Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Jeep rolls down ski slope while off roading (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/jeep-rolls-down-ski-slope-while-off-roading-241366.html)

BeantownR6 05-08-2013 05:30 PM

Jeep rolls down ski slope while off roading

Family of 3. Not too smart. be careful out there.

Family of three miraculously survive after their Jeep flips more than 20 times down a steep ski slope while they were off-roading | Mail Online

Rancho 05-08-2013 05:43 PM

Wow!

jquinn83 05-08-2013 05:46 PM

Darwin Award - Honorable Mention. He didn't win but sure tried his best.

BlueRidgeYJ 05-08-2013 07:02 PM

And a big tip of the hat to the gentleman golfer and rescue squad. Something tells me they made a huge difference in the outcome of the story.

TylerU 05-08-2013 07:46 PM

I dont understand wat's the fun wheeling down a ski slope? just going up and down, ya don't even have to wheel.

what a waste of an unlimited..

JimsJeep 05-08-2013 08:33 PM

I live in NJ and can still say "Only in NJ"

I live near the ferry that handles the Jersey Shore Masses to Wall street every day and its like a JK convention every morning. The closest to off road they get is parking on their lawn to drop off a bag of fertilizer.

larjeep 05-08-2013 08:47 PM

Guy was a cop. And had a cooler of beer and wine in the rig. Nice.

larjeep 05-08-2013 08:47 PM

They don't say that in the article but it was

kpickens11 05-08-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsJeep (Post 3735109)
I live in NJ and can still say "Only in NJ"

I live near the ferry that handles the Jersey Shore Masses to Wall street every day and its like a JK convention every morning. The closest to off road they get is parking on their lawn to drop off a bag of fertilizer.

This guy obviously wheeled his jk a little TOO hard. I don't think he was dropping off fertilizer that day, either. Granted, he didnt pick the smartest trail that day and shouldn't have had his kid in the back. I just don't know what you are trying to say about the Nj jeep community here..."only in NJ" would a guy wheel his jeep this hard and then you say they don't wheel hard enough and only drive their jeep into their back yards? What are you saying?

By the looks of things his jeep wasn't completely stock. He had to have some kind of lift to get those 35" MTs under there.

I live in jersey too, drive a jk, wheel whenever I get the chance. I still see the moms who got them as a soccer mom vehicles with 4wd to help them in nj snow that they can still take the top off and have fun in in the summer time... I don't judge. Not everyone buys a jeep to wheel it.

Don't hate on fellow Jeepers in your own state. Driving a jeep is about being part of a community of fellow enthusiasts whether they got it to take it off a cliff at a ski resort or got it to drop off fertilizer. You sir, will NOT be getting a friendly jeep wave from me. ;)

kpickens11 05-08-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larjeep (Post 3735167)
Guy was a cop. And had a cooler of beer and wine in the rig. Nice.

Yikes.

pepatrick 05-08-2013 11:19 PM

Maybe it's the angle of the picture but it doesn't look that steep. It's definitely not black diamond steep.

BlueRidgeYJ 05-09-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepatrick (Post 3735816)
Maybe it's the angle of the picture but it doesn't look that steep. It's definitely not black diamond steep.

According to the resort, double diamond. East coast double diamond, and the double is usually moguls, but none-the-less...

Lucky kid, foolish dad.

Bustedstuff 05-09-2013 09:38 AM

Looks like they've found a way to kill a Jeep.

Moabite 05-09-2013 10:31 AM

The lesson to be learned here is that you don't traverse a slope like that without keeping the Jeep at an uphill or downhill angle that prevents sidehill rollling. He obviously didn't get the angle right...if he was angled at all.

JimsJeep 05-09-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpickens11 (Post 3735241)
This guy obviously wheeled his jk a little TOO hard. I don't think he was dropping off fertilizer that day, either. Granted, he didnt pick the smartest trail that day and shouldn't have had his kid in the back. I just don't know what you are trying to say about the Nj jeep community here..."only in NJ" would a guy wheel his jeep this hard and then you say they don't wheel hard enough and only drive their jeep into their back yards? What are you saying?

By the looks of things his jeep wasn't completely stock. He had to have some kind of lift to get those 35" MTs under there.

I live in jersey too, drive a jk, wheel whenever I get the chance. I still see the moms who got them as a soccer mom vehicles with 4wd to help them in nj snow that they can still take the top off and have fun in in the summer time... I don't judge. Not everyone buys a jeep to wheel it.

Don't hate on fellow Jeepers in your own state. Driving a jeep is about being part of a community of fellow enthusiasts whether they got it to take it off a cliff at a ski resort or got it to drop off fertilizer. You sir, will NOT be getting a friendly jeep wave from me. ;)

Don't hate (never used that word) or judge any jeepers here or elsewhere. The point being, as a Resident of NJ we have the right to say "Only in NJ" VS an outsider saying it, but realistically what nut job would try to traverse a ski slope (most likely trespassing) with his family in the car.

kpickens11 05-09-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsJeep (Post 3737933)

Don't hate (never used that word) or judge any jeepers here or elsewhere. The point being, as a Resident of NJ we have the right to say "Only in NJ" VS an outsider saying it, but realistically what nut job would try to traverse a ski slope (most likely trespassing) with his family in the car.

Gotcha. The way you had worded it made it seem like you were making fun of a guy for wheeling too hard and at the same time making fun of other Jeepers in nj for not wheeling hard enough.

And I hear ya... the guy must have a big ol set of cajones to try that one.

TylerU 05-09-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimsJeep (Post 3737933)

but realistically what nut job would try to traverse a ski slope (most likely trespassing) with his family in the car.

Not to mention themom and little boy may hence have a dostorted perception on jeeps or off roading, and wont dare or the panic mom wont let him to enjoy one of the best things ever.

kpickens11 05-09-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moabite (Post 3736939)
The lesson to be learned here is that you don't traverse a slope like that without keeping the Jeep at an uphill or downhill angle that prevents sidehill rollling. He obviously didn't get the angle right...if he was angled at all.

Probably not in 4L to control his speed going down the slope too.