Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Utah Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f61/)
-   -   Inbound (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f61/inbound-239929.html)

Cunnart 05-03-2013 07:24 AM

Inbound

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. I'm moving to Cedar hills in a few weeks for work so I look forward to meeting some of ya. I'll be living with family while I try to find a more permanent place to live as I'll be working in south SLC. Trying to find some where cheap that wont mind the dog. I don't mind a 30+ minute commute since coming from the DC area SLC traffic pales in comparison. My wife is also looking for a job as a chemist if anyone knows of anything. :thumb:

Cwalch3 05-07-2013 02:59 PM

Check out Sandy, West Jordan, South Jordan, Lehi, American Fork, Pleasant Grove, Bountiful, Murray. Just a few options - it depends on what county you want to live in. Also, what kind of experience does your wife have? you can Message me.

Cunnart 05-08-2013 05:04 AM

Do the county's make a big difference?
I'm not looking forward to trying to get our Jeeps past state inspection either. Seems UT state inspection is much stricter than PA. I expected that I'd need to put mud flaps and fender flares on it but it looks like I might need new front bumpers on both my LJ and JK, lame.

Cwalch3 05-09-2013 12:22 PM

if the tires stick out farther than 2 inches on the side, then you will need Fender Flares, if it's just the lift / tire exposure you are worried about then yes, get mud flaps. they are pretty strict out here but I came from Cali, so I was kind of used to it. Good Luck!

Cwalch3 05-09-2013 12:24 PM

P.S. There are more Mormons in Utah County - if that matters haha and Salt Lake is a little more liberal. Those are really the two major differences. living expenses tend to be a cheaper in UTah County.

mrpotatohead 05-11-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwalch3 (Post 3737533)
if the tires stick out farther than 2 inches on the side, then you will need Fender Flares, if it's just the lift / tire exposure you are worried about then yes, get mud flaps. they are pretty strict out here but I came from Cali, so I was kind of used to it. Good Luck!

I've been here a day and I've noticed that. Everyone has mud flaps or bushwhackers.

I've also noticed that the majority of Jeep people don't wave back... They just stare at me like I just raped their mother.

errollins13 05-14-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpotatohead (Post 3746241)

I've been here a day and I've noticed that. Everyone has mud flaps or bushwhackers.

I've also noticed that the majority of Jeep people don't wave back... They just stare at me like I just raped their mother.

X2 I just moved out here too and almost no one waves

SuicideSaints 05-15-2013 03:28 PM

yeah I do not what it is about utah but no one waves, the flares and flaps are mandated by state inspections.

mrpotatohead 05-15-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwalch3 (Post 3737533)

CHP harassed me a couple times about window tint but for the most part they seemed lax on vehicle mods. However, I get mean mugged often by police on my way to/from work on the 15. My Jeep is one giant fix it ticket by the way things are looking here.

austinkbrown 05-25-2013 12:17 AM

I'm in south utah county the farther south you go the nicer the people I wave at everyone and they wave back cops have never mentioned my flares or no flaps I guess they just figure it's a jeep down here

damndirtydog 05-27-2013 03:43 PM

I'm also heading to Utah as soon as I can get my house sold here in Florida.
I am so not looking foreward to dealing with Utah vehicle laws and inspections.
Here in Florida, it's no mufflers...no problem. No fenders, doors, mirrors, hoods...no problem, etc. We have no inspections, it's a wonderful thing.
I'll be living in Ogden for about a year while my wife and I start building over in Eden.
Short of the Mormon chuch controlling the liquor laws in Utah, every Mormon I've encountered in the last 6 years we've had our vacation home in Ogden have been good people.
I look foreward to getting out there soon and wheeling with some of you all.