Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   130 to 430N swap question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/130-to-430n-swap-question-241215.html)

LewdDude 05-07-2013 10:15 PM

130 to 430N swap question
 
I purchased a brand new in the box OEM 430N RHB with sirius and NAV. My stock system is in a 2013 Sahara with Sirius, Connectivity package, and Blu Tooth u-connect as well. The only thing the 430N will add, is the Nav. My question is the Sat radio antenna the same for the nag, or do I have to install the antenna that came with the new 430N? if I need to replace the antenna, how big of a job is it to run the new wire, and where is the placement?


Thanks,

Ron

LewdDude 05-07-2013 10:19 PM

seems like there is conflicting info out there on this.... imagine that...lol some say the Sirius and Nav use the same antenna, but if I have sirius already, do I need to replace the antenna with the nav antenna?

jjbroze 05-08-2013 07:57 AM

The current SIRUS antenna will work for both the Sat radio and the nav. When I updated from a 130 430N, it was a true "plug n play". When I was finished everything worked.

jt5280 05-08-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjbroze (Post 3732814)
The current SIRUS antenna will work for both the Sat radio and the nav. When I updated from a 130 430N, it was a true "plug n play". When I was finished everything worked.

This.

However, I don't know about your microphone. I installed a 730n and had to swap mics. Not sure if 130 mic works on 430 (though from above it seems like it will).

LewdDude 05-08-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjbroze (Post 3732814)
The current SIRUS antenna will work for both the Sat radio and the nav. When I updated from a 130 430N, it was a true "plug n play". When I was finished everything worked.

Music to me ears!!! LOL Thank you! :punk:

LewdDude 05-14-2013 09:09 AM

swap took 10 minutes and everything works! easy 1 2 3!

panthermark 05-14-2013 09:55 AM

Prior to 2010'ish, Nav and Sirius used different antennas. That is why some units have three plugs in back (white, yellow, and blue), while new units only have two.

It is a 100% plug and play swap from a 130 to 430 (assuming both units have the safe features). The 730 is a bit different because it uses a different mic that has to be installed (and flashed I think).

10Anvil 05-14-2013 10:28 AM

I have a 430N RHB in the FS section with everything including uconnect module.

LewdDude 05-14-2013 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yup, and not only were the buttons back lit green, so was the splash screen and wallpaper! Pleasant surprise!

DFW6ER 05-14-2013 11:30 AM

Well....I think I found my next upgrade.

laollis 06-03-2013 12:18 PM

So many people telling me different things about this 430N, so I really need a straight answer from someone who really knows. I purchased a new 430N and got it today. It says 'anti theft' in the left corner and I did not receive a code with it, so do I need one? It also came with a satellite antenna, and I was told that if I wanted the Sirius Travel I had to use the new antenna. I planned to install this myself, but now worried.

hoopster3 06-03-2013 01:10 PM

If it says anti-theft in the corner you will need the 4 digit code to get it to work. I can't answer the antenna question for you but I do know you'll need the code. I would contact whoever/wherever you purchased your 430N and try and get the code. If you can't get the code you'll at least need the VIN # of the vehicle it came out of....then you will need to go through the hassle of trying to get the dealer to find the security code for you.

There is also the option of starting at 0000 and working your way through all the possibilities ending with 9999. There would be 10,000 possibilities to guess the code but that could be a last ditch effort if nothing works. Good luck!

LewdDude 06-03-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopster3 (Post 3820866)
If it says anti-theft in the corner you will need the 4 digit code to get it to work. I can't answer the antenna question for you but I do know you'll need the code. I would contact whoever/wherever you purchased your 430N and try and get the code. If you can't get the code you'll at least need the VIN # of the vehicle it came out of....then you will need to go through the hassle of trying to get the dealer to find the security code for you.

There is also the option of starting at 0000 and working your way through all the possibilities ending with 9999. There would be 10,000 possibilities to guess the code but that could be a last ditch effort if nothing works. Good luck!

No she got it from the same guy I got mine, and they are brand new units never have been installed in any vehicle. No code is needed. It will sync up with your jeep and the code will be generated. You will not need to input any code! The antenna she has is also from the 130 with sirius sat radio so it will function for the NAV post 2010 wranglers. I did the same swap of the same radio from the same guy. She will be fine and all features will work. Look at the pics I posted above and you will notice "antitheft" in the lower left of the radio. I needed NO code :thumb:

panthermark 06-03-2013 03:13 PM

Yeah, from what I understand, brand new, never been used units do not require a code the first time they are installed. However, I do wonder what would happen if that unit was ever sold. How does one get the code? Is it already tied to the VIN of the vehicle? Basically, is it the same code as the 130 that is being removed because the code is tied to the vehicle instead of the HU?

