Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   JK 2013 negotiation and half doors (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jk-2013-negotiation-and-half-doors-241419.html)

Sjtoby 05-08-2013 08:16 PM

JK 2013 negotiation and half doors

So just left dealership. I am looking for a base jeep 2013, no extras, soft top and half doors.

Found a 2013, base, soft top, with full doors, with the only option is AC, and the tires look like they belong on a Honda civic, for 23,800.

1. What do you think of the price? I think it is great, the sales guy is currently searching for a base with no AC to knock off another $995.

2. I want factory half doors, which he is looking into. I don't want after market, I want factory, this is really not an option for me, I just want factory. It seems that JK half doors are very limited in supply. But I don't want him to gauge me on the price of the doors.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:angel:

JasonP 05-08-2013 10:42 PM

I just bought a base, premium top, full door, AC, 3.73 gears, sirius radio for 23600, before tax tag title/etc.

out the door, with tax tag title, for 26K ( 6% sales tax )

Sjtoby 05-09-2013 05:16 AM

Thanks I thought I was a good deal.

Anyone have any experience buy JK half doors?

Mule75 05-09-2013 05:38 AM

I have heard that the 1/2 doors are order from the factory only option. they are not sitting on the lots.

Best of luck

GonzoBobH 05-09-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjtoby (Post 3736478)
Thanks I thought I was a good deal.

Anyone have any experience buy JK half doors?

I factory ordered mine with half doors... zero regrets. Love my half doors, and wouldn't have gotten the Jeep without them... thus the order. A side benefit was I ended up getting the Gecko color... another winner for me.

Technically I guess one shouldn't have to order them, however I don't think that many dealers carry a half doors.

GL

BobH on his phone

jwilson2598 05-09-2013 07:45 AM

Pat has mentioned it on here before, but half doors are on a sold order only restriction. That means the dealer has to input it as a sold order with a customer's info to get one, hence why you don't see them sitting around lots. They can be added to a Jeep afterwards, but expect to spend about $1500-$2000 per pair for parts and painting.

GatesHD 05-09-2013 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I walked into the parts dept, ordered half doors power lock power mirrors proper wiring harness and interior door.

If you dont get a jeep with power locks windows from factory its a real pita afterwards.

That why i bought with full doors and added the mopar halves that I assembled myself

Attachment 247042

Sjtoby 05-09-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatesHD (Post 3737395)
I walked into the parts dept, ordered half doors power lock power mirrors proper wiring harness and interior door.

If you dont get a jeep with power locks windows from factory its a real pita afterwards.

That why i bought with full doors and added the mopar halves that I assembled myself

Attachment 247042

Thanks all!

Thanks for the pic! i didn't think the half doors looked like that. I think I may have paid too much for half doors, uppers, assembly and paint ($2,350), but I REALLY want them. AND they are on back order, so there is no telling how long til I get my half doors.

Picking up my new jeep tomorrow!!!!

legitposter 05-09-2013 05:11 PM

So you bought your jeep and just ordered the half door stuff separately at the parts counter basically? Or you rolled in into the jeep financing?

Anyways, big congrats!

Sjtoby 05-10-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3738380)
So you bought your jeep and just ordered the half door stuff separately at the parts counter basically? Or you rolled in into the jeep financing?

Anyways, big congrats!

Rolled into financing, and when they come in they will paint and assemble.

Thanks!