Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   This is why i hate mud. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/this-is-why-i-hate-mud-240752.html)

SteelBlue44 05-06-2013 04:53 PM

This is why i hate mud.

Title says it all.
My buddies with a TJ, XJ, and LJ made it no problem...so i gave it a shot, mind you i had no doors on. Their is currently an ocean in the back of my Jeep.
Mud pit, i hate it. - YouTube

I didnt see that huge rock at the end, it threw off my steering a little :banghead:

About a half hour after going through the mud pit.. noticed my battery wasnt charging..stopped to check it out and my Jeep started overeating. (too much mud jammed in the radiator)
Found out that i fried my alternator and had to goto Autozone to pick one up and install it. :punk:
On the way home, my Jeep overheated two ore times, so i had a buddy come pick me up with a flat bed :facepalm:
Looks like i sucked up a little water and messed up a couple electronics, but all in all a great day of wheeling, and an expensive one at that.

Never been a fan of mud...was always one for rock crawling, but i fell into peer pressure and went for it. Lets just say no more mud for me :thumb:

SteelBlue44 05-06-2013 04:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Water line...and Jeeps, on Jeeps, on Jeeps

Mishimoto 05-06-2013 05:05 PM

Looks like a pretty good time despite the problems!

4X Junkie 05-06-2013 05:10 PM

if your steering is off now, make sure the tierod/ draglink isn't bent.

PStov98TJ 05-06-2013 05:22 PM

I'd also check all fluids, ie tranny fluid, t-case, and diffs. Water/mud may have gotten in.

Just wondering, what year, engine, and tranny do you have?

Barmanvarn 05-06-2013 05:24 PM

Glad you had fun, did make me giggle a bit....

"you wanna winch?" (back up, hit it again, no go)
Rinse, Lather, Repeat....

Kudos for making it without the winch. And give that guy with the camera that was laughing a nice love tap for us. :)

SteelBlue44 05-06-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3726214)
Glad you had fun, did make me giggle a bit....

Rinse, Lather, Repeat....

Kudos for making it without the winch. And give that guy with the camera that was laughing a nice love tap for us. :)

:rofl: I was determined to make it! Great day of wheeling all around, until this.

Im having all the fluids/diffs checked now. Tie rods dont seems to be bent at all, which is a little surprising.
1997 4.0L Ax-15

s14sh3r 05-06-2013 05:46 PM

I got mine in a water hole last week that was about 3 feet deep with a soft muddy bottom. Checked my diffs and transmission and no water, but I'm hearing a sound at the front of the engine. There's a layer of silt covering everything. I guess it's worked its way into something or other. :rolleyes:

1jeeplvr 05-06-2013 07:01 PM

Mud is fun at that moment.Then it sucks.Although Ive never damaged anything in mud or water only a rock last month at R/C

PStov98TJ 05-06-2013 07:10 PM

Very true^^ Mud is fun till you have to clean it all up. But where I live, it's play in the mud or be a mall crawler. So I choose mud :D

Nice video btw. Just watched it instead of studying for my psych final. Jeep videos are more interesting anyway :D

beaureed445 05-06-2013 08:11 PM

Mud.....5 minutes of fun, 5 years of sh!t falling in your face every time you get under your Jeep.

Some Farkin Guy 05-06-2013 08:52 PM

Cleaning the mud isn't so bad. Use a lawn sprinkler underneath to loosen it up, then break out the power washer!

SteelBlue44 05-07-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaureed445 (Post 3726883)
Mud.....5 minutes of fun, 5 years of sh!t falling in your face every time you get under your Jeep.

:facepalm: i can definitely relate to that. I usually power wash it after wheeling trips.
Looks like i sucked up a little bit of water in the process. Not enough to hydro-lock it, but definitely needs to be checked out. Throttle body/intake had mud in it. My radiator is toast, going to need a throttle sensor, and much more. Lucky for me my brother works at Jeep. :dance:
Well my steering is completely toast as well.. the tires are towed in a little, just an excuse to buy Currie steering which i have been putting off for awhile.

The only thing im really upset about is that this puts my 8.8 build on the back burner for a little while longer. :mad:

idiot magnet 05-07-2013 01:39 PM

While you are at it check your starter, clean all your connections and listen for any sounds from your throw out bearing. I was in your boat last year and tried some mud like that and my throw out bearing was in pieces when I changed out the clutch. Oh yeah hose out your clutch as well since you shifted while in the mud there is a good chance you'll have some in there. Power wash your radiator from the front and back to dislodge any mud that might be between the fins. Remember to extend all of your vent lines up good and high.
Mud sucks!