Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   05 lj soft top question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/05-lj-soft-top-question-240587.html)

04sti20 05-06-2013 11:27 AM

05 lj soft top question

Hey guys/ gals. I bought an 05 lj about a year ago and now I feel it's time to take the hard top off. I've never took it off before. When I bought it, it came with the soft top but I never really looked at it till now. It seems to be a soft top without windows. Anyone know if they didnt give me the windows? Or can I just buy the windows? Will they attach to my top?

RubiCobra 05-06-2013 11:31 AM

Sometimes they had the rear and side windows rolled up in the top...

But if you don't have windows, you can buy them and they'll zip right in. I would buy tinted ones from bestop if it were me.

Eatapeach 05-06-2013 11:35 AM

Same thing happened with my '03.
Bought it used and figured the windows were trashed/ misplaced.

Ordered a TrekTop NX...

Neil F. 05-06-2013 11:57 AM

Dual top models come with the frame attached and folded down with the hard top on. (you are supposed to take the top off and the softtop out). The windows and door surrounds were in boxes. I guess you did not get those.

The surrounds cost about 100 used. Yes you can buy LJ windows but they are expensive. You probably are missing the tailgate bar also, and I don't know if the tailgate bar clips are attached to the tub.

04sti20 05-06-2013 01:53 PM

I probably am missing the tailgate bar. Haha. I never thought to ask the dealer because they were just like it comes with the soft top. So I assumed everything was there. I never trust dealers. Ill have to look to see if they are rolled up in there but I doubt it. So ill take a look. Thanks guys. I would get tinted ones though. My front windows are tinted.

paul1 05-06-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04sti20 (Post 3725388)
I probably am missing the tailgate bar. Haha. I never thought to ask the dealer because they were just like it comes with the soft top. So I assumed everything was there. I never trust dealers. Ill have to look to see if they are rolled up in there but I doubt it. So ill take a look. Thanks guys. I would get tinted ones though. My front windows are tinted.

Mine came with a soft top too when I bought it from a dealer. Its missing the door surrounds and all the bolt things that attach it to the frame. I should've looked it over too

04sti20 05-06-2013 02:15 PM

That sucks. I'm sure now, a year later, they wouldn't have it sitting around either.

Rrp0968 05-06-2013 03:04 PM

Where are you located.... I have an extra set of LJ Soft Top Windows I can sell. Almost perfect except for one small crease in the rear.

And they are Tinted BTW.

Let me know

Ron

04sti20 05-06-2013 08:37 PM

Soft top

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrp0968 (Post 3725651)
Where are you located.... I have an extra set of LJ Soft Top Windows I can sell. Almost perfect except for one small crease in the rear.

And they are Tinted BTW.

Let me know

Ron

Buffalo. All three windows? Is there anything else I need?

Neil F. 05-07-2013 05:15 AM

(may want to confirm what color) You will need door surrounds, tailgate bar and tailgate bar retainer clips