OrangeJeepGuy 06-03-2013 03:30 PM

How much should I expect to pay for a 430N? Where are you guys getting them, ebay?

laollis 06-03-2013 08:04 PM

OK. Talked with the Service manager at the dealership. Since the 430N is brand new it has never been attached to a VIN, so, NO code is needed. It is totally Plug~N~Play. It also comes with a brand new SAT antenna, just incase you need it.
OrangeJeepGuy, No, we didn't get them off eBay. Those are not new. We (LewdDude and I) ordered them through a private party with Mopar connections. $875. delivered is what I paid. ;-)

LewdDude 06-03-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laollis (Post 3822205)
OK. Talked with the Service manager at the dealership. Since the 430N is brand new it has never been attached to a VIN, so, NO code is needed. It is totally Plug~N~Play. It also comes with a brand new SAT antenna, just incase you need it.
OrangeJeepGuy, No, we didn't get them off eBay. Those are not new. We (LewdDude and I) ordered them through a private party with Mopar connections. $875. delivered is what I paid. ;-)

Mine was $861 delivered... :dance: ;-) And I already had Sirius Sat Radio the antenna is the same for Nav! So for any of you who do not have the SAT/Nav combo antenna this one came with one in the box as well. As stated, never been installed. If anyone needs one, I have one available. ;-) as well as a 130 with sirius.

laollis 06-04-2013 05:49 PM

Got my new 430N installed. Very happy. Instantly came on, Sirius, Travel, NAVI all work perfectly. Woot Woot!

LewdDude 06-04-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laollis (Post 3825606)
Got my new 430N installed. Very happy. Instantly came on, Sirius, Travel, NAVI all work perfectly. Woot Woot!

The test will now be if it still works on Friday as everyone has free service til 6/6/2013. My fingers are crossed that since the radio is new that it too has a year! But congrats! Navi is cool! Got all my favorite sports teams saved, movie theater with show times, weather, gas! Lol it's way cool! That was nice of your dealer to put it in for you! It really is a nice feature for the wrangler! Congrats!

LewdDude 06-04-2013 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Go army! ;-)

Attachment 257744

laollis 06-04-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LewdDude (Post 3825785)
The test will now be if it still works on Friday as everyone has free service til 6/6/2013. My fingers are crossed that since the radio is new that it too has a year! But congrats! Navi is cool! Got all my favorite sports teams saved, movie theater with show times, weather, gas! Lol it's way cool! That was nice of your dealer to put it in for you! It really is a nice feature for the wrangler! Congrats!

Thanks So Much! and the hook-up to get the 430. U Rock!!! :punk:

earroyo 06-26-2013 05:28 PM

Question
 
Hello...do you mind sharing who in ebay you purchased your 430N from? Thanks! Efrain


Quote:

Originally Posted by LewdDude (Post 3822549)
Mine was $861 delivered... :dance: ;-) And I already had Sirius Sat Radio the antenna is the same for Nav! So for any of you who do not have the SAT/Nav combo antenna this one came with one in the box as well. As stated, never been installed. If anyone needs one, I have one available. ;-) as well as a 130 with sirius.


THW 06-26-2013 05:41 PM

Anyone have experience with wiring the included antenna? I've got mine and I'd like to see a write up before I start tearing panels out...

boilermaker_yv 06-26-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earroyo (Post 3902364)
Hello...do you mind sharing who in ebay you purchased your 430N from? Thanks! Efrain

I'm selling mine through here...it is in the for sale section...used for 3 months.....and much less than eBay :-)

laollis 06-27-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilermaker_yv (Post 3902926)
I'm selling mine through here...it is in the for sale section...used for 3 months.....and much less than eBay :-)

People just need to remember, If it was installed in a previous vehicle, It will need the code for it to work.

boilermaker_yv 06-28-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laollis (Post 3904302)

People just need to remember, If it was installed in a previous vehicle, It will need the code for it to work.

It depends....it is my understanding that in the newer models you don't need a flash code.

I have unplugged and plugged back mine several times, and every now and then it asks for the code, I just turn the ignition on/off a couple of times and it goes away.

fastNugly 07-12-2013 01:04 PM

Anyone looking for a fairly new 430N, I have mine listed here.
JKUR is 2 months old :thumb:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f14/fai...ml#post3954773

insylem 07-12-2013 01:38 PM

I installed a JVC/Kenwood on mine.

hog2jeep 07-12-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insylem (Post 3954941)
I installed a JVC/Kenwood on mine.

was it plug n play?

panthermark 07-12-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilermaker_yv (Post 3909216)
It depends....it is my understanding that in the newer models you don't need a flash code.

I have unplugged and plugged back mine several times, and every now and then it asks for the code, I just turn the ignition on/off a couple of times and it goes away.

You don't need a code because it is mated to your VIN. If it went in someone elses vehicle, it would need the code.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.