Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Help PLZ (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/help-plz-239808.html)

97Snyder 05-02-2013 06:05 PM

Help PLZ
 
I am reassembling the 2.5l on my 97 se and the Haynes manual said 19ftlb of torgue for the rocker bolts and that snapped the bolt in half..... Do I need new bolts or is that the wrong torgue??

JimsJeep 05-02-2013 06:42 PM

I checked my books and Haynes states 19ft lbs The Chrysler manual says 21 so your right on. Bolts do brake, so good luck.

97Snyder 05-02-2013 07:07 PM

Looks like Lol faithful torque wrench died..... we bought a new one at advance $28 and it worked great and didn't break any more bolts... what a sad day I've had this tool since I was 5 :(

Thanks for the help!!!

1jeeplvr 05-02-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97Snyder (Post 3712077)
Looks like Lol faithful torque wrench died..... we bought a new one at advance $28 and it worked great and didn't break any more bolts... what a sad day I've had this tool since I was 5 :(

Thanks for the help!!!

I hope you give it a good burial.It was a good torque wrench....

97Snyder 05-02-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1jeeplvr (Post 3712103)

I hope you give it a good burial.It was a good torque wrench....

It will go in the man cave as a paper weight or I may make it into something else....

PHILDABEAST 05-02-2013 09:13 PM

You could get it repaired/calibrated. Work requires mine to get calibrated anually.

97Snyder 05-02-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILDABEAST (Post 3712605)
You could get it repaired/calibrated. Work requires mine to get calibrated anually.

I have thought about this but am unsure where it could be done around here or how much it should cost.

PHILDABEAST 05-02-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97Snyder (Post 3712711)

I have thought about this but am unsure where it could be done around here or how much it should cost.

The place we use is an equipment rental company that is a proto tool dealer but the brand of torque wrench doesn't matter. Mine are mac and matco. I'm not sure what it costs since the company I work for pays for it, all I do is sign a blank ticket.

distortedtj 05-02-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97Snyder (Post 3712515)
It will go in the man cave as a paper weight or I may make it into something else....

Manual trans??? New stick shifter rod. :D

97Snyder 05-03-2013 02:14 PM

HAHA yeah that would turn some heads.. I was thinking recliner handle.

97Snyder 05-07-2013 02:56 PM

Thank you guys for the help I have the jeep up and running perfect now!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.