Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Exhaust and thoughts? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/exhaust-and-thoughts-241751.html)

GuytonJK13 05-10-2013 10:22 AM

Exhaust and thoughts?
 
who here is running a aftermarket exhaust system on their JKs? and whats the thoughts and everyones personal preference on them.

thanks

meltek 05-10-2013 10:26 AM

I have the dynomax vt cat back on my jk and love it. I don't know if it added power or better mpg but I love the sound. Not to loud unless you really get on it and at 75 on the highway it doesn't bother you at all no droning either.

GuytonJK13 05-10-2013 11:50 AM

im really looking and leaning towards the Magnaflow series. i love magnaflows fitment and sound. anybody here running one?

kjeeper10 05-10-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meltek (Post 3741054)
I have the dynomax vt cat back on my jk and love it. I don't know if it added power or better mpg but I love the sound. Not to loud unless you really get on it and at 75 on the highway it doesn't bother you at all no droning either.

Mine is about to fall off and looking into the DMAX as well.

LEATHERFACE33 05-10-2013 01:22 PM

Im running the Corsa dual outlet exhaust and didnt really notice anything as far as performance but appearance and sound is excellent. No Drone at all and now she doesnt sound like a sewing machine, its no V8 but you gotta work with what you got.

GuytonJK13 05-10-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEATHERFACE33 (Post 3741649)
... doesnt sound like a sewing machine, its no V8 but you gotta work with what you got.

try getting sound out of a twin turboed duramax... it jus doesnt happen.lol:nonono:

danhammer 05-10-2013 02:42 PM

Dynomax Exhaust and DCB black Tips
 
Better than the stock exhaust ... Sounds great and painted it flat VHT black:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...60_800x531.jpg

:popcorn:

1Topp 05-10-2013 08:25 PM

:thumb:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5325/7...cb1aa220c2.jpg

Duramaxxed 05-11-2013 09:57 AM

AFE High Tuck.

Nice & Quiet.

GuytonJK13 05-12-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duramaxxed (Post 3744251)
AFE High Tuck.

Nice & Quiet.

Do you have the 2.5" or 3" system? Would you have a video clip by chance? Thanks

kramer2k 05-12-2013 07:32 AM

I have the Dynomax Evolution Competition exhaust. Here's a good clip of it.

Project-JK 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler DynoMax Evolution Competition Exhaust System Sound Clips - YouTube

I went this route because I wanted to ditch the hideous can that was hanging out the back stock. It weighs a ton and sounds puny and buzzy under acceleration.

Here's mine installed.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6lgkeD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/htSbbV4.jpg

danrb 05-12-2013 07:45 AM

I want to put the dynomax muffler in, but I'm not sure it would be legal in VA.

relyt 05-12-2013 07:55 AM

Does anyone know if that Dynomax will work with a 2 door? I've heard conflicting reports, but nothing from anybody I really trust, and nobody has been able to provide pictures of it installed on a 2 door.

Jackster3 05-12-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relyt (Post 3746717)
Does anyone know if that Dynomax will work with a 2 door? I've heard conflicting reports, but nothing from anybody I really trust, and nobody has been able to provide pictures of it installed on a 2 door.

Ive done a good amount of research on this for my 2 door. It is possible but there is trimming and fitting that needs to be done. If im not mostaken the instructions come for a 2 door as well that tell you the process of trimming and so forth. To be safe just call them yourself. I wont be ordering until they have a plug and play for a 2 door. If they ever do.

kramer2k 05-12-2013 09:20 AM

Even us 4-door guys need to trim a little of the extension pipe if lifted and using the Teraflex exhaust spacers. I had to trim 2" off to make up for the spacers so the hangers would line up properly. No big deal. It was a quick cut with a sawzall.

deepbluerubi 05-12-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danhammer (Post 3741905)
Better than the stock exhaust ... Sounds great and painted it flat VHT black:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...60_800x531.jpg

:popcorn:

Thats a great look.

relyt 05-12-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackster3 (Post 3746868)
Ive done a good amount of research on this for my 2 door. It is possible but there is trimming and fitting that needs to be done. If im not mostaken the instructions come for a 2 door as well that tell you the process of trimming and so forth. To be safe just call them yourself. I wont be ordering until they have a plug and play for a 2 door. If they ever do.

