Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Every Time (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/every-time-239799.html)

Banditt135 05-02-2013 04:40 PM

Every Time

Every time i look at my jeep i see something new i want to change! With all the aftermarket parts i don't think i ever will finish. And i Love every second if it! Anybody else have this problem?

dawhitesJKU 05-02-2013 04:44 PM

i haven't had steak in a while bcuz i saved up to purchase wheels/tires. now i'm not gonna have steak bcuz i'm saving up for my lift.

JeeperJake 05-02-2013 04:56 PM

Being a retired geezer, I've got a different plan: I eat steak when I want to.

I celebrate my stock 08JK does everything and more than I want, need or expected.

I live in the rural Oregon Outback, and have ample choices of off-road and gravel road and fire road and open spaces to keep the day interesting. There isn't a day go by, or a ride/errand/jaunt around the area, that I don't get a tremendous benefit from the basic engineering. I've done light logging/farming/hauling/gardening under a wide range of pleasurable tasks under the guise of 'getting my chores done'. HAR!~!!!

I cheer those that mod to find their dreams. The unending extent of choices and products is boggling. I barely have time to go thru the Jeep catalog before an even newer one is dumped in my box.

I'm going to change oil/filters in the next week....probably can't really consider THAT a mod....

dawhitesJKU 05-02-2013 05:13 PM

[QUOTE=JeeperJake;3711651]
The unending extent of choices and products is boggling. I barely have time to go thru the Jeep catalog before an even newer one is dumped in my box.QUOTE]

that really made me laugh because that is exactly how i feel. My quadratec catalogs come too frequent.

st1264 05-02-2013 08:35 PM

Tons of parts for the Wrangler... it's endless. You can go nuts or do just a little or be like the soccer mom who never takes the top off.

I started modding little things, I'm sure it's going to lead to bigger and better. So far, shorty antenna, spiderwebshade and KC 5" fogs on brackets. Now I want new wheels. After that, who knows.

flipmeover 05-02-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banditt135 (Post 3711598)
Every time i look at my jeep i see something new i want to change! With all the aftermarket parts i don't think i ever will finish. And i Love every second if it! Anybody else have this problem?

I'm the same way. My every waking minute that I'm not working or with the kids, I'm looking at this d@mn forum for what I want to do next. The wife has accused me of having an affair with my Jeep, and I couldn't honestly deny it :)

The thing I can't figure out is how everyone can afford to do all these mods. I see tons of '12 and '13 JKs with lifts, A/M wheels, A/M bumpers, rock rails, etc, etc. I'm a senior engineer in the aerospace industry and thought I made a decent living, but I can't afford to do crap. I'm starting to think everyone on this site is a brain surgeon/multiple lottery winner or there's a secret site I haven't yet found to get 90% off all jeep parts. Anyone else feel my pain?

Banditt135 05-03-2013 06:52 PM

I know what you mean. I see them all tricked out, and I'm saving every penny just to get tires and wheels. And at the rate I'm going it's gonna be a while.

Abnormal-JK 05-03-2013 07:48 PM

Some of us don't have wives! And the girls don't mind paying since we got a Jeep! LOL

It is an addiction... And now a priority :)

flipmeover 05-03-2013 09:12 PM

Well... maybe if I could get the kids working in a sweatshop and the wife to turn tricks we could all chip in for a lift and wheels. I'll have to run it by her in the morning.

ONETANGO 05-03-2013 09:52 PM

I can relate....I have a big list of stuff I want. Next will be grill inserts and THEN a new set of tires. I am leaning toward Duratracs or some Cooper tires that look great.
It will never end!

st1264 05-03-2013 10:00 PM

I want Cooper's & American Racing Fuel (black w/machined rim) wheels... just have to save up for them :thumb:

This stuff aint cheap.

JeepJkJoe 05-03-2013 10:31 PM

Yeah I don't know how many times I've told the wife "this is the last thing". I've used the better fuel mileage excuse one too many times and I think she's on to me.

LameStory 05-03-2013 10:48 PM

I debated for awhile between buying a Rubicon or getting a Sport and just building it up. I finally decided on a COD edition because it already had the better bumpers and rails and everything else I thought I wanted so I thought I wouldn't have to worry about mods. I was wrong. So very wrong.

flipmeover 05-04-2013 04:57 AM

One of the dealerships I looked at had a COD edition. Pretty spendy (definitely out of my budget), but looked BA right out of the box. :punk: Sorry to hear it didn't help the mod fever though. I guess there really is no cure...

Brewbek 05-04-2013 06:58 AM

Its an illness alright. I've just done little stuff so far. Black logo, shorty antenna, floor liners and 9mm valve stem caps. Next year tires/wheels and lift. This summer, natural gas into my shop, new furnace, new lighting and tighten up the insulation. I may put the furnace on blocks so I can say I installed a lift. :hide: