Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   35s, what size wheel (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/35s-what-size-wheel-241469.html)

Barmanvarn 05-09-2013 12:15 AM

35s, what size wheel
 
I'm running 33s on 15s at the moment. Am ready to go to 35s. Am thinking 16 or 17.

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

OffRoadCam09 05-09-2013 03:06 AM

It'll be a lot cheaper to just stay with the 15's but its really your choice if you were to change I'd go 16's. I have 35x12.50x15's an they are just fine

kjeeper10 05-09-2013 04:26 AM

16's but if you ever plan on 37's 17's.
I hated 15's with 35's. drove sloppy and my synergy tie rod did not fit :(

whetstone 05-09-2013 08:21 AM

Depends on what you want. I have 35s on 18s and really like how it drives. Less sidewall will give you less 'roll' and not feel as squishy on the road, but there are probably some extreme rock crawling situations where you would benefit from having more sidewall.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...9F427101A0.jpg

Greg_2012_JKU 05-09-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whetstone (Post 3736752)
Depends on what you want. I have 35s on 18s and really like how it drives. Less sidewall will give you less 'roll' and not feel as squishy on the road, but there are probably some extreme rock crawling situations where you would benefit from having more sidewall.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...9F427101A0.jpg

What's the offset of the XD Strikes you are running?

whetstone 05-09-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_2012_JKU (Post 3736778)
What's the offset of the XD Strikes you are running?

24mm... I think

brianb 05-09-2013 09:06 AM

Whetstone, what bumper is that. Could you send me a couple pics of your jeep from the side, im digging those wheels and bumper. Is that a 2.5" lift? Sorry for the side bar...

Barmanvarn 05-09-2013 09:07 AM

I don't see me going higher than 35s at the moment as this is my daily driver and my only vehicle. After she's paid off and I have another vehicle in the garage anything is possible.

My beloved duratracs don't come in 35x15x12.5 as far as I know thus the reason I'm having to change wheel size.

Greg_2012_JKU 05-09-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3736884)
I don't see me going higher than 35s at the moment as this is my daily driver and my only vehicle. After she's paid off and I have another vehicle in the garage anything is possible.

My beloved duratracs don't come in 35x15x12.5 as far as I know thus the reason I'm having to change wheel size.

Go with what you like. The bigger the wheels, the more expensive your tires will be, but it's your money and your rig. Me personally, I would go with 17's. But that is coming from someone who is looking at 18's or 20's.

sinbob 05-09-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffRoadCam09 (Post 3736379)
It'll be a lot cheaper to just stay with the 15's but its really your choice if you were to change I'd go 16's. I have 35x12.50x15's an they are just fine

x2 same here no problems and I air down to 10 psi when crawling haven't lost a bead yet.:dance:

zx6r 05-09-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbob (Post 3736946)
x2 same here no problems and I air down to 10 psi when crawling haven't lost a bead yet.:dance:

x3x3x3

nekojku 05-09-2013 09:48 AM

I'm running on 35x12.5x17. I think its a great size.

meschwenk 05-09-2013 09:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
16 x 8.5 with BS 4.5" 315/75r16



Attachment 246996



Attachment 246997

Snake_Eyes 05-09-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3736884)
I don't see me going higher than 35s at the moment as this is my daily driver and my only vehicle. After she's paid off and I have another vehicle in the garage anything is possible.

My beloved duratracs don't come in 35x15x12.5 as far as I know thus the reason I'm having to change wheel size.

We are planning to go 35's and want Duratracs also. They do sell 315/70/xx which works out to be 34.4...so pretty much a 35.

fireguy 05-09-2013 10:04 AM

Running 315 70 17 Duratracs great tire wheel size combo. Performannce on Dry road, Ice, snow, slush, rain and off road the tire is stellar so far with 4k miles on them. Very happy with the choice I made.

shipjim 05-09-2013 10:17 AM

I'm running 325-65Rx18 w/2.5"lift. I keep about 26-28 #pressure. A bit bumpy but not bad.
Great off road @15#

Greg_2012_JKU 05-09-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipjim (Post 3737126)
I'm running 325-65Rx18 w/2.5"lift. I keep about 26-28 #pressure. A bit bumpy but not bad.
Great off road @15#

Any pics?

kbwwolf 05-09-2013 10:35 AM

16s would be my preference. Keyword: My.

For 35s, anyway, seems like the perfect balance for weight, price and performance, in terms of how I use my Jeep.

Barmanvarn 05-09-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 3737183)
16s would be my preference. Keyword: My.

For 35s, anyway, seems like the perfect balance for weight, price and performance, in terms of how I use my Jeep.

Yeah, those speedbumps at the mall are hell. :rofl::hide:

kbwwolf 05-09-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3737195)
Yeah, those speedbumps at the mall are hell. :rofl::hide:

Nothing a little diesel fuel won't fix. :D

Sgt93 05-09-2013 10:47 AM

18's are perfect with 35's.

kramer2k 05-09-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 3737183)
16s would be my preference. Keyword: My.

For 35s, anyway, seems like the perfect balance for weight, price and performance, in terms of how I use my Jeep.

+1

I love my 15s, but I'd say 16 is a great balance between all the variables.

Barmanvarn 05-09-2013 11:34 AM

So, so far I've been advised to use 15s, 16, 17s, and 18s.

This is why I love the Jeep community...everyone has their own spin on what they prefer. Keeps us all unique. :)

dalearyous 05-09-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3737367)
So, so far I've been advised to use 15s, 16, 17s, and 18s.

This is why I love the Jeep community...everyone has their own spin on what they prefer. Keeps us all unique. :)

look at the rigs of people who are recommending. find the one you like most and use their recommendation.

estedre 05-09-2013 11:49 AM

Personally i would pick the wheels i like then go with what sizes they come in. once you decide on a wheel you may find they are only available in a particular size which will narrow your decision.

gsn 05-09-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3737367)
So, so far I've been advised to use 15s, 16, 17s, and 18s.

This is why I love the Jeep community...everyone has their own spin on what they prefer. Keeps us all unique. :)

Find the size that has the greatest range of tires available. I would say, either 16 or 17. 15 seems to small (brake upgrades?), 18+ seems to ricey or luxurious. As they are usualy placed on sports cars or regular (luxury?) suvs.

I think tires are cheaper for 16, but there may be different tire models or brands between the two.

khende 05-09-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffRoadCam09 (Post 3736379)
It'll be a lot cheaper to just stay with the 15's but its really your choice if you were to change I'd go 16's. I have 35x12.50x15's an they are just fine

2x, I have 35's on my 15 inch rims, the look good and saved a bunch of money

KrawlOff-Road.com 05-09-2013 12:06 PM

Rule of thumb on the JK's is 17" or taller with 4.5"BS or less bs. Anything under that and you could potientally have problems.

PM, email, or call us if you have any questions my friend! We can help set you up with new wheels and your new Duratracs!

-Jason

Barmanvarn 05-09-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com (Post 3737468)
Rule of thumb on the JK's is 17" or taller with 4.5"BS or less bs. Anything under that and you could potientally have problems.

PM, email, or call us if you have any questions my friend! We can help set you up with new wheels and your new Duratracs!

-Jason

Are you stalking me now? LOL

KrawlOff-Road.com 05-09-2013 12:22 PM

LOL we try to do what we can!

-Jason


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.