Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Mounting driving lights on warn elite bumper? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/mounting-driving-lights-on-warn-elite-bumper-241384.html)

The General 05-08-2013 05:21 PM

Mounting driving lights on warn elite bumper?

Has any one mounted driving lights on their warn elite front bumper? If so how did u do it? I had to remove mine when I installed my winch and now not sure the best way to re-mount them.

Attachment 246773

Finally got a Jeep 05-09-2013 10:11 AM

Morning General.

I have the same bumper and faced the same problem. What I ended up doing was using two light bar clamps around the front hoop, extending a piece of angle iron between the mounting tabs and dropping a 12" black box logistics light bar from there. I don't have any pics right now and the jeep's at home but I can try to take some this weekend and PM or email them to you if you want. FWIW, the BBL bar puts out a ton of light and I'm very happy with the set up.

The General 05-09-2013 04:17 PM

Hey man, sure pics would be great! I'm looking for different options. I have seen pics and know that it's been done but I can't tell if holes were drilled or if the left over hardware from the bumper is designed to be used in a way that I can't figure out!

Finally got a Jeep 05-14-2013 07:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Morning General.

I apologize for the delay, things sort of got away from me this weekend and yesterday. I've uploaded two pics. The "light bar" pic shows it from the front and the "side view" shows it from the side (kind of obvious). Basically, I put the light mounting tabs around the push bar, attached a piece of angle iron to the mounting tabs and the light mounts to the angle iron. Then I painted the whole thing black to match the bumper.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions you think I might be able to help with.

The General 05-16-2013 08:51 AM

Hey, that looks good! Where did u get the mounting tabs for the bar? What diameter are they?

Finally got a Jeep 05-16-2013 09:16 AM

Amazon (PIAA 74117 Black 1.75" L-Bracket Bar Clamp : Amazon.com : Automotive). They're 1 3/4 inch diameter. Makes for a good, tight fit that doesn't shift when going over bumps. I don't do any hard wheeling, mostly use the jeep to pull my boat down muddy, dirt roads but they have held solid for the 2-3 months that I've had them attached. I really didn't want to drill into the bumper. I also shifted the solenoid box for the winch about 3" forward so the wiring would get more clearance from the grill so there wasn't room for me to mount the light there anyway. Dropping it from the bar just made sense and I really like the way it turned out.

Hope this helps.

The General 05-16-2013 10:22 PM

Definitely helps. Thanks bud. That's an option, but the other option is mounted to the bumper under the bar. Ill have to assume guys are having the bumper drilled seeing as no one else has chimed in...even though I have seen other member with lights mounted down there! Lol

Finally got a Jeep 05-17-2013 06:39 AM

Drilling the bumper and mounting them there would certainly work for most. I might have gone that route had I not moved the solenoid box forward to give more clearance from the grill. Where I have it mounted, the box sticks out a bit over that portion of the bumper and would interfere with the light. I also thought about a fairlead mount for the light but the way it is inset into the bumper prevented that option.

Philster 05-17-2013 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I drilled the bumper, I think it turned out Ok.

The General 05-17-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philster (Post 3765340)
I drilled the bumper, I think it turned out Ok.

How? Lol Seriously, would a hammer drill and the right bit work? Or did u take it to a machine shop or ....

Philster 05-17-2013 02:48 PM

The only problem with drilling is the grille guard is in the way, drilled a pilot hole & went up from there. I think I used 4 steps to get to the right size. (I do have a good 1/2" Milwaukee drill) as seen in the picture my winch solenoids are also mounted on the bumper as well, like a 5/8" hole for the cables to go through. Now that was a pain in the butt did not want it sticking up in the air.