Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/)
-   -   Mid-Michigan (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/mid-michigan-241043.html)

BChristopherT 05-07-2013 11:00 AM

Mid-Michigan

Hey everyone my Name is Brett I'm not new to jeeps but just got my first TJ it's an '04 my dad has had a TJ for a while and I have owned a cherokee! Is there anyone on here from the Great Lakes bay region (aka the tri cities Midland, Saginaw, Bay City areas) I was thinking of getting a family friendly group together or finding a group to do some trail rides And so on or just people to chat with on here! I currently am running a stock TJ with a 2" lift and 30's next stop would be 4" lift with 33's!

Abnormal-JK 05-08-2013 06:44 AM

Hi Brett... I'm in Midland... What's up?

Check out ThumbJeeps.com MI-Thumb Jeepers Group | Wix.com too~

BChristopherT 05-08-2013 07:15 AM

Not much where all do you run? Most I have been is up through 61 north!

Abnormal-JK 05-08-2013 09:18 AM

Around here, not much. I have a place in East Tawas, and run the Huron National Forest on weekends. Some ok stuff there. Check out the Mio Trail Run thread in the Michigan Forum. A lot of folks meeting up May 18-19...

It would still be cool to meet up with others just to swap lies and have a beer without running...

BChristopherT 05-08-2013 10:05 AM

Agreed on the swapping stories! Haha I saw the mio thread but I have to work that weekend! So far it seems everything that comes together is on weekends I have to work which is every other! Haha

BChristopherT 05-08-2013 02:41 PM

Are the trails through Huron national forest marked or on GPS?

Abnormal-JK 05-08-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BChristopherT (Post 3734085)
Are the trails through Huron national forest marked or on GPS?

Some are, some are not... here's a link to the state DNR trails list... of course there are many more than the DNR lists. DNR - ORV/ATV Trail Maps

Many of the DNR routes are for less than 50" wide vehicles, but a lot are not too, and a lot of them do have GPS towers.

Another place I find some good rides is EveryTrail - Travel Community, iPhone Guides for Sightseeing, Hiking, Walking Tours and more (download the app) ... it's pretty cool... you can create your own, or folow others routes with photos and more.

BChristopherT 05-08-2013 07:35 PM

Awesome I will definitely check them out! Thank you!

NewYJOwner 05-08-2013 08:30 PM

I'm from Harrison,
Offroad Jeepers usually do a couple rides in west branch every year. good trails, some hill climbs, and a lil mud, but nothing extreme.

I have gps tracs of the areas we have ridden.

BChristopherT 05-08-2013 08:38 PM

Cool! I'm assuming offroad jeepers is a club? I have been on the trails in west branch and St. Helen but I have yet to drive any of them! I am definitely looking for some decent trails but nothing to hard because my jeep is my daily driver!

Abnormal-JK 05-08-2013 08:38 PM

Harrison is not far... Is Misceli's still there? Could be a good place to meet up LOL!

Brett..... Where you at? Maybe we need a Tri-City group... Mid-Michigan?

BChristopherT 05-08-2013 08:48 PM

I'm in Bay City!

NewYJOwner 05-08-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua_Pines (Post 3735444)
Is Misceli's still there?

Yep, still has some of the homeliest dancers in the state!!!!! LOL

ORJ - OFFROADJEEPERS

BChristopherT 05-08-2013 08:52 PM

Haha I have heard stories about that place and its employees! Haha but I am not one for strip clubs just not my thing and I don't drink much! Before you pass judgement I like to remember when I do stupid stuff so I can do it differently next time haha

BChristopherT 05-08-2013 09:00 PM

Holy crap just checked out the offroad jeepers website and I didn't even realize all the associations there are for 4WD's!

NewYJOwner 05-08-2013 09:19 PM

I have done West Branch, St Helen, Gladwin, Grayling, and some other areas.
My YJ is my daily driver, So If I break it i'm screwed.....Still need to get a decal for the windshield that says that....LOL

I'm more into trail riding than Off Road Parks (even though Rocks and Valleys is like 5 miles away) So I'm always looking for others for trail rides.

I'm Looking to set up a night ride in the next month or 2, probably in west branch because I have most of those trails on my GPS already

BChristopherT 05-09-2013 05:07 AM

I kind of wanted to go to rocks and valleys but I heard it wasn't that great but I don't know because I have never been there as for trail ride that's all I have done and like to do! If I had a dedicated rig for that stuff that would be one thing you know but I just like the relaxed nature of a trail ride! As for night rides that would be fun but my son is not quite 2 yet haha so it's more difficult!

Abnormal-JK 05-09-2013 05:39 AM

I'm not into breaking stuff either.... I was kidding about Misceli's... :whistling:

phittie1100 05-09-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua_Pines (Post 3735444)
Harrison is not far... Is Misceli's still there? Could be a good place to meet up LOL!

Brett..... Where you at? Maybe we need a Tri-City group... Mid-Michigan?

If you are not looking to start something on your own, Google the Tri City Trailriders. They meet in the Midland area, good bunch of people.

phittie1100 05-09-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BChristopherT (Post 3736471)
I kind of wanted to go to rocks and valleys but I heard it wasn't that great but I don't know because I have never been there as for trail ride that's all I have done and like to do! If I had a dedicated rig for that stuff that would be one thing you know but I just like the relaxed nature of a trail ride! As for night rides that would be fun but my son is not quite 2 yet haha so it's more difficult!

Ricks and Valleys has something for just about everyone. My Jeep is also my daily driver (17k per year) but by being a bit selective I have kept it in one piece after aost 6 years of double duty. Green trails at R&V are safe, and if it is dry you should be OK on most of the blue trails too.

Abnormal-JK 05-09-2013 06:33 AM

Thanks Paul....

BChristopherT 05-09-2013 07:58 AM

I was just looking at the tri-city trail riders but I wouldn't mind starting something either bad part is getting people's schedules to meet up and most my friends that trail ride do more difficult stuff (like mosquito alley! sorry I don't own a boat!) and they have for the most part dedicated rigs for the trails! But they know the trails like the back of their hands! Meeting new people out there is a great thing I would like to do though and that's what it's all about! I didn't notice if the tri-city trail riders had a web page at all so I can check them out and take a look at and get some more info! Anyone have any info regarding this? Haha

phittie1100 05-09-2013 09:08 AM

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tri-C...79754615393845

BChristopherT 05-09-2013 09:16 AM

Cool I will check them out thank you!

Terjul 05-09-2013 10:36 PM

Hi everyone, I new to this site. I'm from northeast Michigan

Abnormal-JK 05-10-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terjul (Post 3739752)
Hi everyone, I new to this site. I'm from northeast Michigan

Welcome Terjul... where about's in NE MI?? I hang in East Tawas most weekends...:dance:

REEDracing94 05-11-2013 03:57 PM

I'm in Linwood! North of bay city
My old xj, my tj, my dads yj

Abnormal-JK 05-11-2013 04:10 PM

:thumb::thumb:

BChristopherT 05-11-2013 04:18 PM

Linwood? I'm not to far from there and have a few friends that live there!

Abnormal-JK 05-11-2013 08:57 PM

I pass thru Linwood dang near every weekend... Wave next time dang it! LOL