Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   RC Straight Lower Gear Selector (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rc-straight-lower-gear-selector-241117.html)

elclipo 05-07-2013 03:39 PM

RC Straight Lower Gear Selector

Has anybody used one of these? I currently have a T-Case drop and don't see the SYE happening in the near future. Looks like a good solution to a common problem but I am new to all this so am looking for opinions from the experts.

Rough Country Suspensions :: Jeep TJ Straight Lower Gear Selector

MFsoftball22 05-07-2013 04:14 PM

How much lift are you going to be running?

Jerry Bransford 05-07-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elclipo (Post 3730108)
Has anybody used one of these? I currently have a T-Case drop and don't see the SYE happening in the near future. Looks like a good solution to a common problem but I am new to all this so am looking for opinions from the experts.

Rough Country Suspensions :: Jeep TJ Straight Lower Gear Selector

How deep is your t-case drop & what kind of shifting problems are you having you believe will be fixed by that?

Patrick H 05-07-2013 04:34 PM

Or you can save 60 bucks, and pull yours out, heat and bend until you like it. That's what I did.;) If something changes, pull it back out and redo it.

MFsoftball22 05-07-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFsoftball22 (Post 3730231)
How much lift are you going to be running?

Guess i should have read the question better and clicked on the link. I thought you were asking about a T-Case drop. My Bad :banghead:

elclipo 05-07-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 3730241)
How deep is your t-case drop & what kind of shifting problems are you having you believe will be fixed by that?

The shifter, or at least the boot, hits the console. 2nd, 4th, and reverse are pretty tight in comparison to the rest. I already rebuilt this transmission and am a but paranoid about damaging this one prematurely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick H (Post 3730304)
Or you can save 60 bucks, and pull yours out, heat and bend until you like it. That's what I did.;) If something changes, pull it back out and redo it.

I don't have the tools and the idea would be to use this as a temporary relief until the SYE and short throw shifter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFsoftball22 (Post 3730383)

Guess i should have read the question better and clicked on the link. I thought you were asking about a T-Case drop. My Bad :banghead:

I'm already running a 4" lift with a t-case drop.

Water Dog 05-07-2013 06:33 PM

When I had my 1 1/2" tc drop still on, what was making mine bind was the foam tube around the shift lever (under the boot). I got rid of the foam tube, and it shifted fine. YMMV. I'v heard that on some it actually hits the tub a little .... mine didn't.

99georgiatj 05-07-2013 07:34 PM

I would save that money for a b&m short throw. I absolutely love mine. Just shop around amazon,eBay,ect. and you can find a good price.

elclipo 05-07-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99georgiatj (Post 3730906)
I would save that money for a b&m short throw. I absolutely love mine. Just shop around amazon,eBay,ect. and you can find a good price.

That would make the wife happy too. She doesn't drive it because the throw is too long.