Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Stereo Kit Install

10K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Hardermods 
#1 ·
So I need to replace the factory stereo in my 2004 unlimited and was looking for a kit.
Can somebody tell me why this kit is $140 when I can buy the two separate parts (stereo and dash adapter) for less? Am I missing something here?

Kit:Sony® CDX-GT570MP AM/FM CD Stereo Receiver with Install Kit - Quadratec
Dash adapter: Quadratec Exclusive JW-DA9702 - Single DIN Radio Dash Adapter for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec
Stereo: SONY CDXGT570UP - Sony® CDX-G570UP AM/FM CD Stereo Receiver with Remote - Quadratec

#4 ·
I feel your pain; I was working on the same thing last year. The key is to go to Amazon, they have the wiring harness as well as the dash adapter for a little bit of nothing. Then you can spend the money you want for a quality head unit, or get a cheap one like I did--Kenwood KDC-152 for $42.00 a heckuva lot cheaper than you'll get it from Quadratec.

For the dash: Amazon.com: Metra 99-6504 Dash Kit For Chry/Dodge/Jeep 98-Up Iso Only: Car Electronics
For the harness:Amazon.com: Stereo Wire Harness Jeep Wrangler 03 04 05 06 2003 2004 2005 2006 (car radio wiring installation parts): Everything Else
And if you're curious about the head unit:
Amazon.com: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver: Car Electronics

#7 ·
Although I also wouldn't order radio stuff from quadratec.

I believe the 140 one comes with the plug and play harness for the Jeep as well so all you do is install it and don't have to splice wires together.

If you buy the individual parts then find out you also need to buy the Jeep side harness figure another 25ish for that and your right back at 140 except you have to make all your connections.

It may be a typo on their site that doesn't list the plug and play harness on the product details page, If you look at say the Kenwood kit Kenwood w/install kit it lists the plug and play harness as opposed to just the wiring pigtail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.