Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   General Jeep Discussion (
-   -   Anybody try Plasti-Dipping their fender flares? (

nocibur2 05-08-2013 05:48 PM

Anybody try Plasti-Dipping their fender flares?
Just curious if anyone has tried this & how they turned out? Please post up pics of your results, if you can. I am considering plasti-dipping a set of factory painted fender flares.

kpickens11 05-08-2013 07:52 PM

I know a guy with a Sahara who wanted his fancy sahara fenders black instead of painted to match. He plasti dipped them black and they came out great!

CarolinaBound 05-08-2013 09:35 PM

Please use the search function... :deadhorse:

But since its made, if you wheel don't waste your time plastidipping them, will get shredded off in a hurry. Rustoleum bedliner or heat gun. I went the bed liner route and they still look like I did the day I sprayed them a year later. Nerf bar was done to but taken off.

tkfx 05-11-2013 06:50 AM

I have mine plasti dipped and they look good. Always black and never fade. Dont even worry about it coming off when wheeling, if for whatever reason it does, just spray the spot and your good to go.

99tj707 07-26-2013 12:29 PM

Would not recommend plasti dip for fender flares. It looks good at first bud it will peel unless you use an excessive amount. Also if you do make sure to spray around the lip edges. I've done mine twice with plasti dip and without fail it peels when hit with the hose. Bedline or paint remove them and sand down first. Don't waste time with plasti dip. And touch ups with plasti dip are impossible to do. It is thick unlike paint and you will always be able to see the spot you "touched up".