Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Wet Okole Seat Heaters - How to do a clean installation? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/wet-okole-seat-heaters-how-to-do-a-clean-installation-241091.html)

Postmon 05-07-2013 03:09 PM

Wet Okole Seat Heaters - How to do a clean installation?

I'd like to install aftermarket seat heaters if I purchase a 2013 JKU Sport with seat airbags. Wet Okole seems to offer the best option as they offer heaters that sit on top of the OEM seat and under their own seat covers. This way I don't have to pull apart the original seats and mess with the airbags. Then a cord just plugs into the cigarette lighter. That seems easy enough to do myself.

However: 1) The cords have an inline control switch (similar to a household heating pad) which I guess would just be left lying on the floor with the cord. 2) It seems like it would be a hassle to plug in and unplug them every time you want to use them. I guess you could leave them plugged in all the time but I don't like that look. 3) Since I want one for each seat, I'd need a second outlet.

So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions how install them to hide the cords and mount the control switches somewhere so it looks cleaner and more permanent?

Thanks for any help!

Postmon 05-08-2013 07:06 AM

bump...anyone?

positrak 05-08-2013 07:22 AM

Try Corbeau's heater instead. It wires directly into the system and has switches you can install in the dash or sides etc., like the stock systems:

install instructions bottom right

Corbeau Seat Heater COR-12501

Corbeau: Seat Heaters

positrak 05-08-2013 07:28 AM

universal fit of course, their seats or the factory seats etc.

Postmon 05-08-2013 09:24 AM

I had checked the Corbeau but it looked like you need to pull apart the seat and install it directly on the foam. Does anyone know if it the Corbeau could sit on top of the existing seat and then just be covered with an aftermarket cover such as the Wet Okole?

guppy 05-08-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postmon (Post 3732882)
I had checked the Corbeau but it looked like you need to pull apart the seat and install it directly on the foam. Does anyone know if it the Corbeau could sit on top of the existing seat and then just be covered with an aftermarket cover such as the Wet Okole?

I don't know why you couldn't install Corbeau just like the Wet Okole's seat heat.
I want to do the WO's too. I would do with out the seat heat before I would use the WO's design. Just seems to unfinished.

Postmon 05-08-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guppy (Post 3733898)
I don't know why you couldn't install Corbeau just like the Wet Okole's seat heat.

When I read through the instructions, it seemed that the Corbeau would need to be stuck with permanent adhesive to the original seat surface. Is that not correct? I'd rather not risk ruining the original seat surface.

positrak 05-08-2013 06:23 PM

It's all the same crap product imo. Quick looking at the okole video theirs appears to fit in a pouch sewn in the cover, their heater looks identical to the other. Just check the size differences if you can. Failing that, get the okole heater and it should be trivial for any auto electrician to follow the Corbeau's instructions, or if you google 2011 mopar seat warmers, those install instructions. Seat heater switches can be found anywhere, here's a write of what you want to do even:

Used Stock switch panel to control heated seats

man, you're creating quite the project for yourself before even getting the vehicle and it's all for the reason of covering up the logo on the seat or something?

Postmon 05-08-2013 09:15 PM

Thanks for the info and the link!

My wife wants the seat heaters and yes, she's the one who doesn't like the logo on the seats with the Sahara. So my thought was the Sport would be a win-win: no logo for her and less $'s out-of-pocket for me. So now I'm just trying to figure out how to get the seat heaters in the Sport given that we both want one with seat airbags.