Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Next Wounded Warrior Run Poll (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/next-wounded-warrior-run-poll-241032.html)

JoeBot13 05-07-2013 11:18 AM

Next Wounded Warrior Run Poll

We had such a blast with everyone we want to do it again! This time we are going to do it in November somewhere around Veterans Day, so this one will be a desert run. I've picked up a few tricks, and I want to make the next one huge! Let us know, where would you like the next Veterans Jeep Rally to be!

The choices:

Mojave Road March
This would be a 3day/2night expedition across over the iconic Mojave Road!

Operation Troop Haven
The invasion of Truck Haven begins, something for everyone at one of the most famous places in SoCal.

Camp Calico
3 day FTX to Fort Irwin's own 4x4 training area.

Slo Mo 05-07-2013 11:30 AM

My vote is in

Gunner 05-07-2013 01:09 PM

Yup me to. Calico has to much to offer as far as amenities go.

JoeBot13 05-07-2013 01:16 PM

I'll leave this open for a while, but I am gonna have to start planning soon. This time I am gonna get T-Shirts and stickers done up, and try to get sponsor representatives out with us. I also am going to try to partner with 4 Wheel 2 Heal and see if they would like to come out with some wounded warriors for the weekend.

No holds barred on this one.

castman2 05-07-2013 04:02 PM

Calico in November, I'm not a facebook guy. Ex from years ago stalked me on it dumped that really quick. Hope you can add my vote in that way.

JoeBot13 05-07-2013 04:08 PM

lol I don't blame you about facebook ... i've got the same poll on the forum and facebook ... I'll just tally the two up at the end of the month!

Dougzin 05-07-2013 04:12 PM

Calico is the bomb that time of year.

jesse0920 05-07-2013 05:50 PM

I've been trying to get out to Calico bu t still haven't. Maybe before November I'll get out there but the Mojave Rd. also is something I'd like do.

kathytj 05-07-2013 07:52 PM

Great Times

We had a great time meeting fellow Jeepers...What a great job you guys did with an "idea" We felt welcomed by everyone...since we are newb's to the forum we were not sure if we would "fit in"...Thanks for a fun day! My vote is in for November..we will be there...:dance:

crittert 05-07-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathytj (Post 3730733)
We had a great time meeting fellow Jeepers...What a great job you guys did with an "idea" We felt welcomed by everyone...since we are newb's to the forum we were not sure if we would "fit in"...Thanks for a fun day! My vote is in for November..we will be there...:dance:

It was nice to meet you guys last weekend. Next time I'm coming over for hotdogs and some couch lol..There is no such thing as a newbie on my runs. Everyone is welcome..:D Looking forward to seeing you guys at the next run!

JoeBot13 05-08-2013 03:40 PM

Looks like Camp Calico may pull off a landslide. I'm working up designs for the stickers and the t-shirts now ...

JoeBot13 05-09-2013 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Stickers for the next event are in pre-production! I got an awesome deal from Alpha Vinyl, our first official sponsor of the 2nd WWR! We just have to pay materials at suppliers cost, they are donating their labor and shipping! To raise the money for the stickers, I am going to sell special full AA4W logos for $10, and 6" AA4W for $7 (4" stickers will be the only ones available at the event and will be part of the donation swag). They come in black or white, but supplies are extremely limited, I'm having just enough made just to cover costs! I can take payments through PayPal, message me for details.

thegreyman 05-09-2013 11:57 AM

count me in!

JoeBot13 05-09-2013 11:15 PM

BTW I only need to sell 9 of those stickers to keep them free for everyone at the next Wounded Warriors Run

JoeBot13 05-11-2013 10:46 PM

Make sure you get your vote in. We are exploring a possible partnership with 4 Wheel 2 Heal that will get some Wounded Veterans out there on the trails with us!

JPi1 05-21-2013 01:20 AM

JPi will be happy to help where needed

WOKNROX 05-21-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBot13 (Post 3729084)
We had such a blast with everyone we want to do it again! This time we are going to do it in November somewhere around Veterans Day, so this one will be a desert run. I've picked up a few tricks, and I want to make the next one huge! Let us know, where would you like the next Veterans Jeep Rally to be!

Camp Calico
3 day FTX to Fort Irwin's own 4x4 training area.

Im not sure if I'm reading this right....are you saying you can get all these guys onto the the Fort's training ground...???
If so you guys....this is a chance in a lifetime for you all....the lava Mtns north of the "early man site" is some of the most awesome wheelin I've ever done...

If you guys have never been on Lava your in for a real treat!

JoeBot13 05-21-2013 02:11 PM

no no no ... lmao ... I was trying to be clever about the proximity of Fort Irwin to Calico ... it's the closest wheeling for us out here

I wish I could pull that off but I would have to pull some serious strings to get everyone out actually in our training area to wheel ... it would be too much liability for the Army and I don't have that kind of mojo ... although I second you on the lava ... I've shredded a few military grade MTRs out here ...

JoeBot13 05-21-2013 02:41 PM

Which lava areas are you talking about Steve? Are you talking about Alvord Mountains or out by Goldstone?

WOKNROX 05-21-2013 05:19 PM

I'm lucky enough to have to both areas ...Goldstone is great for rock houndin ...Alvord Mtns Lava is sweet to wheel on..
Newberry Lava is good wheelin also...and open to people unlike us who don't have military clearance ...Bwah ha ha ..

JoeBot13 05-21-2013 05:59 PM

Alvord Mountain is just outside of the Fort Irwin boundaries so it's still open to wheel! All BLM land if I'm not mistaken... Although you will hit Fort Irwin if you go too far north

Used to go to the Newberry lava beds all the time as a kid!