Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   New Jeep Purchase Advice (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/new-jeep-purchase-advice-240168.html)

FLGator 05-04-2013 09:39 AM

New Jeep Purchase Advice

I have never owned a Jeep but after having my brother show up in a new Rubicon I think I have to have one!

My question is that I really want to stay around the 20k mark but I hear the new Pennastar V6 is the only way to go. So should I just go with a used 12 Sport Model or should I forget about the year and just get a low mileage JK that I like.

I don't plan to do any crazy stuff off road but I would like to be able to hit a few trails when I like, at least to start. I plan to use this as my daily driver also. Any good arrows to help point me in the right direction would be awesome. I'm excited to get a JK!

Redduc99 05-06-2013 04:42 PM

Well I spent 6 months looking for the right Rubi and it had a 3.8. It was in my price range with all the fully loaded options and perfect color. The day before I picked it up and made the mistake of driving anew 3.6. What a amazing difference. The 3.8 is a dog. So now I spent almost double what I originally budgeted and the wrong color. I didn't get any of the options and been spending every extra penny on it. I'm very happy though

ratchettt 05-07-2013 01:25 PM

My advice is get the Pentastar engine.

C6Rubicon 05-07-2013 02:14 PM

Get the 2012 or 13. You won't be disappointed. Plus if you go with an auto tranny you get a 5 speed instead of 4.

Wrangler part 2 05-07-2013 04:49 PM

a staight 6 is the way to go but thats a different story. I now have the a 2013 JK and love it

dawhitesJKU 05-07-2013 05:06 PM

@OP, i guess that answers you question. a used 2012 will be priced just a bit less than its 2013 counterpart but not by much.

barnettd 05-08-2013 03:55 PM

I have an 08 JKU manual. The only time I miss the 3.6 Pentastar is on the interstate... around town I have no issues.
I like it, fun to drive and its paid for!

FLGator 05-08-2013 05:30 PM

Awesome, I appreciate all the feedback!

Even though I'd rather have a little more than a sport to start out with, I found a couple 12's in my price range. Really I just ready to have a damn Jeep already! Thanks for all your input and I'll be sure to come back and post up pictures of my new jeep and start looking at mods...great thing is I do LED lighting ....so the lights are an easy mod right from the start!

Thanks again for all the feedback! This forum :punk:

FLGator 05-11-2013 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here's the deal...

Went shopping and found a Jeep. Wasn't 100% that was what I wanted but as soon as I test drove it....SOLD! Due to not being rich and having a budget I had to suffer a bit and didn't get all the extras I would have wanted nor did I get the color I wanted but I couldn't be happier. So in the picture you will see my New 2012 Jeep!

Thanks again to everyone for the help and feedback you provided! :thumb: