Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   MILLER For MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! CHANGE OF PLANS DUE TO FIRE- CALICO BOUND INSTEAD!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/miller-for-memorial-day-weekend-change-of-plans-due-to-fire-calico-bound-instead-241042.html)

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 11:59 AM

MILLER For MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! CHANGE OF PLANS DUE TO FIRE- CALICO BOUND INSTEAD!!
 
:wavey:

CHANGE OF PLANS DUE TO THE FIRE AND MESS IT'S GOING TO CREATE!

Looks like we're going to CALICO instead :D

Date: Memorial Day Weekend
Friday May 24th-26th


**DIRECTIONS AND INFO:**

The address to the ghost town is 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398.

TO GET TO OUR CAMP: Go 100 yards past the Ghost Town. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left. You’ll see the triangular looking ranger sign encased in glass. Make that left and keep going straight down the dirt road. You'll run right into us. We're going to camp off Doran Scenic Rd before you go around the bend to the Gatekeeper. There's plenty of room for RVs and tents. It's dry camping. No facilities, water etc. We'll run all the major trails!

If you want to come out Saturday, please be at camp by 930am.

**YOUR RIG SHOULD HAVE**: Tow points; front and rear, sliders, armor, be lifted and at least 31's..33's are better. Lockers are not required, but helpful in a couple spots. If you don't have them, no biggie. Worse case is you get a strap/winch.

Look for my Yellow Happy Face Flag sticking out of the rocks in front of my camp. My rig is a white TJ, pink windshield banner, American Flag Painted Diff Covers and American Flag flying driver.

CB- Ch 4. ( I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.)

Who's going:

1. Lorie- I H8RDS- Friday
2. Bernie and Vanessa- Werubiblue06-Fri-
3. Brett & Buddies-YJKalamity- Fri-
4. Joey-JeepJoe22-
5. Skylar-Sat-
6. joesa1952-day run
7. Brandon and Britt & friends-
8. Josea1952's Friend- day run
9. Idriveoverstuff- Brandon and Savannah-Fri-
10. Jeepnavygirl-
11. brightsidememe-Sunday



:)

YjKalamity 05-07-2013 12:17 PM

I'll either be an option 1 or 2. Leaning towards 2 though!

werubiblue06 05-07-2013 12:37 PM

Finally!!
 
We'll see you guys at the top. Today is Tuesday right? I though my Monday was over! :banghead:

Looking forward to this one. Wheeling family, pine trees, campfire and honey--WOW, I can't wait. :dance:

Maybe I'll have to speak with the trees on this trip. :rofl:

YjKalamity 05-07-2013 01:28 PM

I thought that we were planning on the 24th-26th? Hopefully I'll be able to get my time requested off fixed in time today.

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3729447)
I thought that we were planning on the 24th-26th? Hopefully I'll be able to get my time requested off fixed in time today.


CRAP..you're right!! I still can't edit my first post..my bad..sorry! Waiting on a MOD.

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 01:54 PM

Ive requested to have them change my heading..my post is editable now. Brett- you have directions to sky ranch yes?

YjKalamity 05-07-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3729496)
CRAP..you're right!! I still can't edit my first post..my bad..sorry! Waiting on a MOD.

Whew, glad I caught that. I thought you switched dates on me for a second! I was going to go insane if I had to wait another week to hang out with you! :dance:

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3729511)
Whew, glad I caught that. I thought you switched dates on me for a second! I was going to go insane if I had to wait another week to hang out with you! :dance:

It's my Monday today :nonono:

Just need a MOD to change my heading..have added you guys. :D Can't wait b/c both of you missed it last time!!

YjKalamity 05-07-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3729508)
Ive requested to have them change my heading..my post is editable now. Brett- you have directions to sky ranch yes?

I don't I just googled it though so I know the general area. Directions probably would make things a bit easier though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3729517)
It's my Monday today :nonono:

Just need a MOD to change my heading..have added you guys. :D Can't wait b/c both of you missed it last time!!

I honestly hate Tuesdays more than anything! My Mondays are generally not too bad. I'm really excited too! Can't wait to hang out with you again and test out my suspension!

schnutzy 05-07-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3729496)
CRAP..you're right!! I still can't edit my first post..my bad..sorry! Waiting on a MOD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3729508)
Ive requested to have them change my heading..my post is editable now. Brett- you have directions to sky ranch yes?

:thumb:

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3729525)
I don't I just googled it though so I know the general area. Directions probably would make things a bit easier though!



I honestly hate Tuesdays more than anything! My Mondays are generally not too bad. I'm really excited too! Can't wait to hang out with you again and test out my suspension!

You can't google it..it's a made up name..we'll chat and I'll get you there if you can't meet us....

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnutzy (Post 3729536)
:thumb:

Thank you..I goofed! :hide:

YjKalamity 05-07-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3729544)
You can't google it..it's a made up name..we'll chat and I'll get you there if you can't meet us....



Thank you..I goofed! :hide:


Alrighty. Depending what time I get off of work I could be able to make it up there around 5 or 6 depending on traffic if you wanted to wait for me for a little bit. I'll check the schedule today if it's up.

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3729568)
Alrighty. Depending what time I get off of work I could be able to make it up there around 5 or 6 depending on traffic if you wanted to wait for me for a little bit. I'll check the schedule today if it's up.

I'll probably get there around 4pm. We'll chat so you can find camp :cool:

werubiblue06 05-07-2013 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=YjKalamity;3729525]I don't I just googled it though so I know the general area. Directions probably would make things a bit easier though![QUOTE]

If you are coming north from Murrieta to go out there we may be able to caravan out there.

Do you know what time you plan to leave Murrieta on Friday? I'm in Moreno Valley, I haven't figured out what time I'll be leaving yet but if our schedules are close and you'd like to follow us up there you are welcome to do so.

JeepJoe22 05-07-2013 03:00 PM

Ill be there for sure, I hope to camp this time as well. How many runs till I'm considered a regular?? ;)

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepJoe22 (Post 3729735)
Ill be there for sure, I hope to camp this time as well. How many runs till I'm considered a regular?? ;)

:rofl: You're silly! This makes 3 of my runs right? Good in my book! :thumb:

When you coming? Bringing your buddies?

Mavrick243 05-07-2013 04:26 PM

we'll see if i can make this, just found out I have to get a new passenger front axle shaft. thank you ruben, otherwise i never would have known

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick243 (Post 3730073)
we'll see if i can make this, just found out I have to get a new passenger front axle shaft. thank you ruben, otherwise i never would have known

I'm going to have him weld on Trusses F/R ..I'm bending my junk!

Let me know if you guys can make it! Won't be the same without you!

Mavrick243 05-07-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3730084)
I'm going to have him weld on Trusses F/R ..I'm bending my junk!

Let me know if you guys can make it! Won't be the same without you!

Nice, you should have him three or four link it while he is at it! haha

JeepJoe22 05-07-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3729745)

:rofl: You're silly! This makes 3 of my runs right? Good in my book! :thumb:

When you coming? Bringing your buddies?

I'm aiming for Friday, at the least ill meet at the trail head like last time. Ill bring my buddies lol.

I H8RDS 05-07-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepJoe22 (Post 3730103)
I'm aiming for Friday, at the least ill meet at the trail head like last time. Ill bring my buddies lol.

OK...you live 10 minutes from camp!!! I'll put you down for Friday..:thumb: You don't want to miss Friday night camp :whistling:

YjKalamity 05-07-2013 06:05 PM

I requested to be off of work around 1 on Friday, so id ideally like to leave around 2 or so, I'm totally down for a caravan, makes the drive so much more tolerable.

werubiblue06 05-07-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3730411)
I requested to be off of work around 1 on Friday, so id ideally like to leave around 2 or so, I'm totally down for a caravan, makes the drive so much more tolerable.

Well I'll let you know what time we plan on leaving. Wife is trying to get the day off of work and if I can escape the office early, I was hoping to leave in the morning some time. If not, we can meet in MoVal some time in the afternoon.

I'll messege you when I know more. :thumb:

JeepJoe22 05-08-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3730121)

OK...you live 10 minutes from camp!!! I'll put you down for Friday..:thumb: You don't want to miss Friday night camp :whistling:

Ill be there! Lol I know, I'm bummed I've missed camping the last two times!!

YjKalamity 05-08-2013 02:24 PM

I've realized that I'm really terrible with dates. I could have sworn that this trip was next week...I can't believe I have to wait a whole extra week ugh

I H8RDS 05-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3733824)
I've realized that I'm really terrible with dates. I could have sworn that this trip was next week...I can't believe I have to wait a whole extra week ugh

And your torturing me by reminding me when it's not!!! Cut it out! :-P. Yes... We have to wait forever.. May 24 th

YjKalamity 05-08-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS (Post 3733932)
And your torturing me by reminding me when it's not!!! Cut it out! :-P. Yes... We have to wait forever.. May 24 th

Well, I do like to tease ;)

I H8RDS 05-08-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3734633)
Well, I do like to tease

Pfffttt ;) ..ain't that the truth!

YjKalamity 05-08-2013 08:59 PM

More people need to get in on this! We need to party!!!!

I H8RDS 05-08-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjKalamity (Post 3735217)
More people need to get in on this! We need to party!!!!

Trust me; it'll be a party no matter how many :thumb:

Miller is a little far for people who live in LA/Orange etc, it's a good thing I don't care how far Calico, Big Bear and Cougar Buttes are..because if I did, I wouldn't wheel as much as I do. I figure the 3.5 hour drive to get there is priceless.

For the 6 months Miller is open, I will take full advantage of it though. For me, all I need is a trail and someone to camp with...I don't need 50 to do it and have fun :D

Many drove hours last week to do Miller...you just missed out on that one!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.