Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   Throttle body spacers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/throttle-body-spacers-241485.html)

ddferdt 05-09-2013 06:52 AM

Throttle body spacers
 
Hey guys, I have a 91 with a 2.5. I've seen throttle body spacers and was wondering if anyone's used them and if they're worth buying.

sinepome 05-09-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddferdt (Post 3736515)
Hey guys, I have a 91 with a 2.5. I've seen throttle body spacers and was wondering if anyone's used them and if they're worth buying.

Yes people use them. No there not worth buying. Spend the money to fix something that's broken.

ddferdt 05-09-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinepome (Post 3736537)

Yes people use them. No there not worth buying. Spend the money to fix something that's broken.

So the power gain is pretty much worthless is what you're saying?

sevenservices 05-09-2013 09:37 AM

yes. Its like .000000000000000002 horsepower gained. I think most of us would see a greater horsepower increase with new spark plugs as they always seem to be overlooked and are designed to fail over time. ;)

ddferdt 05-09-2013 10:08 AM

Just did cap and plugs last week. Runs exponentially better. Thanks for the input!

AllMudd 05-09-2013 10:15 AM

I feel differently than most people here. I do believe it helps a little with the Hp gain. Your not going to notice to much only because its on a 2.5. I did mine years back with a header and its definitely noticeable. I have also heard, not tried it yet, if you can get a 4.0 TB from a junk yard and swap over the sensors from your 2.5 TB there also will be a nice HP gain.

sinepome 05-09-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllMudd (Post 3736902)
I feel differently than most people here. I do believe it helps a little with the Hp gain. Your not going to notice to much only because its on a 2.5. I did mine years back with a header and its definitely noticeable. I have also heard, not tried it yet, if you can get a 4.0 TB from a junk yard and swap over the sensors from your 2.5 TB there also will be a nice HP gain.

If you were to do a 4.0 tb, spacer, intake,5.0 ford injectors, header, and exhaust you would probably get a noticeable difference. But with just the spacer all your doing is making your intake air travel further.

JDWranglerGuy 06-17-2013 08:27 PM

5.0 Ford injectors?
 
Please give me more details on what that does?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.