Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Communications and Electronics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/)
-   -   430n backup camera/"unlock" advise (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/430n-backup-camera-unlock-advise-241051.html)

airmechanic 05-07-2013 11:21 AM

430n backup camera/"unlock" advise

I have a 2013 JKU with the 430n unit installed. I'd like to install a backup camera and use it while in motion. I'd also like to "unlock" the navigation input & video while in motion. Does anybody have advice/recommended parts I should be looking at. I'd like to keep this as a DIY project (although I’m not electrically savvy) to keep the costs to a minimum. Install tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks folks!

CoreyZ 05-07-2013 01:03 PM

Its called a "lockpick" and you can pick them up online for cheap. It plug in between the stock wiring harness and the head unit and enables it all.

LIGX 05-12-2013 06:59 PM

I'm thinking about using a lockpick for my 2013 JK 430. Have you heaqrd about any reliability issues. I've seen some internet post that aren't quite so flattering. Just wondering if anyone has a lockpick running for some time with no issues

Seginus 05-13-2013 07:19 AM

There is also the AllGig device by NavTV. Some like them much better than the LockPick.

LIGX 05-13-2013 07:30 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll do a bit of research

wrangler4eva 05-29-2013 01:35 AM

NavTool works like a charm even on my 6MT, I got rear camera , front camera and video on the move while off road, Best of all it's Made In USA, same country my Jeep is Made in.

STH-FM 06-04-2013 07:42 AM

I am new, but joined specifically to comment on this topic. I just installed the NavTV AllGig, AV harness, Video Switcher, and toggle switch. It can be a straight forward install, and works great with my manual transmission 2012 Rubicon.
I am going to sound like I work for NavTV (I don't), but they were fantastic. It arrived on time, and even though I had issue installing it they walked me through it all. The toggle switch allows me to keep the GPS speed, and everything works as advertised.
The best part was the support I got from Tony at NavTV. I made lots of mistakes and had a part that was working properly. NavTV replaced the part without question. Tony replied to every call and email in timely order, walked me through my mistakes, and showed amazing patience! He even called me from his home, on a three day weekend.
I don't know that lockpick has a unit yet for manual transmission, but certainly NavTV does, and I couldn't be happier!

wrangler4eva 06-04-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STH-FM (Post 3823717)
I am new, but joined specifically to comment on this topic. I just installed the NavTV AllGig, AV harness, Video Switcher, and toggle switch. It can be a straight forward install, and works great with my manual transmission 2012 Rubicon.
I am going to sound like I work for NavTV (I don't), but they were fantastic. It arrived on time, and even though I had issue installing it they walked me through it all. The toggle switch allows me to keep the GPS speed, and everything works as advertised.
The best part was the support I got from Tony at NavTV. I made lots of mistakes and had a part that was working properly. NavTV replaced the part without question. Tony replied to every call and email in timely order, walked me through my mistakes, and showed amazing patience! He even called me from his home, on a three day weekend.
I don't know that lockpick has a unit yet for manual transmission, but certainly NavTV does, and I couldn't be happier!

NavTool work perfect on my 6MT and while performing installation there was no way to make any mistakes as its's plug on plug

you had to kill entire weekend to get install done plus part wasn't working

not sure if it's worth the savings

Jimmyd1 06-23-2013 11:57 AM

Not US made

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangler4eva (Post 3803110)
NavTool works like a charm even on my 6MT, I got rear camera , front camera and video on the move while off road, Best of all it's Made In USA, same country my Jeep is Made in.

It is made in KOREA....

wrangler4eva 06-23-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyd1 (Post 3891022)

It is made in KOREA....

LOL who told you that