/100s.

IcarusLSC 02-12-2014 12:58 AM

Sub'd as I'm interested in this too.

I'm running Cibies with Narva +50 60/55W and one burned out today after about 1.5yrs. I'm looking for something brighter and whiter as well. Running relays with 10g wire, so wattage isn't an issue, though I don't want them blinding for others around me :)

commodore_dude 02-12-2014 01:54 PM

I've been running IPF Fatboys for about 3 years, although one did burn out after about 18 months which was disappointing. I'll probably switch to something with more normal wattage like Osram Silverstars if I have any more longevity issues with them. They are awesome, though :)

Kingcat 02-13-2014 08:10 PM

Sounds like you need these

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.Uv16x3-9KSM