Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Build Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f330/)
-   -   Transmission issue??!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f330/transmission-issue-239905.html)

trail-n YJ 05-03-2013 01:40 AM

Transmission issue??!!
 
I was driving home tonight and I was in forth gear going around 50-55 and my jeep had started pulling back as if it was out of gas but had a full tank, but if i was to go into 5th or 3rd the problem with not continue?! Now my thoughts are that fourth gear is going out but I'm no pro so advice? It's my dd at the moment so I'm hopeing it's something I can get fixed with good time.

AllMudd 05-03-2013 08:09 AM

What engine and Xsmn do you have? Might help some people figure out what's goin on.

sethhunt 05-03-2013 08:31 AM

I had my ax5 throw a snap ring through my cluster gear. It happens because it gets hot and loses its strength.

trail-n YJ 05-03-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllMudd (Post 3714172)
What engine and Xsmn do you have? Might help some people figure out what's goin on.

That would Neapolitan my bad its 2.5 4 banger with the ax-5 tranny




Quote:

Originally Posted by sethhunt (Post 3714243)
I had my ax5 throw a snap ring through my cluster gear. It happens because it gets hot and loses its strength.

So basically needs to be rebuilt or new one

Beachcruiser 05-03-2013 10:52 AM

Common problem w/ the AX-5....since you have to pull the trans, you might want to look into the swap to a stouter AX-15. There's a couple of write-ups on the process out there.

trail-n YJ 05-03-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachcruiser (Post 3714778)
Common problem w/ the AX-5....since you have to pull the trans, you might want to look into the swap to a stouter AX-15. There's a couple of write-ups on the process out there.

Yea I was looking at actually doing a NV4500 swap anyway that way it's there when I get my diesel motor


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.