I know the Rock Crawler exhaust uses the same muffler, but it's in the stock location. I can't imagine the extra pipe changes the sound too much, but I like the turndown before the axle from an aesthetic standpoint. I'll probably end up with the rock crawler kit though.

Duramaxxed 05-12-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuytonJK13 (Post 3746467)
Do you have the 2.5" or 3" system? Would you have a video clip by chance? Thanks

I have the Axle-Back Setup.

No Sound Clips, but it is Quiet with a Nice Tone.

The actual Sound of the Engine is Louder than the Sound coming out of the Exhaust, i'll put it that way.

Menasor 05-12-2013 03:37 PM

I have the Gibson #617303 stainless steel dual exhaust system. Quality is really nice, installation was a breeze and the sound is exactly what I was looking for. Slightly louder at idle, but when the fun pedal is depressed it really wakes up, nice and throaty sound. Sometimes I look around when the top is off to figure out whose vehicle sounds that good....oh wait, it's the Jeep!

MichiganJeepster 05-12-2013 03:56 PM

2012 Jeep Wrangler 80 Series Flowmaster - YouTube Check out this Flowmaster 80 series muffler for Camaro/Firebirds custom mounted in place of factory muffler with resonator left in place.

MichiganJeepster 05-12-2013 03:58 PM

2012 Jeep JKU Interior sound with Flowmaster 80 series under hard acceleration - YouTube Here is another video with windows up and Hardtop on.

MichiganJeepster 05-12-2013 04:05 PM

The Flowmaster has a little drone while accelerating from a stop between 2500-3000 rpm's, but none at cruising speeds. 75-80 on highway just a nice quiet rumble, same for 45 mph. Pretty loud under hard acceleration, the videos were taken before muffler had broken in so it's a little louder now but not too loud. With this exhaust and Banks Ram Air my Jeep no longer downshifts going over highway overpasses with the cruise set. And that is with 35" BFG All Terrain TA's and 2.5" AEV lift.

mountainneer 05-12-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k (Post 3746681)
I have the Dynomax Evolution Competition exhaust. Here's a good clip of it.

Project-JK 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler DynoMax Evolution Competition Exhaust System Sound Clips - YouTube

I went this route because I wanted to ditch the hideous can that was hanging out the back stock. It weighs a ton and sounds puny and buzzy under acceleration.

Here's mine installed.

Have a had any problems slow rock crawling with the exhaust dumping before the axel...?? Just wonder if you get exhaust in the interior.

Thanks

Arsonman 05-12-2013 04:49 PM

Anyone running the AFE Mach Force muffler?

GuytonJK13 05-12-2013 06:53 PM

im still doin some reading and lookin....seems like i got a few phone calls to make on monday.

SF rubi 05-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menasor (Post 3747767)
I have the Gibson #617303 stainless steel dual exhaust system. Quality is really nice, installation was a breeze and the sound is exactly what I was looking for. Slightly louder at idle, but when the fun pedal is depressed it really wakes up, nice and throaty sound. Sometimes I look around when the top is off to figure out whose vehicle sounds that good....oh wait, it's the Jeep!

Do you have a 3.6 or 3.8? Any drone?

rics1997 05-12-2013 11:21 PM

I put on a Flowmaster 40 and hated it especially with the top off. When i took it to the muffler shop that installed mine they said they would put on a Thrush muffler for free until I decided on what I wanted but have to say for being one of the cheapest mufflers you could buy, I love the sound of the Thrush Muffler. I am just leaving it on. It sounds great.

fastNugly 05-12-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer2k (Post 3746681)
I have the Dynomax Evolution Competition exhaust. Here's a good clip of it.

Project-JK 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler DynoMax Evolution Competition Exhaust System Sound Clips - YouTube

I went this route because I wanted to ditch the hideous can that was hanging out the back stock. It weighs a ton and sounds puny and buzzy under acceleration.

Here's mine installed.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6lgkeD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/htSbbV4.jpg

Thanks for clip and images.
As mentioned. Badass JKUR you,got there :thumb:

Rmiller31 05-13-2013 12:13 AM

Flowmaster 40 tucked under the driver seat area. Sounds great once its broken in and was much less $$ then the kits that do the same thing. I've got several compliments on how it sounds.

fastNugly 05-13-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmiller31 (Post 3749451)
Flowmaster 40 tucked under the driver seat area. Sounds great once its broken in and was much less $$ then the kits that do the same thing. I've got several compliments on how it sounds.

Possible sound clip?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.